The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he engage with these idiots? “Right wing march is actually FEDs in disguise” :cry: and people wonder why he is questioned, these people are off the reservation, red pilled to the max and he loves to interact with them. The new CEO must be wondering wtf she has taken on.

Patriot Front is well known, they've been publicly active since 2017. MAGA cultists love to pretend that the feds are constantly out there creating 'false flags.' They do this whenever their side does something they know has crossed the line.

'It wasn't our people, it was those damn feds trying to make us look bad!'

Last edited:
Why does he engage with these idiots?
twitter marketting strategy - he represents peoples online idols/guru, similar to Tate, so people will spend time reading threads he comments on -
either he's physical manifestation of the twitter recommendation algorithm, or, perhaps his contributions are now created by chatgpt

Patriot Front is well known, they've been publicly active since 2017. MAGA cultists love to pretend that the feds are constantly out there creating 'false flags.' They do this whenever their side does something they know has crossed the line.

'It wasn't our people, it was those damn feds trying to make us look bad!'

"their side" - let's take a moment to think about how damaging and stupid this mind set is.

"their side" - let's take a moment to think about how damaging and stupid this mind set is.

We’re talking about MAGA extremists here Roar. These are the MTGs, they believe in Q, in Jewish space lasers, that the 2020 election was stolen. You can’t rationalise with the irrational. They are a serious danger to US democracy.

We’re talking about MAGA extremists here Roar. These are the MTGs, they believe in Q, in Jewish space lasers, that the 2020 election was stolen. You can’t rationalise with the irrational. They are a serious danger to US democracy.

Roar is part of the same group therefore does not see it as taking a side. Long live Putin etc.

Do you actually believe they're a danger to US democracy, and if so, what exact danger do they present? I mean, even if they occupied the Capitol building, or any government building, they'd be removed and arrested/shot within 24 hours. I fail to see how they're any different from any other violent protest group except they're constantly labelled as a threat to democracy for some reason.

Do you actually believe they're a danger to US democracy, and if so, what exact danger do they present? I mean, even if they occupied the Capitol building, or any government building, they'd be removed and arrested/shot within 24 hours. I fail to see how they're any different from any other violent protest group except they're constantly labelled as a threat to democracy for some reason.

Why are these people and the politicians that support them a danger to democracy? You know how fragile democracy is? It only works when the population believes it works. There is an ever growing % of their population that doesn’t believe it works and they are constantly being fed rhetoric that backs this belief. The Capitol invasion was just the start, states are passing laws allowing the legislatures to overrule election results, the Supreme Court is hearing a case that if successful would prevent State courts from striking down unconstitutional state election laws, it would place the legislatures above all. Imagine if that had been the case in 2020. Trump’s attempt to overthrow the election would have been far easier, he had the legislatures on board, it was the Sec States and Governors that refused to play ball in states like Georgia and Arizona.

So these people are just part of a much larger problem in the US but they are normalising extremism and people like Catturd, Wall Street Silver feed the belief that the state’s agents are acting as provocateurs. The comments in the tweet Elon engaged with say they are feds because they cover their faces, not because of what their beliefs are. It’s not their extreme views they have a problem with.

Some of the UK’s top scientists are struggling to deal with what they describe as a huge rise in abuse from climate crisis deniers on Twitter since the social media platform was taken over by Elon Musk last year.

Since then, key figures who ensured “trusted” content was prioritised have been sacked, according to one scientist, and Twitter’s sustainability arm has vanished. At the same time several users with millions of followers who propagate false statements about the climate emergency, including Donald Trump and rightwing culture warrior Jordan Peterson, have had their accounts reinstated.

Climate scientists say the change has been stark, and they are fighting to make themselves heard over a “barrage” of often hostile comments.

“There’s been a massive change,” said Mark Maslin, professor of earth system science at University College London and the author of popular books including How to Save Our Planet. “I get so much abuse and rude comments now. It’s happening to all of us, but I challenge the climate deniers so I’ve been really targeted.”

Maslin says he used to have regular meetings with Sean Boyle, Twitter’s former head of sustainability, who was laid off in Musk’s mass cull of staff shortly after he took over in Aprll 2022. Maslin said Boyle discussed the platform’s work to develop ways of ensuring that trusted information was pushed to the top.

“They were using climate change as a good test bed, because it was fairly clear who the good and bad actors were,” Maslin said. “But he was sacked and Twitter became the wild west.”

Last edited:

What's damaging and stupid about it? Patriot front is absolutely MAGA's side. They're not my side, and hopefully they're not yours either.

I fail to see how they're any different from any other violent protest group except they're constantly labelled as a threat to democracy for some reason.

bik0Iyu.png

(Source).

Last edited:
Perhaps if these academics stayed off challenging social media sites and got on with some work they wouldn't feel so hurt? Another kitchen and heat misunderstanding. I get the odd bit of grief on here, I could just stop posting if i felt it was getting to me, it's quite a simple binary choice.

Perhaps if these academics stayed off challenging social media sites and got on with some work they wouldn't feel so hurt? Another kitchen and heat misunderstanding. I get the odd bit of grief on here, I could just stop posting if i felt it was getting to me, it's quite a simple binary choice.

It's ironic that the same sort of people complaining about abuse are constantly harassing on here with snide remarks anytime they don't agree with someone. Unrelated below
Roar is part of the same group therefore does not see it as taking a side. Long live Putin etc.

It's ironic that the same sort of people complaining about abuse are constantly harassing on here with snide remarks anytime they don't agree with someone. Unrelated below

How is it a snide remark? You are literally pro Putin and pro Elon (who is backed by Russia and Saudi). I guess you're pro Trump also?

I guess they fill a gap that's missing in your life somewhere.

Last edited:
Imagine if 'the left' stormed the Capitol building, you'd be throwing all sorts of comments around.

How is it a snide remark? You are literally pro Putin and pro Elon.

I guess they fill a gap that's missing in your life somewhere.

I'm pro Elon because of his massive contribution to the species, something people on here are too fickle to realise. I'm not pro Putin because he's hostile towards the UK, I won't go further into this because it's not the right thread. Not sure what your grounds for attacking my life are, but someone making those kinds of comments is definitely not a happy individual. Have a good Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom