The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think your own bias is having a far greater effect here tbh..

Is this where we have to resort to "no, your mum" style answers? I gave a response clarifying my confusion with your post. It's ok to say sometimes "my words were a bit stronger than I really meant".

Like I say, if you said the comments were plausible I would agree with you. But that isn't what started this Dowie-hole.

Caporegime
And you're suggesting, based on two videos that offer very little credibility, that two employees in one or two offices out of ~7,500 employees spread across 36 offices in 22 countries represents a global business in it's entirety

No that isn’t what I’ve claimed.

What isn’t credible about the videos? You’re making an assertion there without really providing an explanation, they still said those things regardless of what you feel about the org that taped them.

Soldato
No that isn’t what I’ve claimed.

What isn’t credible about the videos? You’re making an assertion there without really providing an explanation, they still said those things regardless of what you feel about the org that taped them.

Given it's Project Veritas and their past, which i'm unsure why your dismissing, then it's highly likely it's all been massaged to fit their narrative and the answers could easily be out of context.
Either way, this merry-go-around is boring so we'll leave it there....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is this where we have to resort to "no, your mum" style answers? I gave a response clarifying my confusion with your post. It's ok to say sometimes "my words were a bit stronger than I really meant".

Like I say, if you said the comments were plausible I would agree with you. But that isn't what started this Dowie-hole.

No I just disagree with your take that’s all and I think you assigning that sort of weight to tail end views that you’d compare to flat earthers is indicative of your own bias. I’m not sure how replying to your accusation of confirmation bias on my part by pointing that out is equivalent to “no, your mum” but you seem to have conflated disagreement with insults and now resorted to ad hominem.

—————————————————

On a general point not just in response to the above it is interesting to see the amount of cope and attempts to downplay these issues with Twitter, it’s clearly rattled people within the org and in the media and that’s filtered through into talking points/opinions for many people.

Soldato
No I just disagree with your take that’s all and I think you assigning that sort of weight to tail end views that you’d compare to flat earthers is indicative of your own bias. I’m not sure how replying to your accusation of confirmation bias on my part by pointing that out is equivalent to “no, your mum” but you seem to have conflated disagreement with insults and now resorted to ad hominem

I had a long answer then I watched the videos you've linked and it's all a non-story. Twitter restricts misinformation? Yeah, obviously. Twitter doesn't make money? Yeah obviously. Twitter has a woke ideology? No, that's not what they said and is just misreporting.

Caporegime
I had a long answer then I watched the videos you've linked and it's all a non-story. Twitter restricts misinformation? Yeah, obviously. Twitter doesn't make money? Yeah obviously. Twitter has a woke ideology? No, that's not what they said and is just misreporting.

Wait, so you were making statements about bias, comparisons with flat earthers etc.. and you hadn’t even watched the videos being commented on?

And now you’ve watched it you think it’s a non story because what they’ve said seems accurate? I mean I’m glad we’re now accepting that this isn’t comparable to some out there conspiracy however I guess we disagree over whether some of what they’re taking about is a problem and/or should be addressed.

Soldato
79762-A06-CF06-44-C2-A791-2767842-ABE8-F.jpg

Caporegime
True but the people they spoke to are senior people in the company holding positions of responsibility there not directing calls from a call centre.

They're not really senior. One guy is a software engineer (Twitter will have hundreds of them, if not a thousand) and the other is a lead client partner (a very common sales team position).

While they do have skilled roles, these are not significant people making important decisions. They're not even middle management, they're just cogs in the machine. Their opinions are irrelevant.

Man of Honour
They're not really senior. One guy is a software engineer (Twitter will have hundreds of them, if not a thousand) and the other is a lead client partner (a very common sales team position).

While they do have skilled roles, these are not significant people making important decisions. They're not even middle management, they're just cogs in the machine. Their opinions are irrelevant.

Seems a lot of job titles these days infer a level of seniority which isn't the reality - I was dealing with a company the other day where 70% of the staff in the transport department had manager in their job title but none were actually management level...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Common thing with title inflation, see banks where everyone is a “Vice President” so long as they’re late 20s or older.

They don’t necessarily need to be senior to spill the beans so to speak, it’s not like they’re saying that has come out of left field either.

Associate
I believe what Musk does is for humankind. His personality and actions are transparent.

Alternatively he is a supervillain who is investing in the long the term future to eventually wrestle control of humanity.

Soldato
See the post I was literally quoting (and which in turn had quoted me) when you decided to go off on one about this in the first place.

Ok, so wasn't me, that explains that.

I still don't know what you thought the piece you linked to was proving but there is no way I'm going down that hole with you. This one was painful enough, which as a reminder actually started when I just asked what comparison you were referring to and even now I've reread what you wrote and once again don't understand the point you're making (I don't think it's number of interviews divided by total twitter employees which is what you said previously).

Caporegime
Ok, so wasn't me, that explains that.

I still don't know what you thought the piece you linked to was proving but there is no way I'm going down that hole with you. This one was painful enough, which as a reminder actually started when I just asked what comparison you were referring to and even now I've reread what you wrote and once again don't understand the point you're making (I don't think it's number of interviews divided by total twitter employees which is what you said previously).

You don’t think that what I said I was referring to is what I was referring to? I mean I can’t really help you there in that case…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom