The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I mean Blizzard has been in the online gaming space for years but still manage to **** up a game launch

Are you comparing a game launch to a presidential campaign launch? The former doesn't really matter, they know they have you and most people have already bought the game, EA are just as bad yet they still sell millions of games. The latter you only get one launch and he has given his opponents days of free media as they mock him. And its not like his campaign was flying already, Elon has managed to make his campaign seem even more incompetent. Who ever told DeSantis this was a good idea needs firing.

Permabanned
Are you comparing a game launch to a presidential campaign launch? The former doesn't really matter, they know they have you and most people have already bought the game, EA are just as bad yet they still sell millions of games. The latter you only get one launch and he has given his opponents days of free media as they mock him. And its not like his campaign was flying already, Elon has managed to make his campaign seem even more incompetent. Who ever told DeSantis this was a good idea needs firing.

Be grateful for small mercies if your US presidential election hopes are as i suspect they are ;) Don't forget the Musk Happy Christmas card in gratitude of his "incompetence".

Soldato

I'm sure it doesn't actually matters to you, but anyone who is seriously interested in his campaign can just listen to it today. I listened to the first 15 minutes of it or so. Everyone already knew he was running for President anyway, this was just a promotional thing he did on Twitter, which people can listen to at any time. I'm not especially interested in his campaign but I don't think this had any impact on whether people would vote for him or not, it definitely got a lot of media attention for Twitter, which as always results in more people visiting the website.

Caporegime
I mean Blizzard has been in the online gaming space for years but still manage to **** up a game launch

Instagram and Facebook never go down,ever.

' some silly made up quotes about Zuckerberg fanbois'

Tech fails, especially stuff in it's infancy. It's really not as big a deal as people are making out.

Spaces thing is fairly new too, I think? Was it on pre elon twitter?

Soldato
I'm sure it doesn't actually matters to you, but anyone who is seriously interested in his campaign can just listen to it today. I listened to the first 15 minutes of it or so. Everyone already knew he was running for President anyway, this was just a promotional thing he did on Twitter, which people can listen to at any time. I'm not especially interested in his campaign but I don't think this had any impact on whether people would vote for him or not, it definitely got a lot of media attention for Twitter, which as always results in more people visiting the website.

That is some great spin. You want your launch event to be big news and on every show but not because it was a disaster. He is getting no good media today, its all about the disaster and how he is being mocked by his opponents and the internet in general. Are any of his talking points getting press? No they aren't.

It isn't the end of his campaign but he's now going to have to work hard just to get past this rather than riding a wave from a good event. Plus its just more ammo for Trump and his supporters to use against him.

And we don't have to be personally invested in something to find it interesting. Though who is leader of the US should matter to all of us. Personally I want a president who will stand by our allies and not throw Ukraine under the bus, Trump has said he will on day 1, DeSantis is making similar noises, hopefully that will change. An America that cares about Europe and its security is essential, an introverted America is the last thing we or the free world needs.

Caporegime
Associate
We need an independent journalist to label this dump 'The Tesla Files', and run a threat about it on Twitter. That'll drive Musk and his fanbois insane.

:D
It should be interesting to see how the free speech absolusionist handles it.

I'll take a guess he'll be banning journalists and news sites for just reporting on leaked ( he'll claim "hacked" ) material and claiming they shared hacked docs (again).

Last edited:
Associate
It should be interesting to see how the free speech absolusionist handles it.

I'll take a guess he'll be banning journalists and news sites for just reporting on leaked ( he'll claim "hacked" ) material and claiming they shared hacked docs (again).
He'll probably also claim that the leak contains private customer information as justification for banning the reporting, thus pouring extra fuel on the fire. Leaking customer private data is worse than leaking company data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom