The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said he doesn't care about advertising, what I said is that he values free speech over what advertisers want, something I believe he reiterated today without digging up the tweet

Edit: this tweet

And you believe that? Why has he removed #RIP Twitter then? He cares more about free speech than his companies brand so explain that.

The smooth brain takes keep coming.

Reality:

Linda Yaccarino is an advertising executive with more than 30 years experience.

Yaccarino joined the American media company NBCUniversal in 2011 and most recently held the title of Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships.

Prior to Musk's announcement, NBCUniversal said on Friday that Yaccarino would step down immediately from her role.

Yaccarino and her 2,000-member global team are credited with generating more than $100 billion in ad sales and launching the ad-supported streaming service Peacock.

(Source).

Twitter is still haemorrhaging money, and Musk needs a top tier executive to pull advertising revenue. Yaccarino fits the bill.

Last edited:
I absolutely love it that they thought Elon was with them against the elites when he is right at the top of the elites. My god these people are suckers and will believe anyone if that person tells them what they want to hear. Reality crashing down around them makes it all the funnier.

Last edited:

So is Musk doing his flippant replies to these crazies or does he save that for the 'woke'?

This must be killing his fragile ego.

Last edited:
I think it's great if this new CEO takes over a lot of the work then that'll allow Elon to focus on what additional services he wants Twitter to be able to deliver, rather than dealing with all the business stuff, plus it'll obviously give him more time to focus on Tesla and SpaceX. I don't think this new CEO will be able to go against the core philosophy of what Elon intends Twitter to be used for, which is an arena that allows everyone to have their opinions heard freely.

Last edited:
Like any employee one likes to think she'll do what she's told where opinions with the boss might clash. I don't think he'll just give her total autonomy to do as she sees fit across the board. Time will tell, and it's Mr. Musk's call.

I am truly amazed how much reaction what happens to Twitter generates, it's as if the owner has some sort of tap to control the global oxygen supply, whereas in reality if it disappeared from the internet tonight, never to appear again, it would be of no real consequence.

delivering the adds people want - she can talk the talk

Meanwhile Musk can work on below if he want to keep Vietnam customers, might give other countries ideas for legislation, obviates blue ticks ...
HANOI, May 8 (Reuters) - Vietnam is preparing to make it mandatory for social media users of both local and foreign platforms to verify their identity in a bid to rein in online scams, state media reported on Monday.

The measure, part of the Telecommunications Law Amendment to be issued by the end of this year, will enable law enforcement agencies to track down offenders using social media to break the law, state-run Voice of Vietnam (VOV) newspaper reported.

I think Elon is great

Yes we know you love Elon. Just write the above next time, it'll save you the time.

Like any employee one likes to think she'll do what she's told where opinions with the boss might clash

The issue I see ahead for both of them, is that her job will clash with Elon no matter what happens here, unless Elon changes. She has a reputation to uphold and a failure at Twitter won't be a good addition to her cv, regardless of whatever amazing salary she gets. I hear she has a good reputation with advertisers, and that doesn't come from convincing them to pay to advertise back in twitter, to have their ads shown next to endless accounts trying to push doge coin, and then Elon joining in. Or when a news report comes out about some story that's negative towards Elon/twitter, rather than there be an official reply, it's just a poo emoji.

She will lose the reputation she has with the advertisers. Imagine she works hard for 5 months to finally get some massive new advertisers to agree to sign up, to have the next day, Elon tweet about how rubbish that company is due to them not believing in twitter soon enough, and then the ceo is like "wtf was my time spent on to have it all wasted by Elon".

Yes we know you love Elon. Just write the above next time, it'll save you the time.

The issue I see ahead for both of them, is that her job will clash with Elon no matter what happens here, unless Elon changes. She has a reputation to uphold and a failure at Twitter won't be a good addition to her cv, regardless of whatever amazing salary she gets. I hear she has a good reputation with advertisers, and that doesn't come from convincing them to pay to advertise back in twitter, to have their ads shown next to endless accounts trying to push doge coin, and then Elon joining in. Or when a news report comes out about some story that's negative towards Elon/twitter, rather than there be an official reply, it's just a poo emoji.

She will lose the reputation she has with the advertisers. Imagine she works hard for 5 months to finally get some massive new advertisers to agree to sign up, to have the next day, Elon tweet about how rubbish that company is due to them not believing in twitter soon enough, and then the ceo is like "wtf was my time spent on to have it all wasted by Elon".

That's her problem. She isn't being forced to work for Mr. Musk, as far as I know, an I am sure someone would let "us" know if she was captive in the Twitter cellars.

Kitchen and heat comes to mind. But where women are involved, rest assured if she doesn't come out smelling of Botoxed roses, it won't be her fault. Anyone's but....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom