The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're dismissing the conclusion and data of the study because it doesn't meet your criteria of what you feel a study into hate crime on the platform should entail. By all means, feel free to post another peer-reviewed study that you feel is more "thorough" but you can't simply ignore one because you simply don't like it @Roar87, that's not how it works.

I haven't dismissed the study, I've actually read and understood it lol. On Twitter each day around 500,000,000 Tweets are sent (Source: https://www.dsayce.com/social-media/tweets-day/ ).

As per the below study there were 4,778 Tweets sent in a 12 hour period that they classed as hate speech. Even if we take that at face value (and we shouldn't because simply using a word doesn't mean that it was used in a hateful manner, i.e. a black guy using the N-word), then the percentage of Tweets that are considered hateful is around 0.000002%.

• On October 28 from midnight to noon (immediately following Musk’s acquisition), the studied hate speech was Tweeted some 4,778 times.

Last edited:
Can you name me a Right leaning prominent person you admire or even like? I can name a few Left leaning ones, but it's my shout...

No

As I said its not about politics its about idiot or not. Just because someone is of the right it doesnt mean they are idiots. Some try very hard though.

I could probably give you more names of people on the left that I think are idiots than not idiots on the right.

Last edited:
I haven't dismissed the study, I've actually read and understood it lol. On Twitter each day around 500,000,000 Tweets are sent (Source: https://www.dsayce.com/social-media/tweets-day/ ).

As per the below study there were 4,778 Tweets sent in a 12 hour period that they classed as hate speech. Even if we take that at face value (and we shouldn't because simply using a word doesn't mean that it was used in a hateful manner, i.e. a black guy using the N-word), then the percentage of Tweets that are considered hateful is around 0.000002%.
As it's not constant, how many tweets were sent (or added to the platform) in that twelve hour period?

Last edited:
No

As I said its not about politics its about idiot or not. Just because someone is of the right it doesnt mean they are idiots. Some try very hard though.

I could probably give you more names of people on the left that I think are idiots than not idiots on the right.

OK, so there's not a single person known to have Right leaning sympathies you have any liking for, even away from politics?

Dunno, about half of 500m I guess, I don't have access to Twitters actual Tweets per day.
Do you know how Sayce arrives at the 500m daily average figure you quoted?

But you really need the total during that exact time period for it to really make sense. Although using your figures, my shoddy maths makes the result 0.0009556% (4778/500000000) and not 0.000002%.

Edit - Even that is incorrect as it should be (4778/250000000), so 0.00191.

Last edited:
Do you know how Sayce arrives at the 500m daily average figure you quoted?

But you really need the total during that exact time period for it to really make sense. Although using your figures, my shoddy maths makes the result 0.0009556% (4778/500000000) and not 0.000002%.

I mean, pick any of those numbers and the amount of hateful Tweets sent in a given day is absolutely miniscule

Are you saying the Ukraine war is a left right divide?

So left wing for Ukraine And right wing for Russia?

You said "As I said its not about politics its about idiot or not"
Clearly claiming whether you like someone does not depend on politics yet the earlier quote I brought up shows you stating people should dislike Musk over the Ukraine issue.

Look it's right there.

zWMjpMW.jpeg

Are you going to go down that something potato user route and pretend you can't read now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom