The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Twitter was never worth $44bn on paper, but he had to pay a high price in order to secure the purchase.

The only reason he had to pay a high price was because that was the price he foolishly offered. Once Twitter agreed, he was locked into it by the contract. Twitter couldn't believe their luck, it's no secret they weren't worth that much and would have accepted less.

Musk tried every legal trick in the book to back out of the deal, but Twitter had him by the balls and there was no escape.

Remember, this all started when he said he would accept a seat on the board after becoming the largest shareholder. Then he changed his mind and said he would buy the company for $54.20 per share instead. This came to a grand total of $44 billion. Twitter said yes, and the rest is history.

I repeat: the only reason he paid $44 billion is because he willingly offered $44 billion. That was his offer, not theirs. Twitter didn't even put up an asking price, they just let him walk into the contract on his own terms and got it signed before he could think twice about it.

Musk kicked an own goal during a moment of hubris, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Commissario
The only reason he had to pay a high price was because that was the price he foolishly offered. Once Twitter agreed, he was locked into it by the contract. Twitter couldn't believe their luck, it's no secret they weren't worth that much and would have accepted less.

Musk tried every legal trick in the book to back out of the deal, but Twitter had him by the balls and there was no escape.

Remember, this all started when he said he would accept a seat on the board after becoming the largest shareholder. Then he changed his mind and said he would buy the company for $54.20 per share instead. This came to a grand total of $44 billion. Twitter said yes, and the rest is history.

I repeat: the only reason he paid $44 billion is because he willingly offered $44 billion. That was his offer, not theirs. Twitter didn't even put up an asking price, they just let him walk into the contract on his own terms and got it signed before he could think twice about it.

Somehow I'd managed to forget it was all a weed joke.
Presumably he was trying it when he signed all the documents.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato

He offered that price, and there was a bit of a joke in the offer amount, but you saying "Twitter couldn't believe their luck" is wrong because they adopted a poison pill strategy, they didn't immediately accept the offer because it was well above the valuation. They were told by institutional share holders to "seriously consider" the offer. Elon secured funding 6 days after offering to buy Twitter at $54.20 per share, so it doesn't seem like it was just a joke he couldn't back out of like the implication is. Nor does it seem like Twitter felt the the valuation was so stupidly high that they couldn't turn it down.

He did try to back out, citing the reason being bots if I remember rightly.

Yes (eventually).

They didn't let him walk into the contract, they didn't want to sell until other share holders told them to consider it.

It's not an own goal if you wanted to own Twitter and run it as a free speech platform. Perhaps he made a decision and later decided it wasn't the best idea, but it's not the end of the world for him, he's doing what he originally intended.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol always resorts to insults about strength and masculinity.

So fragile lol

You know someone can be masculine without at the same time being fragile. They aren't mutually inclusive. I know masculinity is a dirty word around here though, incidentally one of the traits Elon Musk has is that he's obviously very driven, takes decisions easily and is unapologetic - all masculine traits - no wonder most people here hate him.

Soldato
Was it you with the female personal trainer? Is she still stronger than you?
MlWCRJO.png

Associate
You know someone can be masculine without at the same time being fragile. They aren't mutually inclusive. I know masculinity is a dirty word around here though, incidentally one of the traits Elon Musk has is that he's obviously very driven, takes decisions easily and is unapologetic - all masculine traits - no wonder most people here hate him.

Its not a dirty word, it's just people think its amusing that some nerd with 9000 posts on a friggin overclocking forum can make insinuations about others physical appearance... like we are all meant to believe you are some super ripped alpha chad lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not a dirty word, it's just people think its amusing that some nerd with 9000 posts on a friggin overclocking forum can make insinuations about others physical appearance... like we are all meant to believe you are some ripped super alpha chad lol.

YOU POST ON A COMPUTER FORUM, BY DEFAULT YOU ARE A BAD BAD NERD LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HERE

I haven't made any insinuations about anyone's physical appearance, I haven't said I'm ripped either lol. I think you need to relax a bit. Maybe you, wessimo, and the rest could actually stay on topic. I know it's rather inconvenient that I dismantled what Sankari said with actual facts so you all needed to respond with basically group bullying instead.

Associate

Needing your hand held to go peepee doesn't seem like the most masculine thing to me

Associate
Are you suggesting the mods should stick a parody warning on Roar's profile?

Gun3Gvm.jpg

Re. the AOC faux account, it did have parody on it although no idea if there is an official tag/label that Twitter throws on accounts.

The account has a long name that gets truncated so it's hard to tell it's a parody account as the parade marker is at the very end

Soldato
Needing your hand held to go peepee doesn't seem like the most masculine thing to me

Yes, being one of the richest men to ever live might come with credible security threats, who would've thought.

Soldato
Yes, being one of the richest men to ever live might come with credible security threats, who would've thought.
I could understand leaving the building and going into public but surely, it raises a lot of questions around the hostility off staff in your building if you don't feel safe enough to wonder to the loo down the corridor? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom