The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thinking he does far worse things than troll twitter with a weird second account isn't exactly out there in terms of opinions, i expect most people do worse things than that

I imagine he does get up to far worse behind closed doors he certainly seems the type as he is bad enough in the public areana.

The type for what Tony? Far worse as in?

This is actually how utterly deranged people in this thread are. I think you've all been brain washed by whatever the **** it is you spend your time reading online. Elon Musk is a guy who is building rockets and electric cars, both of which not many other people are doing, he should be praised for the incredible work he's doing, yet instead we have cretins suggesting he must be looking at presumably abusive images or something because he jokes around on twitter.

Ironically Bill Gates who was mates with Jeffrey Epstein, and who's wife seemingly left him over this, gets nothing but praise. Complete clown show.

Last edited:
Elon Musk is a guy who is building rockets and electric cars, both of which not many other people are doing

Just about every car manufacturer are building electric cars for gods sake.

The rocket bit, so what? At least you have stopped the taking people to mars line.

But we arent really talking about that here this is his clusterbust handling of Twitter and his growing insane public image.

Also he isnt building them the company are. Though if he was building them that might answer some questions about QC of Tesla cars and the concrete spewing rockets.

Last edited:
Ah the Blue ticks, the ones that anyone with more than 1/2 wit knew that they were used to help Twitter identify notable people so that users could easily find and follow them to consume their content. The people that were the sites product not it's customer.

Then when the blue tick turned into an Internet STD and no one wanted one, Elon forced it back on most people with 1m followers (pulse optional). Then a whole bunch of people dimmer than a 40w eco bulb claim Elon owned those elites so hard

It literally did become a STD overnight, it was like having internet AIDS. Anyone who had one was getting blocked by huge number of people, it was a bullseye. Former legacy accounts weren't paying the $8 so he had to give it away in the 1000s to try and slow down the blocking. Not sure its helped as it seems lots of blocking is still going on. For a genius his handing of this has been one calamity after another.

Applies to Instagram and FB paid for services then?
It is bizarre how Meta's version is the exact same thing but nobody thinks it's a problem.

They are completely different markets. Who is even using FB these days? I only still have my account purely for messenger and so I can easily get in touch with old friends I don't have in my phone. I don't even look at many groups anymore. Never been an Instagram user, I have an account but it bores me.

A big part of why its different is Elon, he is in people's face, he came in and decided to be a disruptor, he said stupid ****, he purposefully got people's back up as he thinks its fun. He made calamitous decisions which a 12 year old could have told him would be a disaster and then had to back track when it all went **** up. It is like he doesn't know Twitter even though he seems to spend most of the day on it.

They are completely different markets. Who is even using FB these days? I only still have my account purely for messenger and so I can easily get in touch with old friends I don't have in my phone. I don't even look at many groups anymore. Never been an Instagram user, I have an account but it bores me.

Completely different markets? You're having a laugh surely.

A big part of why its different is Elon, he is in people's face, he came in and decided to be a disruptor, he said stupid ****, he purposefully got people's back up as he thinks its fun. He made calamitous decisions which a 12 year old could have told him would be a disaster and then had to back track when it all went **** up. It is like he doesn't know Twitter even though he seems to spend most of the day on it.

Well at least you're honest, that it's personal rather than based on the business policies.

Last edited:
Applies to Instagram and FB paid for services then?
It is bizarre how Meta's version is the exact same thing but nobody thinks it's a problem.

Does this system also boost visibility, preferentially show the posts / replies / comments of the subscribers? I can't see it mentioned on the page you linked.

Completely different markets? You're having a laugh surely.
You think the same people that use different social media are the same? Are the demographics of Snapchat, TikTok, FB, Instagram and Twitter the same? You are having a laugh surely?

Well at least you're honest, that it's personal rather than based on the business policies.

I don't think you understand social media either and especially not Twitter. Twitter is all about interactions. And it was a disastrous business policy. His first attempt where large accounts and businesses were impersonated and their brands disparaged so badly he had to shut it down within 24 hours. Was that a good business policy? We all saw it coming but the genius Twitter addict didn't.

He gets into fights with media companies over their labelling, they leave and he then removes the labelling in the hope they comes back. Was that good business policy?

He removes legacy accounts that were only set up to stop people impersonating them and to show the account is who they say they are and replaces it with a system that doesn't prove anything other than you have a phone and paid $8. The large accounts which are Twitters bread and butter in that they bring the masses to Twitter refused to pay knowing they are the product and so he had to scrap that and give them their legacy accounts back as he'd lost the product as their posts were buried. Was that a good business policy? He doesn't seem to be doing that well so far does he.

All the while he goes out of his way to troll a large % of Twitter users because he thinks its fun, to the point where some leave and the rest will never pay him $8. Was that a good businesses policy? I mean I'm no business mogul but I run my own business and I find its best to keep my clients happy.

All the while he has scared off the advertisers who kept the lights on, even threatening them on his Twitter feed. Was that good businesses policy?

Last edited:
Does this system also boost visibility, preferentially show the posts / replies / comments of the subscribers? I can't see it mentioned on the page you linked.
Hey man Musk at least replies personally with edgelord, giga-centrist comments... the Zucc never does that!

/though to be fair Zucc fairly busy destroying his business as well.

The type for what Tony? Far worse as in?

This is actually how utterly deranged people in this thread are. I think you've all been brain washed by whatever the **** it is you spend your time reading online. Elon Musk is a guy who is building rockets and electric cars, both of which not many other people are doing, he should be praised for the incredible work he's doing, yet instead we have cretins suggesting he must be looking at presumably abusive images or something because he jokes around on twitter.

Ironically Bill Gates who was mates with Jeffrey Epstein, and who's wife seemingly left him over this, gets nothing but praise. Complete clown show.
Who is brainwashing us to hate Musk and why?

Factually reporting what he says and does is unlikely to qualify as brainwashing, so who or what is doing that, and how are they accomplishing this brainwashing?

e: Also one thing that really irritates me is when people accredit the head of an organisation with all the work that organisation does. Elon Musk doesn't build rockets, SpaceX does. There is and should be a distinction.

Last edited:
You know, this is a situation of another public vote that he didn't anticipate the result of.

After he lost the public "ceo" vote he wanted to make votes only votable by subscribers. Pre-filtering in his favour. Also ignoring the result of the lost vote/memeing it off.

Now Tweets are also pre-filtered to prioritise subscribers. Bury the unbelievers.

But the rejection of his scheme, well that's still a public vote. Voted with their wallets and their tweet campaigns and general indifference and the numbers sucked.

Can't blame bots for rigging that vote against him, that's a direct vote from significant accounts and the general Twitter base about what he did.

So will this undeniable rejection change how he approaches trying to monetise Twitter...

With Meta Verified, creators get:

A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID and a selfie video.

More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.

Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.

Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.¹

Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.²

It's literally the same thing

Last edited:
You think the same people that use different social media are the same? Are the demographics of Snapchat, TikTok, FB, Instagram and Twitter the same? You are having a laugh surely?

No, but verified creators are doing the same stuff.

You can't honestly be arguing with a straight face that paid verification on Instagram is fine but paid verification on Twitter isn't. Like...seriously? It's the same ******* thing. :cry:

You know, this is a situation of another public vote that he didn't anticipate the result of.

After he lost the public "ceo" vote he wanted to make votes only votable by subscribers. Pre-filtering in his favour. Also ignoring the result of the lost vote/memeing it off.

Now Tweets are also pre-filtered to prioritise subscribers. Bury the unbelievers.

But the rejection of his scheme, well that's still a public vote. Voted with their wallets and their tweet campaigns and general indifference and the numbers sucked.

Can't blame bots for rigging that vote against him, that's a direct vote from significant accounts and the general Twitter base about what he did.

So will this undeniable rejection change how he approaches trying to monetise Twitter...

I find what is going on with Twitter and his approaches difficult to comprehend - historically I always thought Musk someone relatively switched on and clear eyed about the realities of things but the changes since taking over have been clueless and moronic barely ever looking at what people actually use the platform for and how best to enhance their usage, reach and tools available to them, almost every change seems to result, very obviously so, in directly reducing engagement with the platform, a platform which thrives on engagement and being the go to place for people.

Last edited:
I think it's much easier to comprehend when thinking about the possibility that he's a broken boy that likes breaking things, sure he likes making things as well but there's nothing quite like taking a hammer to your possession you have absolutely no sense of value for. Maybe he's testing the realms of his reality by seeing just how much he can effect it.

Not saying it's inherently bad, probably fairly natural for someone that seems to know what they want and has the fortunate circumstance of being able to achieve most of it but time is still ticking and I doubt he's content with the pace of change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom