The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, pick any of those numbers and the amount of hateful Tweets sent in a given day is absolutely miniscule
The data isn't there to make your maths work to prove any form of meaningful conclusion. Using plucked figures and attempting to extrapolate backwards doesn't really prove anything unfortunately.

Either way, that study is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Mr. Musk has committed the cardinal sin of showing some affinity to the American and global Right. It's a sin many of the Left here, and on many other forums will never forgive. Never accept. Never compromise over. Twitter was a bastion, a safe space for Left leaning dialogue. In the eyes of many on the Left it's akin to the scruffy old pub they'd natter in being demolished. Whereas it's actually just had a revamp and they now feel "challenged" in there.. One can smell the bile.

How about not making Twitter political at all. He is Twitter and he's made it very clear what his political leanings are.

I mean, pick any of those numbers and the amount of hateful Tweets sent in a given day is absolutely miniscule

Try this open Twitter type n word hater in the search (try and avoid following them), how are people setting up accounts with that name?

That's the most basic thing to block and they haven't done that. Imagine what else is getting through.

These people need an enemy, and he's public enemy number one at the moment.

Like I said at the beginning, it's just a cooy/paste of the trump thread.

It is nothing like the Trump thread. Elon is acting like an arse in many ways but Trump is and has been a scum bag for his entire adult life. Elon isn't a sexual assaulter and rapist to my knowledge, Trump has accuasions going back decades. I could list Trump's faults all night, he is a dangerous anti democratic wannabe autocrat.

This is a man who claimed his authority was total. He was president and he didn't even bother to read the Constitution which would have explained his powers under Article 2. Its not like its long read.

How about not making Twitter political at all. He is Twitter and he's made it very clear what his political leanings are.

Has he? He seems pretty centre, though as politics have swung very hard each way recently maybe he is - not through his own doing mind. What makes him right? Assuming that's what your getting at?

Musk covered the hate tracks, he's not stupid, first disable API that was being used to sample the tweets - entry fee for that game is now $42K/month

Nominate Keir Starmers Rishi hate propaganda in the top 10 impacting general public.

Show me a Left leaning forum where Musk's name is not mud. It's actually quite pitiable that so many claim their sudden hatred of him is NOT politically led.

This is beyond ridiculous, so much so that it’s quite obviously projection of a sort.

From the majority of people in this thread, the criticisms of Musk have been based almost exclusively upon his dreadfully poor decision making when it comes to running a company that clearly doesn’t suit his realm of expertise.

There’s no hatred, merely criticism of his compoundingly poor business decisions, combined with some confusion as to why he’s alienating the advertisers who make up the bulk of his newly acquired company’s revenue.

It’s patently obvious that his recent, disingenuous embrace of the far right and his descent into conspiracy theory is little more than deliberate profiteering that exploits the weak minded.

He doesn’t believe most of the stuff he’s recently been espousing, he’s not that stupid; but as this forum is clearly demonstrating, some of his simps absolutely are that dumb; and like every other grifter before him, he’s recognised it and is prepared to exploit that fact.

For you or anyone else to pretend that’s it’s those who are critical of him who are playing politics is mind bogglingly ridiculous; when it’s so hilariously obvious that his small minded victims and those who have jumped to his defence with no understanding whatsoever of any impact he may or may not have caused, or how indeed the industry he’s injected himself into operates, are doing so purely out of some kind of bizarre political kinship, because they hilariously perceive him as an ally when he’s so obviously actually not, is honestly… Utterly laughable.

If musk manages to turn around Twitter, I’ll be the first person to praise his business acumen in this specific area and will happily admit that he got it right; but right now it really doesn’t look as though that’s the case.

Instead, from where the rest of us are standing, there’s simply a handful of oddball simps in this forum, who are absolutely incapable of any kind of objectivity whatsoever, who are viewing this entire thing through the lens of their own small minded politics themselves.

It’s cringeworthy and this kind of gaslighting needs calling out for what it is.

Last edited:
Oh, goody...

That'll definitely make Twitter better :rolleyes:
Is there any information on how much the deal is worth to Twitter/Musk?

At least it'll keep the cryptobros happy...

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

The data isn't there to make your maths work to prove any form of meaningful conclusion. Using plucked figures and attempting to extrapolate backwards doesn't really prove anything unfortunately.

Either way, that study is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yeah it does, that study showed the number of hateful Tweets in a 12 hour period and I compared that to the number of total Tweets sent in a day. It absolutely proves that hate speech is a tiny amount of the total number of Tweets, you would likely struggle to find hate speech on Twitter without going looking for it.

How can you disagree with that perfectly logical conclusion?

That was a good interview with the BBC, don't think it went as well for the Journalist as it did for Elon though.

He's right about the "hate speech" thing though, who decides what is hateful or not, who is the arbiter, Twitter is a platform not a publisher right so it can't decide on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom