The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASA has excessive QA and reports and assessments for everything and it costs a fortune. $4Bn a flight for SLS.
@StriderX I'll accept in my haste I wasn't clear enough. But surely you think SpaceX is a serous rocket company? They launch about 1 rocket a week and have recovered the first stage about 160+ times. No other company has done that for an orbital flight even once (in a comparable fashion). They have a man rated space capsule and a virtual monopoly on US launched crews to the ISS.

@StriderX I'll accept in my haste I wasn't clear enough. But surely you think SpaceX is a serous rocket company? They launch about 1 rocket a week and have recovered the first stage about 160+ times. No other company has done that for an orbital flight even once (in a comparable fashion). They have a man rated space capsule and a virtual monopoly on US launched crews to the ISS.
All I'm saying is that if regular human crewed missions beyond orbitals are going to be a thing then extra precautions are an inevitability. A relatively large crew en-route to Mars having an accident will be very damaging to future missions.

So you are saying that since Elon has been spending most of his time at Twitter HQ things have been going better at SpaceX HQ? Interesting.

Successful? It frickin blew up. Id hate to see what an unsuccessful test looked like.

Considering it is by some way the most powerful rocket ever launched with an engine design that has never been attempted before, it actually was a success to get that far. Unlike NASA who would see this as a massive failure, SpaceX has always been about design, build and test quickly, gather data and try again. The NASA route is completely different, can take years if not decades, cost 10x as much so they can't afford to fail. Clearly there are issues that need fixing, 7 engines failed early in the flight, whether that was flying debris or some other reason, I'm sure we will find out. To get past MaxQ and not even break up when it failed to stage is still an accomplishment.

But the bandwagon hatred of Mr. Musk is overwhelming of all else <LOL>
Not sure two users makes a bandwagon of "hatred" :cry:

But sure, the launch exceeded SpaceX's expectations and no doubt they got the data needed, so successful launch all around.

So you are saying that since Elon has been spending most of his time at Twitter HQ things have been going better at SpaceX HQ? Interesting.
If you believe the rumours, he's allegedly better "managed" at SpaceX with a number of levels between him and the workforce to stop his usual interference.

Last edited:
Considering it is by some way the most powerful rocket ever launched with an engine design that has never been attempted before, it actually was a success to get that far.

Hold on are you saying that they expected it to blow up then, like a failsafe?

A bit like Tesla cars not having a problem stopping proved by all the times they have crashed into hard objects.

Im mainly joshing but blowing up is not a success. Yeah the launch was good but hmm. Arent these rockets mean to land again?

Last edited:
Im mainly joshing but blowing up is not a success. Yeah the launch was good but hmm. Arent these rockets mean to land again?
Yes, it was a success given what SpaceX needed to achieve with this launch. You would be better off sticking your head in to the SpaceX thread but everything after take-off was a bonus and this sort of rapid prototyping was seen with their other rockets so nothing unusual unless comparing to Boeing and Co.

Typical of Chris tbh.
Usual "..everyone hates Musk" keyboard dribble :cry:

Hold on are you saying that they expected it to blow up then, like a failsafe?

A bit like Tesla cars not having a problem stopping proved by all the times they have crashed into hard objects.

Yes they did but not like a failsafe. This rocket is HUGE! It has 17,100,100 lb of thrust and weighs 5000 tonnes. The Saturn 5 had 7,750,000 lb of thrust and weighed 2965 tonnes. It blows the Saturn 5 out of the water in every way. That it made it that far into the flight will be seen as a success. They will have lots of data to find out what went wrong and fix that for the next flight. The first 4 flights were never going to be recovered, they will all end up in the sea even if it is a controlled landing. I very much doubt the first Starship that makes it to orbit will actually survive the deorbit.

Last edited:
Yeah its a different matter when its not someone else. Elon banning the reporter for interviewing the hacker is just wrong.

Walsh is coping hard, but he's not fooling anyone.

Wikileaks distributes material gained by hacking. Matt Walsh: 'Excellent, Assange is a hero! We need more of this!'

Reporter merely reports on a hack and interviews the hacker. Matt Walsh: 'Lock him up!'

:rolleyes:

Matt Walsh is a total drip, a wet blanket in human form, and one the grimmest culture war grifters going.

That said the guy who hacked him is also pretty lame judging by the messages he posted, so many genuinely funny thing's he could have posted but instead he chooses to post obviously fake inane nonsense that reaks of a bored 16-year-old with too much time on their hands.

Last edited:
Any F1 fans here? I am not one but have enough insight into motorsport to know for every successful engine, transaxle, aerodynamic package and weight saving effort there are countless failures that (hopefully) remain unnoticed. Flinging a rocket into space tends to be harder to hide from the public than an engine grenading itself in the privacy of its makers dyno cell :)

But the bandwagon hatred of Mr. Musk is overwhelming of all else <LOL>
You’ve just reminded me of a previous company i worked at (Not in F1). They had the first engine blow up on the dyno. Crankcase destroyed and a piston at the the other side of the test chamber. It’s now been successfully on the market for a couple of years and the customers and reviewers love it.

Failures happen some are more public and spectacular than others.

So he is following through then..

Good!

I see a whole bunch of people that said they wouldn't pay have actually paid for Twitter blue. Stephen King, Lebron James
Musk also said he was going to leave some blue checks as they were..

and changed what the blue check blurb said specifically so the idiots paying $8 a month didn't keep getting called out.

SpaceX builds, breaks, changes and tries again.
parallels are there - so same philosophy for Musk with Twitter, but, the public won't be forgiving as soon as people are onboard the rocket, not sure how the Virgin Atlantic development is categorised in comparison RIP.
.. was AI used for starship rocket redundancy thrust control

Musk also said he was going to leave some blue checks as they were..

and changed what the blue check blurb said specifically so the idiots paying $8 a month didn't keep getting called out.

Well he hasn't left them as they were.

They all say paid for Twitter blue.

Just watch how it'll become the norm to subscribe. The clever ones that don't give **** about the politics of it all know what the platform offers them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom