The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
So in this thread it's being made out as if Elon Musk or SpaceX can go "lol safety" and send people up in "death traps" because he hosted Ron DeSantis on a Twitter space

Nobody has said or implied that, and I've pointed out that this legislation applies to all space companies, not just SpaceX. I also quoted an article that explains the liability they still incur under certain conditions. You have now repeated that same information in your post.

Permabanned
Sims are free for the number from Sainsbury's you just have to register with the carrier to top up for calls, texts are free. zero cost

So you trying to tell me I can get a sim from Sainsbury’s FREE and then stick it in a phone and text that SIM from another number FREE without activating the SIM and also send texts out from it FREE without activating it?

Last edited:
Permabanned
This all sounds a bit iffy. I know sod all about SIM cards and mobile phones, they either work or they don't, around here often the latter :)

But are people saying someone can buy a cheap new mobile phone for cash from say a supermarket, and one of these Sainsbury SIM cards and they can then send texts that are effectively untraceable back to the purchaser?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know what to say guys, that's all i did and it worked. I didn't try to text anyone, just used the new number in twitter, got the text and off i went!

It was an O2 sim in case you were wondering

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nobody has said or implied that, and I've pointed out that this legislation applies to all space companies, not just SpaceX. I also quoted an article that explains the liability they still incur under certain conditions. You have now repeated that same information in your post.

Warewolf literally said 'lol saftey'. Not that I care, but it was definitely said.

The bill seems pretty reasonable to me.

Soldato

I'm literally quoting verbatim. Do facts actually matter here?

Permabanned
Probably because of the exceptional risk factors involved? Mitigating claims by those who are presumably well enough remunerated to morally negate multi million insurance claims as well? I doubt those at risk are dragged kicking an screaming into a high risk situation, they go there of their own free will?

Soldato
Why do they require special treatment that other industries don't get? Smacks of typical corruption, lobbyists making sure the correct re-election campaigns get funded.

As it says in the bill which you didn't bother to even take a precursory glance over, there is an inherent danger in launching rockets which doesn't exist in a lot of other industries. Rocket companies can still be sued if there is gross negligence or deliberate failings on their part, but unfortunately sometimes with every reasonable precaution taken something bad can happen. No one is being forced to work at SpaceX or any other rocket company though, and people need to sign a waiver.

Funnily enough Elon says SpaceX has so many applicants to work there that it's more difficult to get a job at SpaceX than it is a place at any leading University.

Last edited:
Soldato
As it says in the bill which you didn't bother to even take a precursory glance over, there is an inherent danger in launching rockets which doesn't exist in a lot of other industries. Rocket companies can still be sued if there is gross negligence or deliberate failings on their part, but unfortunately sometimes with every reasonable precaution taken something bad can happen. No one is being forced to work at SpaceX or any other rocket company though, and people need to sign a waiver.

Funnily enough Elon says SpaceX has so many applicants to work there that it's more difficult to get a job at SpaceX than it is a place at any leading University.

Roar no one is anywhere near that rocket when it launches or they certainly shouldn't be. As you have read the whole bill, what happens if the rocket crashes into the mission control building which is several miles away and kills/injures workers, can they or their families sue? And as they say, the devil will be in the details when it comes to negligence, lawyers are very clever at wording these things in such a way that it makes it almost impossible for someone to prove negligence or just too damned expensive.

I can think of jobs far more dangerous. Oil industry, fishing industry, mining industry, logging industry, the police. I just don't see what makes rocket companies special.

What has that last sentence got to do with the price of bread? No one has said people don't want to work there, they are questioning why rocket companies are getting this exemption.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom