The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla sales 33% up and profit 24% down, not a good set of results. Analysts thinking it's time to instal a CEO/COO at Tesla with the inference being that at least someone will be focussing on the company's needs and not being distracted by their other hobbies.

Not really surprising, they substantially dropped their prices to keep sales high.

Yep, a crude tactic to try and keep market share, but the bottom line is always where it's at. In an ever competing market where the other manufacturers have made significant inroads into what was once a captive market for Tesla, then the company needs to be able to respond to the changing landscape to still keep the profits rolling.

Whats that got to do with twitter or is it just a **** on elon thread now

Who ****** in your cornflakes this morning? It wasn't worth stating a new thread for and people have been saying this is a potential problem all throughout this thread, that Elon should focus on what he is good at and not be distracted ****ing about with a Social media company that he obviously isn't a genius at running. Unless you think halving the value of what you paid for a company in a few months is a genius thing to do of course.

Who ****** in your cornflakes this morning? It wasn't worth stating a new thread for and people have been saying this is a potential problem all throughout this thread, that Elon should focus on what he is good at and not be distracted ****ing about with a Social media company that he obviously isn't a genius at running. Unless you think halving the value of what you paid for a company in a few months is a genius thing to do of course.

How much time did he spend at Tesla week Freakbro? Could you give me a break down of his diary?

Last edited:
How much time did he spend at Tesla week Freakbro? Could you give me a break down of his diary?

I'm sure you'll have a far better idea of that than me Roar! I really don't have much skin in the game on this one*, I'm just here for the lols :D

If you notice in my previous post though, I was just relaying what was said by some market analysts on the news this morning and it seemed to correlate to previous predictions/warnings made by others in this thread, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

*I don't use twitter, though I think it's a very useful resource, but if it failed for whatever reason something else would just step up and replace it.

Yep, a crude tactic to try and keep market share, but the bottom line is always where it's at. In an ever competing market where the other manufacturers have made significant inroads into what was once a captive market for Tesla, then the company needs to be able to respond to the changing landscape to still keep the profits rolling.
It probably isn't helping Tesla that their car designs are aging, and they're actively removing what have become basic features, IIRC they've decided to remove the ultrasonic parking sensors because the "cameras can do it ok", despite those self same cameras having shown they're not actually good at judging distance in many conditions where the ultrasonic sensors would have zero issues.

On the plus side if they're losing margin on every car sold it might encourage them to improve the actual build quality so they're not having to spend thousands fixing issues issues that cost cents to prevent if done during build.

You do understand how engineering works? Probably not actually, you're more focused on irrational hatred.

Well done to the space x team for a successful test.

Though, can we maybe keep this conversation on topic and not turn it into a hate Elon for any reason and stick to twitter. There's a relevant thread for space x, if you wish to slate them for the progression their making on space travel.

This one I can give him ;)

The launch was primarily about testing the booster and planned for that, anything more was going to be a bonus.
As I understand it the booster stage succeed despite at least 3 or the engines failing, which is good news for safety long term as it demonstrates there is potentially enough redundancy to allow for a partial failure.

Mind you I'll also say that this is a credit to the actual rocket engineers and scientists who designed and built the system and almost certainly over engineered it as much as they could given weight considerations.

Last edited:
Successful? It frickin blew up. Id hate to see what an unsuccessful test looked like.

People don't understand what the point in this launch, or many are for. Does everyone think engineers build everything successfully first time every time?

New technology goes through insane test process. The first new iPhone built will be tested through extreme measures, damn even games are.

I understand hating someone, sure do it. But at least educate yourself a little before openingly expressing yourself publicly.

People don't understand what the point in this launch, or many are for. Does everyone think engineers build everything successfully first time every time?

New technology goes through insane test process. The first new iPhone built will be tested through extreme measures, damn even games are.

I understand hating someone, sure do it. But at least educate yourself a little before openingly expressing yourself publicly.

Any F1 fans here? I am not one but have enough insight into motorsport to know for every successful engine, transaxle, aerodynamic package and weight saving effort there are countless failures that (hopefully) remain unnoticed. Flinging a rocket into space tends to be harder to hide from the public than an engine grenading itself in the privacy of its makers dyno cell :)

But the bandwagon hatred of Mr. Musk is overwhelming of all else <LOL>

SpaceX has from the very start had a philosophy of break things quickly.

NASA has QA and reports and assessments for everything and it costs a fortune. $4Bn a flight for SLS. SpaceX builds, breaks, changes and tries again. That is the same rational for the first 3 Starship sub-orbital flights and it is the same rationale for the Super Heavy Booster. It's actually cheaper in the long run. So successful in fact that something like 90% of the mass lifted to orbit this year will have been done by SpaceX, not in the US in the World.

Last edited:
SpaceX has from the very start had a philosophy of break things quickly.

NASA has QA and reports and assessments for everything and it costs a fortune. $4Bn a flight for SLS. SpaceX builds, breaks, changes and tries again. That is the same rational for the first 3 Starship sub-orbital flights and it is the same rationale for the Super Heavy Booster. It's actually cheaper in the long run. So successful in fact that something like 90% of the mass lifted to orbit this year will have been done by SpaceX, not in the US in the World.
All of those things came about due to failures and NASA still ends up running into problems regardless, if SX wants to be serious it'll have to adopt those processes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom