The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that 1960s NASA was not only able to build the most powerful functioning rocket the world has ever seen, but also keep building new ones for six straight years, with no loss of crew or payload over 13 flights.

NASA's rocket was also single use, you do realise SpaceX is building reusable rockets? That's rather challenging.

Also the budget for the Apollo Project was rather high. Starships budget is between $2-3bn.

The United States spent $25.8 billion on Project Apollo between 1960 and 1973, or approximately $257 billion when adjusted for inflation to 2020 dollars

So Starship is 100x cheaper, reusable, and bigger.

Last edited:
NASA's rocket was also single use, you do realise SpaceX is building reusable rockets? That's rather challenging.

Also the budget for the Apollo Project was rather high. Starships budget is between $2-3bn.

So Starship is 100x cheaper, reusable, and bigger.

How do you reuse something that blew up ? They gonna reuse it as tinfoil or something ?

I don't think you know what the word isn't means.

The simp mind in all it's glory

"He isn't doing it"

"Well, he's only doing it a little"

"I don't care he's doing it"

All in one post, very impressive! :cry:

Musk isn't giving out free subs. Shatner, James and King he has done. Does that sound like a policy, similar to the largest 10k company accounts? No.

The only people that seems to have their panties in a twist about Musk paying for 3 individual accounts is some of you. Literally, who gives a ****

Last edited:
Originally? So the 2nd of this month where I quote the report of the report and decided to interpret it as not just organisations but people too?

Then the 10th of this month I specified a person and talked about it with you because I see no difference, none at all, between a large Twitter account run by an organisation and one run by someone with a huge personal brand.

I've not changed tack at all.

Then on the supposed last day of the old blue ticks lets start it by giving a sub to... LeBron James who clearly said no to subbing and Stephen King who stated that Twitter should be paying him to be there.

Early days, I expect this to head right back to giving major users special status but this time with direct interference from the owner who decides if they deserve it.

What percentage of individual accounts is Musk paying for? James, King and Shatner. How many have lost blue ticks compared to Musk paying for a few. That isn't policy. The report started 10k largest companies. Just because you started to include individual accounts doesn't mean anything. We have evidence that it didn't apply to individuals based on the fact the blue ticks are being removed at a high rate. Like you don't really have a point to any of it do you? Unless you're going to keep arguing the Musk paying for 3 accounts is some sort of policy similar to the largest 10k organisations.

is paying for 3 subs Twitter policy? Are some of you dense or just obtuse. Seriously, how hard is it to understand.
Is Twitter owned by Musk?
Does Musk set policy for twitter?
Is Musk's policy with the blue ticks continually backfiring on him? (we're now at regressed version 0.6alpha* or something given the various u-turns and changes)
Is Musk getting told by the high profile accounts they refuse to pay for his vanity project?
Is Musk now exempting an untold number of those accounts from paying to have a tick in a manner that very misleadingly indicates the account holder is paying for it? (even when the account holder has refused the offer after they've been contacted on behalf of Musk)

The answer to all those is yes.

That means that it is by default a Twitter Policy as it's Musk who on his own is setting and deciding on those policies.
The difference is that it's not an open and public policy, it's one that is meant to either at best try and hide his embarrassment at how few of the big names are willing to endorse his policies, at worst it's a deliberate attempt to mislead the public into believing those accounts are endorsing his policy when many of the account holders have previously stated they do not.

I honestly wonder if he even considered the potential issues he's opening up for himself, given how much an endorsement by the likes of Lebron James or Stephen King is normally worth. I've seen a few American lawyers suggest he is treading on thin ice given how the statement that now accompanies a blue tick states the account has paid for it not even that it's a "gifted" sub (and that there is apparently zero way to refuse such a "gift", nor was it made public that you could get given such a "gift").

The really stupid thing about all these tick schemes of Musk's is that a lot of people, including some of those high profile accounts were willing to pay for additional services from Twitter previously (and many did indeed pay for third party apps/services that did things Twitter's default app did not).
The reason they're so dead against paying now is because there is less than nothing in it for them, the blue tick is utterly worthless and Musk continues to demonstrate a complete lack of awareness of both why those accounts used to be varified and how fortunate Twitter was to get so many very high profile people on their service working for free to pull in people to see the adverts.
A lot of people joined/used twitter primarily to keep an eye on things like local news, local weather reports, and their favourite creators etc with a chance to sometimes give feedback, Musk has utterly gutted many of the reasons that a lot of Twitters user base opened the app on a regular basis as things like local weather services and emergency services in the US now have their content utterly buried by paid for dross (and no way to tell if you're actually looking at the feed of your local police/fbi/fire department or some scammer, as the scammer is now more likely to be promoted than the actual real account).

*I suspect version 2.0 will be like the original 1.0 blue tick, but with a new colour and symbol once the court cases start coming in from people and companies that have been impersonated by the current paid for ticks.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Speakers Corner bunch...
As you've posted ~520 times in SC, wouldn't you be part of this "bunch"?

hmmm-thinking.gif

p.s - Just for reference, i've posted twice, over three years ago...

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Is Twitter owned by Musk?
Does Musk set policy for twitter?
Is Musk's policy with the blue ticks continually backfiring on him? (we're now at regressed version 0.6alpha* or something given the various u-turns and changes)
Is Musk getting told by the high profile accounts they refuse to pay for his vanity project?
Is Musk now exempting an untold number of those accounts from paying to have a tick in a manner that very misleadingly indicates the account holder is paying for it? (even when the account holder has refused the offer after they've been contacted on behalf of Musk)

Are honestly trying to claim that Musk paying for 3 individual accounts is the same as the largest 10k companies getting free ticks? That is what Hotwired was claiming, i believe.
Like how is this contentious though? To claim that that there are two different policies treating individual accounts and business accounts differently.
The evidence is there with the indiviual account policy.
Go to the the individual accounts, they don't have ticks.

Last edited:
Are honestly trying to claim that Musk paying for 3 individual accounts is the same as the largest 10k companies getting free ticks? That is what Hotwired was claiming, i believe. Like how is that contentious though?
To claim that that there are two different policies treating individual accounts and business accounts differently.
3 accounts that we know of, and that have come out to say that they refused to pay.

And yes.
When you very deliberately put yourself forward as the only public face of a company and make all the decisions in running the company (no matter how disastrous they are), then when you start to do stuff like pay for the accounts of the highest profile accounts that have refused to play along with your nonsense, it is defacto company polcy.

Remember Twitter no longer has a PR department, it barely has a legal department*, it's content moderation and decision making groups have been utterly gutted and people who have attempted to advice Musk to not make very obvious mistakes have been openly mocked and fired.
At this point Musk is effectively Twitter's policy making department, and Musk's whims are twitter policy (especially when Twitter employees are being used to do it, and it's not something anyone else could authorise or do).

*Certainly it doesn't appear to have one in Germany that the German government could get a response from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom