The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he's also going to recycle "unused" accounts, so the names get back in the available "pool" and to "reduce server load" (which is a nonsense*), and it looks like 30 days is going to be enough for it to be "dormant" and to be reused.

Basically a lot of old, verified/trusted but now unused accounts are likely to become up for the spammers and con artists to grab.

IIRC there was discussion about doing something like this years ago, but Twitter decided not to for the above reasons, but also because they acknowledged there are a number of accounts that were locked and archived after the owners died and they had both a sentimental value, and a value as to both twitter as something people might visit but also removing them would break other conversations.

My guess is the "recycle dormant names" thing is pretty much to justify the NPR account being given to someone else as "part of policy" and not just petty spite.

*If the account is dormant all it's using is a bit of drive space and maybe the very occassional access if someone looks at say the tweets of someone who died.

Apparently he's also going to recycle "unused" accounts, so the names get back in the available "pool" and to "reduce server load" (which is a nonsense*), and it looks like 30 days is going to be enough for it to be "dormant" and to be reused.

Basically a lot of old, verified/trusted but now unused accounts are likely to become up for the spammers and con artists to grab.

IIRC there was discussion about doing something like this years ago, but Twitter decided not to for the above reasons, but also because they acknowledged there are a number of accounts that were locked and archived after the owners died and they had both a sentimental value, and a value as to both twitter as something people might visit but also removing them would break other conversations.

My guess is the "recycle dormant names" thing is pretty much to justify the NPR account being given to someone else as "part of policy" and not just petty spite.

*If the account is dormant all it's using is a bit of drive space and maybe the very occassional access if someone looks at say the tweets of someone who died.

Iirc he also said they will be archived for the purposes of anyone wanting to go back through them?

Not sure how you find them if they don't have the same username etc though.

Iirc he also said they will be archived for the purposes of anyone wanting to go back through them?

Not sure how you find them if they don't have the same username etc though.
Perhaps there will be a section called "archived accounrs" and you just search there.

Npr should just tweet every 6 months or whatever is required, and it just be the junk emails they get from elon

Seems musk has picked a new CEO of X. Wonder who she will be.

Word on the street...

Linda Yaccarino, NBCUniversal's veteran advertising sales leader, is in talks to become Twitter's CEO, a source familiar with the conversations tells Axios.

Why it matters: Yaccarino is considered one of the most formidable advertising sales leaders in the industry, and she would bring a level of professionalism and experience to Twitter's ad sales efforts that the company has lost since Musk took ownership.

Be smart: Musk has long preferred to focus on product and technology over marketing and client services. But with advertisers fleeing Twitter, he needs someone who's willing to take that responsibility off his hands.

• Earlier on Thursday, Musk said that he had already picked a new CEO and that "she" would be starting in roughly six weeks
Details: Musk and Yaccarino have been in talks about a partnership for a few weeks, sources tell Axios.
  • Musk and Yaccarino both attended a conference in Napa hosted by ad giant WPP on Tuesday. They were on stage back-to-back, a source in attendance told Axios.

(Source).

Right wing Musk stans will be gutted at the thought that a woman is running Twitter.

Last edited:
Why do you spend so much time on places like this and 4chan etc?

I don't. I occasionally visit patriots.win and greatawakening.win to gauge the mood of the lunatic fringe and check the latest zeitgeist. I find it informative, and extremely entertaining.

I don't spend any time on 4chan. It doesn't interest me.

I regularly visit Kiwi Farms, because it's full of excellent commentary on internet weirdos and political figures. There's an entire subforum dedicated to the mockery of Nick Fuentes and the America First movement.

why do they end up targeting random civilians in malls?

Because random civilians in malls are accessible, whereas their preferred targets are not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom