The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why resort to being condescending? I know full well how their net worth is calculated.

My point is that Elon is nothing special in the grand scheme of things. He's a good salesman and manipulator. We need less of those kinds of people having extreme wealth.

The issues you listed are directly a consequence of the greed by those at the top (in fact a lot of the world's problems are due to that).

I would advocate for legislation enforcing fair and reasonable profit share/renumeration throughout all large companies. No more executives/owners disproportionately taking immensely more money than those they employ. Obviously positions that require better education and skills would have a higher salary. No problem with that. Its the massive gulf that is the problem.
Where was i being condescending?

A consequence of greed? No...

They come before greed. People have the ability to be greedy due to those large scale economic problems in our world. Remove them and people won't have the ability to be greedy, or less greedy

Elon Musk running SpaceX and Tesla while buying Twitter then being told he's "nothing special" by Jono8 on the Overclockers forums. Reminds me of some overweight bloke down the pub calling Cristiano Ronaldo **** because he missed a free kick once.

There is actually the potential for a good thread on wealth inequality reduction in here. I believe in wealth inequality, but the last 40 years, it has moved too high. But unfortunately the thread has descended into the most obvious and boring "take from the rich" "the rich don't deserve it" nonsense. No wonder they're called commies.

I think his workers should unionise to protect themselves against his lascivious equine offers.

Maybe you should spend less time on /r/anti-work and more time on working towards your own goals rather than being worried about other people, it's just not a productive use of anyone's time.

The solutions to wealth inequality being advocated on here make no practical sense, Elon Musk's wealth is largely in shares of his own company, so we're essentially saying we want to confiscate an owners right to running their own company if they become too successful?

I find great pleasure in the inference that unionisation for workers in disturbingly poor workplaces is somehow 'anti-work'.

Is it disturbingly poor, could you give us your experiences? Which factory, what job? You realise Amazon employ thousands of high paid highly skilled IT and Tech jobs as well along side their warehouse and logistics work?

Didn’t one of his Tesla factories have weekly OSHA inspections at one point due to frequent safety problems?

I quite like the bloke, but his employees should be able to work without undue risk to their health.

Yanks can be funny that way.

Yank Project Leader :“We don’t need any safety interlocks to prevent people being inside the movement envelope of robotic equipment being controlled by experimental software.”

Me: That’s not what your Director will after I send her the OSHA directives on robotic equipment safety. You know breaching Federal laws is a bad thing, right?”

Yank Project Leader one phone call later: “So, what interlocks do we need and how long will it take to fit them…”

Musk has called out twitter again for not doing their job.

"Elon Musk called out an old Hillary Clinton tweet as a “hoax” Friday after a Twitter user flagged it for misleading disinformation and was ignored."
It was the clinton saying "Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank."

Which we now know is false.

Maybe you could like, find the quote you're referring to so we can discuss it instead of typing ******* quality posts like this
I'm sorry using google and typing "elon musk chinese workers" is so hard for you.
he Tesla CEO, who once slept on his Fremont factory floor during production of the company's Model 3 car, said Americans are 'trying to avoid going to work at all' compared to their Chinese counterparts.
Speaking in an interview with the Financial Times, he said: 'I think there will be some very strong companies coming out of China.
'There's just a lot of super talented and hardworking people in China that strongly believe in manufacturing.
'And they won't just be burning the midnight oil. They'll be burning the 3am oil. So they won't even leave the factory type of thing.

'Whereas in America, people are trying to avoid going to work at all.'

what a hero wanting workers to live at the factory like china, maybe he can install some suicide barriers on the roofs like chinese factories do too

Last month, staff at Tesla's Shanghai Gigafactory were made to sleep at work when production resumed after a three-week shutdown, according to Bloomberg.
The factory started operating as a 'closed-loop system to avoid further shutdowns caused by China's draconian Zero Covid policy.
Workers were given a sleeping bag and mattress and a part of the factory floor to sleep on.

Food of around $63 a day was provided to each employee but they were expected to work 12 hours a day, with one day off every six days.
Before the temporary measures were imposed, staff reportedly worked eight-hour shifts with four days on and two days off.

Tesla shanghai what heroes

In case it hasn't been posted yet (apologies if was and I missed it) here's proof that the media generously contacted Musk in advance to advise him about the pending release of the sexual harassment story. How did Musk respond? He tried to get ahead of the story by pretending to predict a dirty smear campaign.

Is it disturbingly poor, could you give us your experiences? Which factory, what job? You realise Amazon employ thousands of high paid highly skilled IT and Tech jobs as well along side their warehouse and logistics work?

Would have thought it was obvious that he's referring to the warehouse jobs, which are notoriously dreadful, with shamelessly draconian conditions.

I'm sorry using google and typing "elon musk chinese workers" is so hard for you.

what a hero wanting workers to live at the factory like china, maybe he can install some suicide barriers on the roofs like chinese factories do too

Tesla shanghai what heroes

But he didn't say he wanted workers to live at the factory, he was commenting on Chinese attitudes to work vs American, he didn't say he supported either attitude. You can quote sentences but you don't seem to understand words.

He did personally sleep at the factory during the launch of one of the first Tesla's because he wanted to show the people doing the actual work on the floor that he wasn't just some CEO sat in a distant office, he was as invested as they were. Is that a bad thing? People on here are so ******* bitter.

Would have thought it was obvious that he's referring to the warehouse jobs, which are notoriously dreadful, with shamelessly draconian conditions.

Are they worse than other warehouse jobs, or better? What's the pay like compared to the market rate? I ask you because I actually looked myself and the pay actually looked decent for the work. It's just people like you read one story and it's now gospel without you doing any basic research yourself. Also, Amazon tracks metrics on how many breaks people have etc, mostly this is done so they can have a good idea of how many staff they need to get their work done, it gives them productivity stats so they can forecast how many people need they need based on work volumes. This is basically evil if you work in the media and want to portray Amazon in a bad light, even though hundreds of employers do this that handle large work loads and have time scales to achieve.

Last edited:
He did personally sleep at the factory during the launch of one of the first Tesla's because he wanted to show the people doing the actual work on the floor that he wasn't just some CEO sat in a distant office, he was as invested as they were. Is that a bad thing? People on here are so ******* bitter.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom