The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 accounts that we know of, and that have come out to say that they refused to pay.

And yes.
When you very deliberately put yourself forward as the only public face of a company and make all the decisions in running the company (no matter how disastrous they are), then when you start to do stuff like pay for the accounts of the highest profile accounts that have refused to play along with your nonsense, it is defacto company polcy.

Remember Twitter no longer has a PR department, it barely has a legal department*, it's content moderation and decision making groups have been utterly gutted and people who have attempted to advice Musk to not make very obvious mistakes have been openly mocked and fired.
At this point Musk is effectively Twitter, and Musk's whims are twitter policy.

*Certainly it doesn't appear to have one in Germany that the German government could get a response from.

I gave you a link to the top 20 there. Go through them, they don't have ticks, 3 out of tens of thousands is not policy, no matter how much you try to spin it Werewolf. I don't understand how this a contentious point at all.

As you've posted ~520 times in SC, wouldn't you be part of this "bunch"?

hmmm-thinking.gif

p.s - Just for reference, i've posted twice, over three years ago...

That'll just be the 25 page limit of the standard search function as well, let alone all the large posts that have been archived from SC

This is how you lot are seen outside this 'safespace' of yours.
9Sdg5Uf.jpeg

Maybe I should have put a spoiler tag on it, a warning sign maybe, stating this could cause tears to run down the faces of the delusional.
You know you can criticise someone for how they're handling one business whilst simultaneously applaud them for their achievements with another?

Last edited:
You know you can criticise someone for how they're handling one business whilst simultaneously applaud them for their achievements with another?
I do wonder a bit if the SpaceX guys are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that Musk is currently busy with his new toy and they can get on with working with the rockets without the reported need to manage Musk.

I do wonder a bit if the SpaceX guys are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that Musk is currently busy with his new toy and they can get on with working with the rockets without the reported need to manage Musk.
Who knows if it's true but the rumour is that he's tightly 'managed' within SpaceX with a lot of layers between him and workers, so the interference is a lot less than say Tesla etc.

I think they're laughing because his $100 billion private corporation with the very best of 21st century technology and decades of history to draw on, has failed to do what a $4 billion ($32 billion in today's money) government agency succeeded in doing 87 years ago, when space rocket science was barely in its teens.

And the percentage of 'in debt for gender studies degrees' within that crowd of mockers will be vanishingly small.
As has been pointed out to you numerous times in the SpaceX thread, given what SpaceX needed to achieve with the prototype, it was a successful launch, ie - if it didn't explode on the pad then everything else was a bonus.

If you want to get your panties in a twist over rockets then look at Boeing et al with SLS and the shambles that has been to get to where it currently is.

I think they're laughing because his $100 billion private corporation with the very best of 21st century technology and decades of history to draw on, has failed to do what a $4 billion ($32 billion in today's money) government agency succeeded in doing 87 years ago, when space rocket science was barely in its teens.

And the percentage of 'in debt for gender studies degrees' within that crowd of mockers will be vanishingly small.
This statement so hugely misrepresents the truth of both situations. One questions whether you don't know what you're talking about or are trolling.

If you want to get your panties in a twist over rockets then look at Boeing et al with SLS and the shambles that has been to get to where it currently is.

Yes, they do things differently. Where SLS currently is happens to be with a 100% success rate, making it to space on the first attempt.

Is it perfect? God no, like you say - the program has been shocking, but it worked first time without having to blowup a load of prototypes.

He is one of the SpaceX guys, you seem to think he just pops in to see how they're getting along, he's integrally involved in the whole thing.

How much time did he spend at Tesla week Freakbro? Could you give me a break down of his diary?

Wait.....

He is one of the SpaceX guys, you seem to think he just pops in to see how they're getting along, he's integrally involved in the whole thing.

@Freakbro doesn't have to, you could do it for us.

Yeah, the Speakers Corner bunch has just resorted to trolling. Mean while Elon launched the biggest rocket ever made and is meme'ing on the social media platform he bought.

Sure, because repeatedly saying someone is not doing something , except for the instances they are doing said thing, isn't trolling in the slightest.. (I mean it might not be trolling - Hanlon's Razor and all that....).

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen
@EdKrassen

·
4h

The attacks on Alyssa Milano are out of line. She brought up a concern I think a lot of celebrities have. Celebrities on Twitter are left with 3 choices right now: 1) Pay the $8.00. 2) Cancel their Twitter Account. 3) Know that some of their fans will be misled

https://twitter.com/elonmusk
@elonmusk

·
34m

We’ve started a “save-a-celebrity fund” to pay their $8. We take this matter very seriously.

:D

@EdKrassen

·
4h

The attacks on Alyssa Milano are out of line. She brought up a concern I think a lot of celebrities have. Celebrities on Twitter are left with 3 choices right now: 1) Pay the $8.00. 2) Cancel their Twitter Account. 3) Know that some of their fans will be misled

@elonmusk

·
34m

We’ve started a “save-a-celebrity fund” to pay their $8. We take this matter very seriously.

Ugh the Krassenstein grifters, thought they got yeeted from the platform years ago, guess they got unbanned along with all the other accounts a few months back.

Last edited:
@EdKrassen

·
4h

@elonmusk

·
34m

That is exactly the reason Twitter started the original blue checks.

As I've said repeatedly it was never a vanity thing for the celebs, it was a legal cover for Twitter which is primary reason you had to be "notable" in your field, because generally "notable" means known well enough to be a valuable target for impersonation or fraud.

Some of the authors and actors I follow routinely, even before Musk destroyed the blue tick had to put out reminders that only their verified account was real, often a warning/reminder after yet another fake account popped up asking for fans to send things (ranging from money, to goods, to intimate images and videos), or because the fake accounts were being used to promote things like doge coin.

Musk may be in for some legal fun times, as the imposters isn't even something unknown, but he specifically did away with the protections that were put in place (so he can't argue it was unexpected or not something Twitter had ever faced before) and he's going to have to justify that to a jury.

With the destruction of Twitters human moderation teams the risks of unchecked (pardon the unintention pun) imposters is higher now than it's ever been given there is now exactly zero way in the official twitter clients to tell if someone is actually a real person or a bot with a one use credit card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom