The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and that was entirely predictable.

All it's going to take is one rich celeb or one of the companies that's now being expected to pay for verification to bring a court case because Twitter has failed to do the minimum to prevent scams (and blue tick was just that) and the chances are Elon is going to be spending a lot of money on very expensive lawyers.

I often come in to companies review process etc and will sometimes come across something that doesn't make sense and everyone has no idea why it's done that way so it gets removed.. few weeks later something goes terribly wrong and everyone has that aha that's why moment

Except that Elon's doing it in public and everyone's told him why it's been done that way. Just the waiting part now

Last edited:
I've seen similar remarks from multiple news outlets, as one of them apparently put it in an internal email (paraphrasing) the paid for verification is worthless as a trust mark as anyone who has the money can get one, so all it's saying is that you've paid Musk.

This. It's really bizarre.

I know it's an old rule but it still applies. Remember, don't feed the trolls ;)

Don't quote them, tag them, don't give them the notification they feed on. "ooo I've been quoted 5 times, someone noticed me"

It only encourages them, though I say them, there's only one who suffers with memory loss that the rule should apply to

I know it's an old rule but it still applies. Remember, don't feed the trolls ;)

Don't quote them, tag them, don't give them the notification they feed on. "ooo I've been quoted 5 times, someone noticed me"

It only encourages them, though I say them, there's only one who suffers with memory loss that the rule should apply to

But Musk himself is quoted here ad infinitum, and those posts re-quoted and dissected in an ongoing manner.

Yet a quick thread search shows he himself has been accused of being a troll umpteen times.... Another mysterious case of dual standards.

But Musk himself is quoted here ad infinitum, and those posts re-quoted and dissected in an ongoing manner.

Yet a quick thread search shows he himself has been accused of being a troll umpteen times.... Another mysterious case of dual standards.

How is quoting someone who doesn't read or post on this forum 'feeding the troll' ?

Elon Musks biased evil platform that spreads false news.
How come you don't just drop Twitter and get on with your lives:p
Go back to using the ever so reliable and balanced mainstream media.

So users who aren't Elon simps should just leave, that is what you are saying.

Same argument as people who voted remain and still comment on how **** Brexit is should just move to the EU.

Of course he reads this forum. He does, doesn't he? Or are you detractors and financial advisers just vacuously echo chambering around again?

Yes we all know he reads this forum I asked what he thought and got a well thought out personal reply

I've asked for an independent review of a couple of posters contribution to this thread using the latest in AI and ML technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom