The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Newman. ;)

I would love a Catherine Tate vs. JBP interview:

JBP: The concept of "material reality" is a post-Enlightenment concept. I mean, if you look, for example, at how the alchemists described things prior to the emergence of the material world, they discuss the nature of the essence of the lemon. Well, a lemon is solar in essence. It partakes of the sun. Well, it needs the sun. It’s yellow, like the sun. It has the same stuff as the sun. The sun is golden. The sun is mercurial. The sun is illuminating. It has all sorts of attributes that we would consider spiritual. There was no distinction between the spiritual and the material.

CT: Am I bovvered?

JBP: Cries.
Omg lol yes loooooool that is actually brilliant.
Yeah bit of a brain fart there.

Last edited:
Effectively is just another word for they didn't.

Musk is working hard to reduce trust in government, because that plays well to his fanbois and makes him look like a cool rebellious freedom fighter in their eyes. His latest lies are carefully calculated to that end. It's red meat for the conspiracy theorists too, and he knows that.

Last edited:
All the more farcical they defend him when he's doing exactly what every other oligarch is doing to maintain their power/wealth whilst saying they're going to boycott other elitists for doing the same thing, truly mind-numbingly boring watching it unfold.

Cathy Newman. ;)

I would love a Catherine Tate vs. JBP interview:

JBP: The concept of "material reality" is a post-Enlightenment concept. I mean, if you look, for example, at how the alchemists described things prior to the emergence of the material world, they discuss the nature of the essence of the lemon. Well, a lemon is solar in essence. It partakes of the sun. Well, it needs the sun. It’s yellow, like the sun. It has the same stuff as the sun. The sun is golden. The sun is mercurial. The sun is illuminating. It has all sorts of attributes that we would consider spiritual. There was no distinction between the spiritual and the material.

CT: Am I bovvered?

JBP: Cries.

Christ Tom, poking fun at Peterson in the Musk thread...are you trying to give Roar an aneurysm!?!

Musk is working hard to reduce trust in government, because that plays well to his fanbois and makes him look like a cool rebellious freedom fighter in their eyes. His latest lies are carefully calculated to that end. It's red meat for the conspiracy theorists too, and he knows that.

Yep, you can't trust the government but you can trust Elon.

If you want any evidence that the average American is incredibly stupid and ignorant, look no further than this thread:

Dozens of morons are celebrating because they think it's referring to the American ABC, which aside from having a completely different logo, is actually a private sector company and not government funded at all.

Wow Im fairly sure I have seen most of those crazy posts in GD before.

Would an Oxford Professor work, if not Elon Musk? Do you just dislike the source information? You realise Elon Musk is simply one of *many* people saying the same thing.
See the problem is that you're pretending he's not simply using it to slow everyone else down so he can catch up, he's already inferred as much and his businesses all point toward the use of AI as a benefit for the elite rather than you... not the elite.

See the problem is that you're pretending he's not simply using it to slow everyone else down so he can catch up, he's already inferred as much and his businesses all point toward the use of AI as a benefit for the elite rather than you... not the elite.

Sounds like a conspiracy. It's ironic that you ignore the actual conspiracies involving the government spying on Twitter users and instead focus on one that you've just made up on the spot.

What if this WAS their best.
the best twitter users, who watched a sound-bite can reply ?
the more twitter posts, posted, from peoples 'for you' feed, the more it looks like a diet of fast food (regrettable time spent , using Musks metric) - empty calories.

Which government?
he means the way that the US government can and does ask for details of people who have done things like made threats against others (and by law has to pay for the time it takes to resolve such requests).

Apparently it's a real issue that worries some people that your details may be requested from a service you've used to threaten other people, as they seem to think this is something unusual or only ever happened at twitter.

Meanwhile I can hear echos of various very big US forum admins cackling as they remember how often they got visits from the secret service after threats had been made against the president on their forums.

he means the way that the US government can and does ask for details of people who have done things like made threats against others (and by law has to pay for the time it takes to resolve such requests).

Apparently it's a real issue that worries some people that your details may be requested from a service you've used to threaten other people, as they seem to think this is something unusual or only ever happened at twitter.

Meanwhile I can hear echos of various very big US forum admins cackling as they remember how often they got visits from the secret service after threats had been made against the president on their forums.

While I get that it sounds like his objections come from an US based CT site. As the gist of your post.

Actualy just reread Roars post again and I see its just a whataboutery post after all.

Last edited:
While I get that it sounds like his objections come from an US based CT site. As the gist of your post.

Actualy just reread Roars post again and I see its just a whataboutery post after all.
Aye it pretty much is.

It's law enforcement doing exactly as they're required to do by law and investigate stuff, and if that means they're incurring a cost from a service provider they have to pay it (which both protects the service provider from an undue financial burden*), and offers some protection in addition to the actual law for the people whose details are being requested as it means the agency involved has to pay for it.

*You'd think Musk would be all for that, given how desperate he is to get $8 from Stephen King and Obama to help offset the $3 million a day he's paying in interest on his impulse purchase. I sometimes regret buying a DVD but I don't even regret buying Spring Breakers as much as Musk seems to regret buying Twitter for twice it's value..

Would an Oxford Professor work, if not Elon Musk? Do you just dislike the source information? You realise Elon Musk is simply one of *many* people saying the same thing.
That headline appears to be intentionally misleading, given that if you decide to read the (very short) article itself, she says, "AI is very useful. It’s all around us, for example your phone or your satnav or your bank are full of AI."

Guess even Oxford aren't above click-bait headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom