The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no shortage of people on the right calling Musk out as well. If Musk wants to engage he should do more interviews with proper journalists, not some local BBC one or Tucker who's job was to lie, cause outrage and push his post truth agenda. There are plenty of good journalists who will hold power to account, ask the difficult questions and not let the interviewee off the hook. .

The interviewer will never be good enough for you, no true Scotsman falacy.

Last edited:
Here's your big opportunity guys..
Go rage directly in a thread, he's asked you specifically what the problem you have with him is..

Ed Krassenstein
@EdKrassen
One thing I've had a hard time understanding is how and why so many people on the left have gone from respecting Elon Musk to seemingly hating him over the course of just 2 years. Hear me out please and provide your thoughts below... Musk definitely has some conservative views, and he most definitely has said some controversial and inappropriate things, but we must remember that Elon is also a huge proponent of what many Democrats have been pushing so hard for when it comes to climate change and the environment (example: see clip from a TED interview below). Tesla and Space X have so much potential for the planet and for humanity, as do Elon's concerns and visions of the future. Elon has his own beliefs, just like we all do. And just like I disagree whole-heartedly with so many opinions that my Republican friends' have, that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them and I can't share my thoughts with them. When we work together on finding common ground, and on discussing opinions and facts, that's when we as a people make progress. Isn't that what most of those on the left want? This doesn't mean we should stop calling out misinformation or begin accepting conspiracy theories as facts. It merely means working with humanity to make the human experience better and freer for us all.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk
@elonmusk

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the kind words. I almost never encounter negativity in gatherings where I can engage in dialogue with people. When I do encounter some negativity, it’s rare that they can point to anything specific, apart from “bad press”. Perhaps this comment thread can shed more light.

Looks like Ed has some blinkers on.

Musk has quite obviously gone off the deep end with right wing nonsense.

Whatever happened to " I don't believe in your opinion but I respect your right to express it".

Now it's just the rabid left saying believe as we believe or your a fascist.

These same people don't bat an eyelid when "minor attracted people" start unveiling flags and want recognition or when institutions in Netherlands allow children upto 12 years old to commit suicide.

Wake up, people are realising the ones in control want to peddle us this ********.

Im glad Elon musk has a platform where he welcomes all sorts of views, the main stream media just parrot each other and jerk each other off.

These same people don't bat an eyelid "when institutions in Netherlands allow children upto 12 years old to commit suicide.
It allows parents and with a doctor's sign off, whose children are "incurably ill children, who are suffering hopelessly and unbearably and will die" to be euthanised

That is expected to affect 5-10 children per year.

I don't see any issue with that. Why as a parent would you want to see your child suffer to an agonizing end?

It's not some suicide booth that a 12 year old kid can just go to and kill themselves!

Last edited:
Whatever happened to " I don't believe in your opinion but I respect your right to express it
Tell that to desentis and his hard on for stopping Disney from expressing lgbt positive views.

Also, tell that to teachers who have just had their books removed.

The right love to cry like babies that they are being oppressed, and then they tell women what they can do with their bodies, remove books that scare them, force 12 year old rape victims to marry their rapist.

These same people don't bat an eyelid when "minor attracted people" start unveiling flags and want recognition or when institutions in Netherlands allow children upto 12 years old to commit suicide.

Why the faux concern for children? In conservative America, a child might end up being shot and killed before they reach 12 anyway, have no free school meals, and might bankrupt their parents if they have any sort of serious illness because of no universal healthcare.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to " I don't believe in your opinion but I respect your right to express it".

Now it's just the rabid left saying believe as we believe or your a fascist.

Wake up, people are realising the ones in control want to peddle us this ********.

Im glad Elon musk has a platform where he welcomes all sorts of views, the main stream media just parrot each other and jerk each other off.

I seem to remember you arguing for the forced indoctrination of young children in schools to one form of sky fairy or another.

Trust you to use some hyperbolic headline that has nothing to do with actual reality. That the people of the Netherlands are compassionate enough not to force their children to suffer the final stages of a painful death should be commended. I wish we had the same option in the UK. Forcing anyone but especially children to suffer to satisfy the "morals" of the superstitious is unforgivable imo.

Last edited:
I seem to remember you arguing for the forced indoctrination of young children in schools to one form of sky fairy or another.

Trust you to use some hyperbolic headline that has nothing to do with actual reality. That the people of the Netherlands are compassionate enough not to force their children to suffer the final stages of a painful death should be commended. I wish we had the same option in the UK. Forcing anyone but especially children to suffer to satisfy the "morals" of the superstitious is unforgivable imo.

Im using "mentally ill" now instead of superstitious for religious people.

if it is mentally ill to believe you are/should identify as an alternative gender, according to the right, then I'd say you are equally as ill if you believe in fairy stories and a magical man that you can pray to.

Last edited:

I always view it as an animal owner over the years to give them the best life I can, and then at the end of it to not prolong suffering when its clear that their standard of life has deteriorated to a point that they are in pain and just waiting for the inevitable.

If only we could do the same as easily for ourselves / those we love.

Im using "mentally ill" now instead of superstitious for religious people.

if it is mentally ill to believe you are/should identify as an alternative gender, according to the right, then I'd say you are equally as ill if you believe in fairy stories and a magical man that you can pray to.

Walk into a Luton Mosque and suggest this, and for posterity video the reaction you receive ;)

I always view it as an animal owner over the years to give them the best life I can, and then at the end of it to not prolong suffering when its clear that their standard of life has deteriorated to a point that they are in pain and just waiting for the inevitable.

If only we could do the same as easily for ourselves / those we love.

Yep. If I had the option to ease the suffering of 2 of my grandparents towards the end and my mum in her final weeks I would have. They pretty much starved to death, utterly brutal and lacking any dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom