The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's a bit of fresh air blowing in, at least now it's admitted it IS a political issue, it's just what sort of right leaning politics should be verboten. Is there any wish for an embargo on left leaning content? That doesn't seem to get mentioned....

Its the alt truth and then there are the far right. This isnt so much left right it is reality and acceptance vs lies and hatred.

There are many very crazy left wing CTers.

Last edited:
Surely if you purchase a company you can run it as you sees fit, wthin any pertinent laws? If you wish it to have political, environmental or other leanings that is the right you have just bought yourself?

Probably only so far as the people who lent you the money to buy it will permit, should they begin to become nervous that the way you are running the business may result in them losing their money.

Well there's a bit of fresh air blowing in, at least now it's admitted it IS a political issue, it's just what sort of right leaning politics should be verboten. Is there any wish for an embargo on left leaning content? That doesn't seem to get mentioned....

You keep implying that those that disagree with Musk and others like him are left wing despite keep being reminded that there are also right leaning people against this new form of BS right wing CT politics.

Last edited:
You keep implying that those that disagree with Musk and others like him are left wing despite keep being reminded that there are also right leaning people against this new form of BS right wing politics.

All I wanted to do is show that this whole charade for and against Elon Musk is political, thanks for the QED Tony.

All I wanted to do is show that this whole charade for and against Elon Musk is political, thanks for the QED Tony.
Exactly. You've tunnel vision of a false point you're desperate to make, and blind yourself from everything to prove yourself right.

Congratulations.

Why are you making a point about politics when you're not a politician?

Why are you saying people can't comment on twitter, when you're not a professional business analytics?

But most importantly, what you're saying is, those that are critiquing Elon, should shut up because you say so. That's the point you're really making... You don't quote when anyone comes in here like some big tiger and defends twitter, you don't say "hey hold up pal, what job do you do to defend twitter?", but instead you say "hold up, you critique twitter, I've decided because I don't know your profession, you're not allowed to, and I've decided, you're doing it because you're left leaning" ignoring that plenty users, myself included, happily have voted/wanted Conservative their whole life (minus the last 5 minutes of politics we have seen)

Any way, keep telling us that Elon can do what he wants with his company. That was a big realisation you've made that and I'm glad you shared it with the group. Gold star for chrisy

Lets recap.

Skipping the pre takeover stuff.

Musk says he wants twitter to be a free for all townhall whilst ensuring it meets relevant laws.
He then proceeds to basically decimate the ability to do so (probably bar within the US and countries that have zero protection from things like hate speech, fraud etc) by sacking most of those responsible.
He also unbans many that were banned for precisely those reasons, to avoid twitter having issues with content these people post.

Musk fails spectacularly in regards a "not to be fired" employee and mocks him in public.
Later finding out the person was do not fire due to how the purchase of his company was dealt with and that he was technically disabled.

Advertisers run scared when they do not want to be associated with a platform that is seemingly going out of control.
Musk attacks them rather than listening to their concerns.

Musk decides that one of the core functions of the platform, being able to trust the blue tick person is who they say they are should become a paid for service without any actual validation and those previously who had the tick should pay or lose it.
Many with ticks refuse to pay and Musk partially (its unclear how much) reverts to giving some blue ticks back to refusers. But the tick is there and can be purchased by for example someone who wants to pretend to be someone trustworthy in a way that could be used for fraud.

Now I have skipped quite a lot but thats some of the pertinent points. Nothing really political there and what most of us have been mocking.
Its hardly been a successful strategy so far.

In the mean time despite claims to be neutral, musk posts things like "vote republican to create balance".
Thats really the limit of the political from my perspective.

What seems to have happened is that with more right wing loons banned than left wing loons banned the overtly political right claimed this as some vindication that new twitter was impartial.
They seem to be the ones desperate to make it political when the majority don't see it as political, but just keep looking at the "strategy" and laughing. Which seems to be annoying some of them who want it to be political when its not.

Basically as soon as he said he would unban Trump. That derangement syndrome is incredibly strong. A lot of otherwise reasonably intelligent people come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they dislike Elon, but that's really the thing. There's dozens of billionaires that get next to no criticism, Elon is even giving Jeff Bezos a break from the hate brigade.

Last edited:
Basically as soon as he said he would unban Trump. That derangement syndrome is incredibly strong. A lot of otherwise reasonably intelligent people come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they dislike Elon, but that's really the thing. There's dozens of billionaires that get next to no criticism, Elon is even giving Jeff Bezos a break from the hate brigade.

Yes yes Trump derangement syndrome, the affliction suffered by those who STILL don't understand he is a disgusting person.
I mean how much evidence do they need.

Orange man bad amirite?

Well yes actually, by virtually every metric he is bad.

Musk supporters keep forgetting the. This glass is unbreakable smash, oh try a different window. Smash. Moment

People have been mocking him for years. Infact even at primary school when he was just the son of an emerald mine owner.

Last edited:

Speaking of Donny, I see you've avoided the Trump thread since he was found liable for sexually assaulting E. Jean Carroll. You of course said that women put themselves in these situations because they want it and are mainly just money grabbers (unlike ***** grabbers). Well now the man you defended and who has been accused of raping/sexually assaulting over 24 women has finally had his day in court (well he refused to show up) and a majority male jury said he did it. Any thoughts you'd like to share Roar? How is your TDS dealing with this?

Oh and what has Bezos done other than acting like every other celebrated capitalist by milking his workforce for every penny he can? He bought the Washington Post but has no input on its editorial decisions, not something Elon has done with Twitter.

Musk supporters keep forgetting the. This glass is unbreakable smash, oh try a different window. Smash. Moment

People have been mocking him for years. Infact even at primary school when he was just the son of an emerald mine owner.

I'll never understand why anyone would want a car with windows you can't break, that also has electric doors so if the battery fails you're trapped inside the vehicle to burn to death in a fire the fire brigade can't put out.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why anyone would want a car with windows you can't break, that also has electric doors so if the battery fails you're trapped inside the vehicle to burn to death in a fire the fire brigade can't put out.

Ever been off roading?

The electric doors that have a means to open if the battery dies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom