The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Blue responses now being pushed to the top of every twitter thread, and with approximately 95% of Blue subscribers being the absolute weirdest and worst people the internet has to offer, twitter is immediately much less enjoyable.

Like, it's actually ruining my fun. I've always quite enjoyed it previously.

Ahh this is where the confusion is then. When you originally brought up the leak, i didn't know the finer details of it. I assumed you knew what the details where, considering you're the one that has been mentioning it so much, you should know the details of it.

And that's why you left out the other bit of my post. You cut it after 'horse****'

The reason you cut it is because you know very well you misunderstood the original leak. You didn't know there was two different policies for different accounts happening. You thought it was the largest accounts including celebrities. But since the ticks are disappearing from the celebrity accounts, you're trying to mix the whole thing together.

Amazing, three weeks of the leak being posted while you post in the thread, even while YOU REPLIED and you say you're ignorant.

You can consult your imagination all you like, I have been consistent in presenting my view on large accounts value to twitter, you have flip flopped on your own words in hours :)

I expect the deafening sound of crickets in the evening to be the only reply there will ever be to this:

I have my speculation going back weeks now and I'm perfectly happy with how it has stood up. You have played defence and the record of wanting Elon to go through with it on repeat.

How does it match with your view of how it was going to work out to have the 20th come and go and understand that that 10,503 accounts are getting free checkmarks, if as you say, it's now policy.

Still can't see anyone but you saying it's policy but I'll trust you.

Also, didn't take long for me to cash in this one:

Lets do more predictions, he will remove the false endorsement information on subs he's paying for and will do more. Inching ever closer to what an old blue tick was.

Last edited:
Amazing, three weeks of the leak being posted while you post in the thread, even while YOU REPLIED and you say you're ignorant.

You can consult your imagination all you like, I have been consistent in presenting my view on large accounts value to twitter, you have flip flopped on your own words in hours :)

I expect the deafening sound of crickets in the evening to be the only reply there will ever be to this:

Still can't see anyone but you saying it's policy but I'll trust you.

Also, didn't take long for me to cash in this one:

You're just going round and round i swear.

I was replying to you when you quoted me, i assumed you knew what the leak was. Only after typing it into google did i really know what it was about.

Considering all the organisations seems to have gold ticks next to them, including the NY Times now, and we have like no celebs with ticks, it seems safe to assume that the leak was correct regarding the top 10k org accounts getting a free ticks.

Errr...

We talked about this earlier, there was a leak that 10,000 large accounts are going to have their subscription "paid for"/free.

Now we see evidence that this leak was based in fact.

I don't think all 10,000 of them are going to volunteer the fact they're one of the chosen, maybe it even gets withdrawn if they complain about it.

This is the first post where you quoted me. It's not the 10k largest accounts, because that includes celebs.

It's seems pretty evident that it's Twitter policy that the top 10k orgs get free ticks, but not celebs.

And it makes some sense too, it keeps official info from companies flowing throughout the platform. Celeb info and tweeting is not really official, it's self-promotion essientially.

You can't mock people for their blue status, it's hateful :cry:

Funnily enough, i reported someone the other day for that type of behaviour. :cry:

Someone i follow, he has around 8k followers, started the account the past 12 months, but he puts out good financial and macro stuff. He commented on a thread talking about blue ticks, he posted that he'd paid because it gave his account a level of professionalism. The comments towards him were ridiculous, literally bullying, they had no idea who he was or anything, just standard mob tactics.

Last edited:
It's seems pretty evident that it's Twitter policy that the top 10k orgs get free ticks, but not celebs.

And it makes some sense too, it keeps official info from companies flowing throughout the platform. Celeb info and tweeting is not really official, it's self-promotion essientially.

It seems you need to own your speculation and not fob me off with implied facts.

Let me show you what your sense looks like in action

What is the account status of each and what does each tweet :)

Kanye West obliterated his net worth by tweeting. Stopped being a billionaire on the spot. How is such a thing possible as a consequence from an individual account :eek:

A celebrity is the representative for their own business and brand. It is a mockery to pretend they are not just another business.

Musk calls himself a free speech absolutist, but didn't he remove a bunch of Tweets that were critical of him/Twitter, and doesn't he also automatically change some words/phrases, for the "lulz"?

I guess it has to be the right kind of free speech, the kind that doesn't upset him, personally.

No he doesn't call himself a free speech absolutist. You just assumed that then accused him of hypocrisy. BBC journalism again.

Looks like Musk has given the Blue Check back to accounts with over 1m followers. Absolutely no one saw something like this coming.

He must have been throwing a tantrum about all the big celebs not buying it and the block the blue stuff trending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom