The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was struggling to track down the activation of poison pill. It didn't happen.
The provision was put in place as Musk was acquiring shares without a public intention.

They negotiated for three days over the price so thats what I think I was remembering about the price going up.

Funny I stumbled across a Musk statement whilst looking into the above, he told investors he would quadruple turnover to $26.4 billion by 2028. Be interesting to watch this one play out.

Why would I listen to an interview by an incompetent BBC journalist? I want to see a proper hardball journalist interview him, what is the betting that never happens?

I suppose you would listen if you wanted to hear what his actual opinions on things are, since it's a 50+ minute interview and you probably only watched some short clip. It's fairly insightful. Apparently though you're only interested in watching someone grill him for some reason, rocket man bad etc

I suppose you would listen if you wanted to hear what his actual opinions on things are, since it's a 50+ minute interview and you probably only watched some short clip. It's fairly insightful. Apparently though you're only interested in watching someone grill him for some reason, rocket man bad etc

No I want to see a serious journalist question him, a well prepared journalist. The most powerful people in society should be held to account, doesn't matter if its a politician or owner of a very important social media company. I've watched/listened to Elon on Joe Rogan and Lex Friedman and seen other interviews on such things as SpaceX but its Twitter I am interested in at this point. You are right I haven't seen the whole interview but the bits I did see left me underwhelmed to say the least by the interviewer. Its safe to say it was a car crash and that is why Elon and his simps were crowing about it for a few days.

If you want any evidence that the average American is incredibly stupid and ignorant, look no further than this thread:

Dozens of morons are celebrating because they think it's referring to the American ABC, which aside from having a completely different logo, is actually a private sector company and not government funded at all.

Last edited:
Yeah the correspondent is just too inexperienced to handle a self confidence monster like him. I doubt many are? Coming at him with nothing but a bunch of one liners.
Whole thing reminds me of Catherine Tate? And Jordon Peterson C4? Long time ago....

I've obviously not watched the whole thing, but the clips are "funny" for use of a better word.
Everyone is out for a gotcha moment because that is sadly the way...

Elon is a weird fish.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for the moment Mr AI-conscious starts asking his fans to be guinea pigs for a more 'sensible' AI without realising the folly they've walked into.
Twitter probably has a lower probability of killing you than a tesla car where he has the same aspirations
Musk march "We’re close to using NNs all the way from image-space to vector-space to control"

I've obviously not watched the whole thing, but the clips are "funny" for use of a better word.
watch the whole thing he was riled by earlier questions so his first opportunity for revenge was requesting examples of hate mail, quite childish.

Yeah the correspondent is just too inexperienced to handle a self confidence monster like him. I doubt many are? Coming at him with nothing but a bunch of one liners.
Whole thing reminds me of Catherine Tate? And Jordon Peterson C4? Long time ago....

Elon is a weird fish.

Cathy Newman. ;)

I would love a Catherine Tate vs. JBP interview:

JBP: The concept of "material reality" is a post-Enlightenment concept. I mean, if you look, for example, at how the alchemists described things prior to the emergence of the material world, they discuss the nature of the essence of the lemon. Well, a lemon is solar in essence. It partakes of the sun. Well, it needs the sun. It’s yellow, like the sun. It has the same stuff as the sun. The sun is golden. The sun is mercurial. The sun is illuminating. It has all sorts of attributes that we would consider spiritual. There was no distinction between the spiritual and the material.

CT: Am I bovvered?

JBP: Cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom