The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell for the new twitter blue you need no ID what so ever the criteria are a simple:

Probably why they are no longer calling it verified as nothing is verified it is simply a vanity tick after your name, where META are at least still verifying something! But hey ho you keep digging and posting nonsense :)

I was looking at the old one it seems.

I posted one bit of bad information, because of a Google search. Calm yourself.

I was looking at the old one it seems.

I posted one bit of bad information, because of a Google search. Calm yourself.
LOL, anyone with even a passing interest in the latest twitter meltdown knows that the ID check had been dropped hence the service being awash with fake accounts sporting blue ticks. I don't even use the site and I knew that, if you are going to advocate for someone a little fact check doesn't hurt.

The type for what Tony? Far worse as in?

This is actually how utterly deranged people in this thread are. I think you've all been brain washed by whatever the **** it is you spend your time reading online. Elon Musk is a guy who is building rockets and electric cars, both of which not many other people are doing, he should be praised for the incredible work he's doing, yet instead we have cretins suggesting he must be looking at presumably abusive images or something because he jokes around on twitter.

Ironically Bill Gates who was mates with Jeffrey Epstein, and who's wife seemingly left him over this, gets nothing but praise. Complete clown show.

You sound like the loons on The Donald. Lots of people were mates with Epstein, your favourite president was great mates with him. At least Gates has spent a lot of money on projects like vaccinating the girls in poor communities against HPV and so dramatically lowering their future cervical cancer risk.

LOL, anyone with even a passing interest in the latest twitter meltdown knows that the ID check had been dropped hence the service being awash with fake accounts sporting blue ticks. I don't even use the site and I knew that, if you are going to advocate for someone a little fact check doesn't hurt.

Not everyone, obviously.

The head up *** problem is that the subscription was intended to completely steal the status of being a verified account so it looks identical.

Subscribers need a totally different mark. Maybe that emoji that press@twitter responds with. As long as it's clear that it's just some pleb paying for perks and not an account of any importance.

Mentioned this in the SpaceX thread but there doesn't appear to any official word from the FAA regarding the suspension of SpaceX's licence and most outlets appear to reference David's (now deleted) tweet as source.

Although i'm on the fence regarding Twitter supposedly removing his tweet - certainly naughty if true but then, if it's misinformation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned this in the SpaceX thread but there doesn't appear to any official word from the FAA regarding the suspension of SpaceX's licence and most outlets appear to reference David's (now deleted) tweet as source.

Although i'm on the fence regarding Twitter supposedly removing his tweet - certainly naughty if true but then, if it's misinformation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plenty of misinformation from decidedly authoritarian regimes with zero freedoms is allowed.

Last edited:
Biden is a President in name only, he shows up and reads a speech or some lines he's memorised in response to pre agreed questions. Of course he won't debate, he doesn't even take questions.

Well Trump thinks the election in 2024 is in fact 2020. And he's reading from an autocue but still doesn't know the year. And that isn't the most deranged thing he saying in this rambling nonsense. But he is your man.

Here's your big opportunity guys..
Go rage directly in a thread, he's asked you specifically what the problem you have with him is..

Ed Krassenstein

@EdKrassen
One thing I've had a hard time understanding is how and why so many people on the left have gone from respecting Elon Musk to seemingly hating him over the course of just 2 years. Hear me out please and provide your thoughts below... Musk definitely has some conservative views, and he most definitely has said some controversial and inappropriate things, but we must remember that Elon is also a huge proponent of what many Democrats have been pushing so hard for when it comes to climate change and the environment (example: see clip from a TED interview below). Tesla and Space X have so much potential for the planet and for humanity, as do Elon's concerns and visions of the future. Elon has his own beliefs, just like we all do. And just like I disagree whole-heartedly with so many opinions that my Republican friends' have, that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them and I can't share my thoughts with them. When we work together on finding common ground, and on discussing opinions and facts, that's when we as a people make progress. Isn't that what most of those on the left want? This doesn't mean we should stop calling out misinformation or begin accepting conspiracy theories as facts. It merely means working with humanity to make the human experience better and freer for us all.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk
@elonmusk

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the kind words. I almost never encounter negativity in gatherings where I can engage in dialogue with people. When I do encounter some negativity, it’s rare that they can point to anything specific, apart from “bad press”. Perhaps this comment thread can shed more light.

so many people on the left
Isn't that what most of those on the left want

There's a big assumption here that the guy makes.

Why is it that he puts it just on the left? What about us on the right that think has shown himself to be an idiot in the last year?

He should also ask, why is that so many on the right are begging for Elon's attention and want to show him how much they now want to lick his back side? What's changed that Maggie decided Elon is now an ally?

That guy just wants to simplify it down to "the left are big mean people" when in fact, it's all sides that have recently discovered how much of a plonker Elon is.

Go rage directly in a thread, he's asked you specifically what the problem you have with him is..

Ed Krassenstein
@EdKrassen
One thing I've had a hard time understanding is how and why so many people on the left have gone from respecting Elon Musk to seemingly hating him over the course of just 2 years. Hear me out please and provide your thoughts below... Musk definitely has some conservative views, and he most definitely has said some controversial and inappropriate things, but we must remember that Elon is also a huge proponent of what many Democrats have been pushing so hard for when it comes to climate change and the environment (example: see clip from a TED interview below). Tesla and Space X have so much potential for the planet and for humanity, as do Elon's concerns and visions of the future. Elon has his own beliefs, just like we all do. And just like I disagree whole-heartedly with so many opinions that my Republican friends' have, that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them and I can't share my thoughts with them. When we work together on finding common ground, and on discussing opinions and facts, that's when we as a people make progress. Isn't that what most of those on the left want? This doesn't mean we should stop calling out misinformation or begin accepting conspiracy theories as facts. It merely means working with humanity to make the human experience better and freer for us all.

@elonmusk

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the kind words. I almost never encounter negativity in gatherings where I can engage in dialogue with people. When I do encounter some negativity, it’s rare that they can point to anything specific, apart from “bad press”. Perhaps this comment thread can shed more light.

This thread is overwhelmingly about trash Twitter changes.

There's a bunch of people who want to distract from that and this is another one of those distractions.

It's an american mental illness to obsess over how "left" or "conservative" something is.

Ed Krassenstein
@EdKrassen

@elonmusk

There are no shortage of people on the right calling Musk out as well. If Musk wants to engage he should do more interviews with proper journalists, not some local BBC one or Tucker who's job was to lie, cause outrage and push his post truth agenda. There are plenty of good journalists who will hold power to account, ask the difficult questions and not let the interviewee off the hook. .

Last edited:
There are no shortage of people on the right calling Musk out as well. If Musk wants to engage he should do more interviews with proper journalists, not some local BBC one or Tucker who's job was to lie, cause outrage and push his post truth agenda. There are plenty of good journalists who will hold power to account, ask the difficult questions and not let the interviewee off the hook. .

Was Musk Tuckers last big interview before getting the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom