The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor people don't have cars, especially somewhere like London. You're talking about people with enough money to own a car (which is not poor people) but not enough to upgrade that car.

A lot of people in outer London have cars that have very little disposable income and with the ULEZ extension some will get hit by this, especially if they own a diesel. EURO6 cars are from Sept 2015 so that is just 7.5 years old.

Sigh, you always go to an extreme take don't you instead of having a sensible conversation, maybe you should just stick yo posting NPC memes?

Just looking at the ULEZ info in London

So the car can be 18 yrs old and potentially up to 22 years old...

Pretty sure if someone can afford to run a car in the first place they'll be able to pick up a ULEZ compliant one.

Edit: And it seems they are taking into account "poor" people

That should make us both happy, eh Roar? ;)

I just had to upgrade my van to EURO6, my old van was EURO5 but only made in 2016. ULEZ made it pretty much worthless on the second hand market compared to 2017 EURO6 vans, I didn't drive inside the current ULEZ more than twice a week but with the extension coming in August I would have got hit 5 days a week and that would have cost me £2925 a year.

No Khan will get the blame. The reason a lot of right wingers blame him for things is because he is a muslim and they hate him.
I think they don't like him because he's putting a daily levy on people.

I think he's antagonised people by not listening to them, and then accusing people of having a far right agenda. In contrast to Burnham who came on to the local radio and take feedback and engaged properly. There wasn't the same antagonism around the issue

In the GM one they had signs everywhere. You couldn't leave your small town to go to the next one without being charged the daily rate.

Khan threw Dick under the bus, hopefully he's next, and just wants a cash grab with ULEZ when the data says pollution hasn't reduced

worry free hate speech without those prying eyes (who can no longer afford the license to access the API anyway)
what percentage of the traffic will be transferred to that, will the advertisers U turn too.

Twitter Moves to the Next Stage with DM Encryption

Published April 16, 2023
Twitter’s shift to full DM encryption is a step closer, with the new screenshots showing exactly how encrypted messages will function in the app.
e: the success of ulez

seems the existing ULEZ had produced some small mean 3% reduction in Nox/No2 .. and some sites started now increased or returned to pre-ulez levels ..
slower traffic flow being one reason. ... stupid sadiq barking up wrong tree.

Has the ultra low emission zone in London improved air quality?

Last edited:
That sound you can hear is the rustling of jimmies.

Seriously Sankari. Have you seen the company you keep?

When the Supreme Court declared a constitutional right to same-sex marriage nearly eight years ago, social conservatives were set adrift.

The ruling stripped them of an issue they had used to galvanize rank-and-file supporters and big donors. And it left them searching for a cause that — like opposing gay marriage — would rally the base and raise the movement’s profile on the national stage.

“We knew we needed to find an issue that the candidates were comfortable talking about,” said Terry Schilling, the president of American Principles Project, a social conservative advocacy group. “And we threw everything at the wall.”

What has stuck, somewhat unexpectedly, is the issue of transgender identity, particularly among young people. Today, the effort to restrict transgender rights has supplanted same-sex marriage as an animating issue for social conservatives at a pace that has stunned political leaders across the spectrum.

It has reinvigorated a network of conservative groups, increased fund-raising and set the agenda in school boards and state legislatures.

The campaign has been both organic and deliberate, and has even gained speed since Donald J. Trump, an ideological ally, left the White House.

Since then, at least 20 states, all controlled by Republicans, have enacted laws that reach well beyond the initial debates over access to bathrooms and into medical treatments, participation in sports and policies on discussing gender in schools.

About 1.3 million adults and 300,000 children in the United States identify as transgender. These efforts have thrust them, at a moment of increased visibility and vulnerability, into the center of the nation’s latest battle over cultural issues.

Last edited:
Funny though.

Space x and tesla share world wide news stories? I'm not sure they do?

It's really not the same at all, and just salty media outlets getting into a twist because they've been called out.
They haven't been 'called out', some government money to keep an orgnisation focused on more important matters instead of chasing grifts/sensational claptrap is not some wild conspiracy to control people's minds.

Musk however absolutely wants to project that he's some big independent bootstraps kind of guy who created everything by himself with no 'bigguv' intrusion when that is entirely inaccurate and his facetious remarks are proof of his attempts to downplay said government funding so he can get away with it.

Last edited:
Seriously Sankari. Have you seen the company you keep?

You have no idea of the company I keep.

About 1.3 million adults and 300,000 children in the United States identify as transgender.

The definition of 'transgender' is now so broad, anyone can simply claim it by saying they're 'queer' without elaborating on the details. It's become almost meaningless.

I support trans rights. I don't support being coerced into denying reality.

They haven't been 'called out', some government money to keep an orgnisation focused on more important matters instead of chasing grifts/sensational claptrap is not some wild conspiracy to control people's minds.

Musk however absolutely wants to project that he's some big independent bootstraps kind of guy who created everything by himself with no 'bigguv' intrusion when that is entirely inaccurate and his facetious remarks are proof of his attempts to downplay said government funding so he can get away with it.

Is it really that bad that the public now have an obvious way of seeing how news is funded though?

I really struggle to understand why it's so bad.

Is it really that bad that the public now have an obvious way of seeing how news is funded though?

What matters is if they are editorial independent from their funders not how they are funded. Ie Russia Today is propaganda npr is not having the same tag is an attempt to legitimize Russian and Chinese state News sources

You have no idea of the company I keep.

The definition of 'transgender' is now so broad, anyone can simply claim it by saying they're 'queer' without elaborating on the details. It's become almost meaningless.

I support trans rights. I don't support being coerced into denying reality.
It's almost like you have independent thoughts on certain subjects.

Sort it out will you, Tony isn't happy.

What matters is if they are editorial independent from their funders not how they are funded. Ie Russia Today is propaganda npr is not having the same tag is an attempt to legitimize Russian and Chinese state News sources

I can't see RT as its banned so didn't know it doesn't have the same tag.

But I still don't really see an issue with the clarity?

Funny though.

Space x and tesla share world wide news stories? I'm not sure they do?

It's really not the same at all, and just salty media outlets getting into a twist because they've been called out.

If Elon feels he needs to go down this route he should start labelling politicians. If one gets the highest percentage of their funding from big pharma for example they should label him/her as so. Just watch how this support of Twitter labelling media would change in an instant and the politician would be up in arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom