The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly Musk has a sock Twitter account where he pretends to be a child/his child; highly likely to be fake but as it's Musk, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true...funny either way :cry:

I thought this was some faked bs and wasn't planning on spending a second on it.

But I guess I'll put some faith in The Independent covering it...

No, but verified creators are doing the same stuff.

You can't honestly be arguing with a straight face that paid verification on Instagram is fine but paid verification on Twitter isn't. Like...seriously? It's the same ******* thing. :cry:

They are a tiny percentage of the userbase. He wants everyone paying $8. So again he clearly didn't understand his userbase, Twitter users aren't FB users or Instagram users, they are different.

They are completely different markets. Who is even using FB these days? I only still have my account purely for messenger and so I can easily get in touch with old friends I don't have in my phone. I don't even look at many groups anymore. Never been an Instagram user, I have an account but it bores me.

A big part of why its different is Elon, he is in people's face, he came in and decided to be a disruptor, he said stupid ****, he purposefully got people's back up as he thinks its fun. He made calamitous decisions which a 12 year old could have told him would be a disaster and then had to back track when it all went **** up. It is like he doesn't know Twitter even though he seems to spend most of the day on it.

Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it still isn't the most two used social media sites in the world.

They are a tiny percentage of the userbase. He wants everyone paying $8. So again he clearly didn't understand his userbase, Twitter users aren't FB users or Instagram users, they are different.

So because they're 'different' then it's OK for one to charge and not the other?

Has meta removed old ticks? Are they charging actors etc, irs quite hard to find anything.

Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it still isn't the most two used social media sites in the world.

So because they're 'different' then it's OK for one to charge and not the other?

Has meta removed old ticks? Are they charging actors etc, irs quite hard to find anything.
I think the difference is facebook are going to use government ID still as verification so you can't just pay for a blue tick for any account and easily impersonate anyone, this is were twitter went wrong for me they lost the entire reason for the twitter verified program in the first place and reduced it to a paid for tick that no longer proved anything other than you had coughed up a few quid. Facebook are saying the verification process costs us money (and you likely make money from being verified) so we are going to charge you to cover that sort of, they are also offering a few addons but nothing much for something that is going to cost more than a years netflix! I don't think either company is going to benefit long term but Facebooks approach is better, the thing that made both platforms so popular is that they were free and if this is a slippery slope towards a subscription service they will suffer.

The type for what Tony? Far worse as in?

This is actually how utterly deranged people in this thread are. I think you've all been brain washed by whatever the **** it is you spend your time reading online. Elon Musk is a guy who is building rockets and electric cars, both of which not many other people are doing, he should be praised for the incredible work he's doing, yet instead we have cretins suggesting he must be looking at presumably abusive images or something because he jokes around on twitter.

Ironically Bill Gates who was mates with Jeffrey Epstein, and who's wife seemingly left him over this, gets nothing but praise. Complete clown show.
And Jimmy Saville was doing great things (in public) by making kids dreams come true too.

@Scobleizer

I just realized if
@elonmusk
wants TruthGPT then he will have to build the best AI validator.
Then I realized Twitter is the best validator of all. Think about it. GPT spits out a list of facts. How would you best validate?
A Twitter Space. Talking with other humans. That could be quickly ingested and add on meta data to the topic at hand.
Let’s say we were discussing plug-ins. Couldn’t the humans figure out whether there is some ******** being generated? Yup.
Feed that audio into an LLM and the world’s best validator will be born. Add Tesla data and it will answer questions no one else can.

“I see a fire on The Golden Gate Bridge. Can you tell me what is burning?”

Freshly validated every 10 seconds as another Tesla drives by with its computer vision system running.
Then someone Tweets a video. Validated again.
Every business and every human will want a validator.

It's literally the same thing
Is it? Does Twitter Blue require government ID and a selfie video for verification like Meta?

Applies to Instagram and FB paid for services then?
It is bizarre how Meta's version is the exact same thing but nobody thinks it's a problem.
No, some of us do have a problem with it although at least Meta verify accounts. But let's be honest, Meta Verified only launched within the last month or so as a response to Musk's Twitter Blue and we all knew other platforms would jump on it because....money.

The type for what Tony? Far worse as in?
What about the adult parties @Roar87? They seem a bit messed up if you read about them...

Last edited:
I think the difference is facebook are going to use government ID still as verification so you can't just pay for a blue tick for any account and easily impersonate anyone, this is were twitter went wrong for me they lost the entire reason for the twitter verified program in the first place and reduced it to a paid for tick that no longer proved anything other than you had coughed up a few quid. Facebook are saying the verification process costs us money (and you likely make money from being verified) so we are going to charge you to cover that sort of, they are also offering a few addons but nothing much for something that is going to cost more than a years netflix! I don't think either company is going to benefit long term but Facebooks approach is better, the thing that made both platforms so popular is that they were free and if this is a slippery slope towards a subscription service they will suffer.

Twitter needs I'd verification, though it can also be a website or official email address.

Twitter also doesn't allow verified paradoy accounts.

There doesn't really seem to be any differences?

Why don't you tell us about them? What kind of a ****** post is it to just drop some random factoid and then expect someone else to do the digging. If you have something of substance to post then do it.
You seem angry Roar, you all right?

But here's some articles for your to peruse -
Depp Vs. Heard / Pt. 3 - The Sex Parties (Main article)
Amber Heard Organised S*x Parties With Ample Amount Of ‘MDMA, Alcohol & Intercourse’, Blackmailed Elon Musk Into Paying Her Fee For Defamation Trial Against Johnny Depp?
Amber Heard’s Reported Organised S*x Parties Involved Elon Musk, N*de Women Dangled From Treetops, Hot Young Girls Rubbing Each Other?
'N*de Women Hanging From Trees', Inside Amber Heard's 'Crazy S*x Parties' With Elon Musk
Amber Heard Past Secret Sex Parties With Billionaires Revealed
"Eyes wide shut creepfest": Houseinhabit Substack about alleged Amber Heard parties goes viral

And the TLDR - Billionaires, blindfolds, booze, drugs, naked women, blackmail, satanism, bondage, supposedly all organised by Heard whilst luring young women in to perform for the party-goers. Musk went along for the 'ride', with rumours that he hosted some of these parties at his properties, although perhaps not all by choice.

Amber Heard Organised S*x Parties With Ample Amount Of ‘MDMA, Alcohol & Intercourse’, Blackmailed Elon Musk Into Paying Her Fee For Defamation Trial Against Johnny Depp?
Amber Heard’s Reported Organised S*x Parties Involved Elon Musk, N*de Women Dangled From Treetops, Hot Young Girls Rubbing Each Other?
'N*de Women Hanging From Trees', Inside Amber Heard's 'Crazy S*x Parties' With Elon Musk
"Eyes wide shut creepfest": Houseinhabit Substack about alleged Amber Heard parties goes viral

And the TLDR - Billionaires, blindfolds, booze, drugs, naked women, blackmail, satanism, bondage, supposedly all organised by Heard whilst luring young women in to perform for the party-goers. Musk went along for the 'ride', with rumours that he hosted some of these parties at his properties, although perhaps not all by choice.

Just sounds like the normal antics of a single, high libido, heterosexual billionaire to me, if the sources are to be believed. One would have thought a photo could have been found of Mr. Musk entertaining himself in the company of these bimbos.

I'm sure Elon has gone to adult parties, good on him, but most of this is just rumours and made up tabloid ********.

Twitter needs I'd verification, though it can also be a website or official email address.

Twitter also doesn't allow verified paradoy accounts.

There doesn't really seem to be any differences?
As far as I can tell for the new twitter blue you need no ID what so ever the criteria are a simple:

Probably why they are no longer calling it verified as nothing is verified it is simply a vanity tick after your name, where META are at least still verifying something! But hey ho you keep digging and posting nonsense :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom