The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, large companies refusing to pay the $1,000 a month. I imagine the high API cost is also a factor which means Twitter is no longer available on CRM or Social media management tools now

Well I was curious as to what job he does, if any at all, that gives him the confidence to critique how a hugely successful billionaire runs massive international companies.

Asking someone what they do is a pretty normal part of conversation and few people I have come across have told me to mind my own business. So <shrug>.

Last edited:
It's not pertinent to this conversation and tbh whatever he says you'll state "well you're not a billionaire" and write it off, so I thought I'd try and stop this going off topic, again before it did.

I'd also suggest that your way of asking was not exactly indicating that it was going to be a polite question honestly asked.

Last edited:
It's not pertinent to this conversation and tbh whatever he says you'll state "well you're not a billionaire" and write it off, so I thought I'd try and stop this going off topic, again before it did.

I'd also suggest that your way of asking was not exactly indicating that it was going to be a polite question honestly asked.

Have you adopted Tony or something? ;)

Maybe he could speak for himself he's not usually backward about coming forward now, is he? :)

I thought this was apolitical and you were all just saddened to see Twitter being poorly managed and likely to go bust? You denied it waa anything to do with it seemingly heading more to the right.

Now you are directly saying you don't want it becoming like other successful media because they are right leaning. As I have said all along, your anger is solely that he may be making it a lot less sympathetic to left orientated posters and unsympathetic to right leaning views.

Are you high? How is Tucker apolitical? He is a right wing propagandist and Putin apologist, in fact he spreads propaganda for Putin? We are talking about Tucker Carlson here.

Where have I said Twitter will go bust?

I have clearly said Elon has gone to the right, he told people to vote for Republicans, that is clearly right wing. My main problem with him though is that he says stupid **** with no thought to any consequences and he is getting worse by the day, that has nothing to do with left or right, stupid **** is stupid ****.

Well I was curious as to what job he does, if any at all, that gives him the confidence to critique how a hugely successful billionaire runs massive international companies.

Asking someone what they do is a pretty normal part of conversation and few people I have come across have told me to mind my own business. So <shrug>.

And this in the Bunting thread on Sunday.

I've often wondered, let me ask if I may, what do you actually do for a living Tony? Just curious as you seem to have some odd views on how a country's finances work.

I think there may have been others.

Last edited:
What I was meaning is this argie bargie over his purchase of Twitter was claimed to be apolitical and only due to concern of whether it folds or flourishes. It slowly emerged that the objections are actually totally political, both here and on most other forums where Musk bashing has become a popular sport.

Last edited:
What I was meaning is this argie bargie over his purchase of Twitter was calimed to be apolitical and only due to concern of whether it folds or flourishes. It slowly emerged that the objections are actually totally political, both here and on most other forums where Musk bashing has become a popular sport.

To be fair, Musk is the one that has rampantly become more political of late.

Although "political" might be giving him too much credit. Not sure spreading right-wing conspiracy theories and misinformation should be deemed "political".

To be fair, Musk is the one that has rampantly become more political of late.

Although "political" might be giving him too much credit. Not sure spreading right-wing conspiracy theories and misinformation should be deemed "political".

I was just going to post that. Its not the right that are a problem it is the extreme craziness of the CT alt truth right that is the issue.

Surely if you purchase a company you can run it as you see fit, wthin any pertinent laws? If you wish it to have political, environmental or other leanings that is the right you have just bought yourself? The users and advertisers can then choose whether the medium fits their own agendas and act accordingly. Seems an entirely reasonable way to run a business to me. He's not forcing anyone to use it and holds no monopoly, there are hundreds of places for people to chew the cud.

Last edited:
Surely if you purchase a company you can run it as you sees fit, wthin any pertinent laws? If you wish it to have political, environmental or other leanings that is the right you have just bought yourself? The users and advertisers can then choose whether the medium fits their own agendas and act accordingly. Seems an entirely reasonable way to run a business to me. He's not forcing anyone to use it and holds no monopoly, there are hundreds of places for people to chew the cud.

Im not sure what point you think you are making.

I was just going to post that. Its not the right that are a problem it is the extreme craziness of the CT alt truth right that is the issue.

Well there's a bit of fresh air blowing in, at least now it's admitted it IS a political issue, it's just what sort of right leaning politics should be verboten. Is there any wish for an embargo on left leaning content? That doesn't seem to get mentioned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom