The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't figure out a way to monetise an account with 1.6 million followers then I'm not sure what to say, you're very dumb. I saw someone with an account with 250k followers complaining about the £8 a month Twitter subscription and it blew my mind, you can probably earn 100-1000x that each month from that Twitter account. I have a friend with 75k followers and he earns plenty from people paying to advertise through him, plus he does some other online stuff like streaming, but most of it is through Twitter I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
If you can't figure out a way to monetise an account with 1.6 million followers then I'm not sure what to say, you're very dumb. I saw someone with an account with 250k followers complaining about the £8 a month Twitter subscription and it blew my mind, you can probably earn 100-1000x that each month from that Twitter account.

If you want that to be your job. I can see it in the next Andrew Tate tutorial. Get Twitter blue, profit.

Last edited:
If you can't figure out a way to monetise an account with 1.6 million followers then I'm not sure what to say, you're very dumb. I saw someone with an account with 250k followers complaining about the £8 a month Twitter subscription and it blew my mind, you can probably earn 100-1000x that each month from that Twitter account. I have a friend with 75k followers and he earns plenty from people paying to advertise through him, plus he does some other online stuff like streaming, but most of it is through Twitter I'm pretty sure.

There's a company with around 400m followers that's struggling to make a profit out of it

The simple solution for a lot of people on Twitter is to just move their content elsewhere and get paid for it

There's a company with around 400m followers that's struggling to make a profit out of it

The simple solution for a lot of people on Twitter is to just move their content elsewhere and get paid for it

Not really, why wouldn't you just cross post all of your content? You don't need to be some social media genius to understand that.

Paid advertisements, directing people to patreon, directing people to Youtube videos, Twitch subscriptions, cashapp, Onlyfans, if you can't make money online with thousands of followers you deserve to be poor.

Last edited:
Not really, why wouldn't you just cross post all of your content? You don't need to be some social media genius to understand that.

Paid advertisements, directing people to patreon, directing people to Youtube videos, Twitch subscriptions, cashapp, Onlyfans, if you can't make money online with thousands of followers you deserve to be poor.

So Twitter just becomes a directory for content creators where users just post links to their content on different platforms. Doesn't sound like a platform people are going to pay to access or advertisers are going to want to buy space on

Also can you even auto cross post now without more fees for the API

Last edited:

It doesn't seem a coincidence that @elonmusk has become the top account on Twitter just months after its owner took control of the platform.

Early on Monday, Musk surpassed Barack Obama as the most followed Twitter user – with 133.08 million followers compared to Obama's 133.04 million.

It follows the Twitter CEO ordering company engineers to create a special system that boosts his tweets following the Super Bowl on February 12.

According to insiders, Musk ordered a revamp when his tweet about the Super Bowl didn't get as many impressions as a similar tweet from President Joe Biden.

The billionaire deleted his 'flopped' tweet and threatened to fire his engineering team if they did not fix the engagement issue.

Musk's tweet simply read 'Go @Eagles!!!' accompanied by US flag emoji – but Musk deleted it after it generated little more than 9.1 million impressions.

In comparison, Biden’s tweet – also expressing support for the Philadelphia Eagles who lost to Kansas City Chiefs – generated around 29 million impressions.

According to a report by Platformer, the incident capped off Musk's increasing frustration over what he saw as decreasing engagement with his tweets.

He ordered staff to revamp Twitter's algorithm – an issue internally described as 'high urgency' – so it would show users Musk's tweets first.

Hours later, Twitter users started sharing screenshots of the 'For You' tab showing nothing but tweets and replies from the CEO.

Last edited:
So Twitter just becomes a directory for content creators where users just post links to their content on different platforms. Doesn't sound like a platform people are going to pay to access or advertisers are going to want to buy space on

No, you can actually post frequently on Twitter and also occasionally include adverts or direct people to other places by having those links in your bio. Are these serious questions because it seems so basic and obvious to me?

This isn't some wild idea by the way, this already happens a lot.

Last edited:

Arguably it's similar to Instagram in that sense but creators have adapted and have ended up monetising content/generating revenue via other means - sponsored posts, affiliation, Patreon etc. The same can be done on Twitter and has been by other creators.

Elon spoke about it, but like most things he's said he would do he's failed to deliver

Given it's Musk and the fact they're in a big hole with cash flow, i'll believe it when i see it. Although creators relying on a possible future feature as a revenue stream seems a bit of a rookie error.

Saying that, if Musk does start offering a cut of advertising then i imagine other social media platforms will have to follow suit, so not a bad thing for creators as a whole.

Guys I think we may need to do a head count, some of you will have heard already and I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but for those that did not know Elon Musk is now the most followed man on Twitter, yes some had their Doomsday clock counting down to this very moment and were prepared for this apocalyptic day so good for them if they baby safed their room.

Now for those that were not prepared yes I understand you have been crying, raging, banging your head on the walls and have just managed to stop the tears and snot and I certainly am not hear to gloat or rub salt into your wounds, I come here out of pure concern for you guys.
So can we please do a head count incase we lost some of you, their heads may have exploded.

Guys I think we may need to do a head count, some of you will have heard already and I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but for those that did not know Elon Musk is now the most followed man on Twitter, yes some had their Doomsday clock counting down to this very moment and were prepared for this apocalyptic day so good for them if they baby safed their room.

Now for those that were not prepared yes I understand you have been crying, raging, banging your head on the walls and have just managed to stop the tears and snot and I certainly am not hear to gloat or rub salt into your wounds, I come here out of pure concern for you guys.
So can we please do a head count incase we lost some of you, their heads may have exploded.

It doesn't seem a coincidence that @elonmusk has become the top account on Twitter just months after its owner took control of the platform.

Early on Monday, Musk surpassed Barack Obama as the most followed Twitter user – with 133.08 million followers compared to Obama's 133.04 million.

It follows the Twitter CEO ordering company engineers to create a special system that boosts his tweets following the Super Bowl on February 12.

According to insiders, Musk ordered a revamp when his tweet about the Super Bowl didn't get as many impressions as a similar tweet from President Joe Biden.

The billionaire deleted his 'flopped' tweet and threatened to fire his engineering team if they did not fix the engagement issue.

Musk's tweet simply read 'Go @Eagles!!!' accompanied by US flag emoji – but Musk deleted it after it generated little more than 9.1 million impressions.

In comparison, Biden’s tweet – also expressing support for the Philadelphia Eagles who lost to Kansas City Chiefs – generated around 29 million impressions.

According to a report by Platformer, the incident capped off Musk's increasing frustration over what he saw as decreasing engagement with his tweets.

He ordered staff to revamp Twitter's algorithm – an issue internally described as 'high urgency' – so it would show users Musk's tweets first.

Hours later, Twitter users started sharing screenshots of the 'For You' tab showing nothing but tweets and replies from the CEO.

Amazing.

Maybe try some how to adult lessons.

Tom had the most friends on MySpace too!

I've just realized how Elon can save Twitter

Apparently it's super easy to get paid to tweet and with Elon's follower count and the fact all his tweets are promoted across the site he could get about 5 million per tweet (taking a rough guess as his reach is probably similar to a super bowl ad that can cost upwards of 7m)

So if he does just one paid tweet a day that's around 1.8bn a year

So all he has to do is sell out to make money on the site the same way he expects his content creators to

sXZu6rW.jpg

I've just realized how Elon can save Twitter

Apparently it's super easy to get paid to tweet and with Elon's follower count and the fact all his tweets are promoted across the site he could get about 5 million per tweet (taking a rough guess as his reach is probably similar to a super bowl ad that can cost upwards of 7m)

So if he does just one paid tweet a day that's around 1.8bn a year

So all he has to do is sell out to make money on the site the same way he expects his content creators to

He doesn't need to get paid mate - he doesn't care about the economics of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom