The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I relented - and used one of the 30 odd google accounts I have to seed a Twitter account (not sure if Elon is now passed my authenticated mobile number)
you are obliged to specify a follower with musk at top of the list, I chose google, couldn't alphabetically search for someone who died.
using it to click on OC posted twitter link, doesn't immediately seem to give a by-product of advertising inundation (which ublock previously supressed), probably using more cpu cycles though and Octopus electrons

Soldato
It's the same for Facebook and IG is it not? You actually need an account to view anything on the platform.

No, you can still look at stuff on Facebook but it keeps asking you to sign in. On IG you can view a few posts before it stops you, you can’t view stories though.

You used to be able to read Twitter quite freely, I read some of the posts from the Ukraine thread, for example.

Soldato
It's the same for Facebook and IG is it not? You actually need an account to view anything on the platform.

Yeah, but space billionaire man bad.

I saw on the BBC that they make people click a button to view Tweets, where as before they just showed the Tweets on the BBC. Elon has probably done it as a **** you to them, I don't blame him.

Last edited:
Suspended
You used to be able to read Twitter quite freely, I read some of the posts from the Ukraine thread, for example.
True enough, but the amount of what you could view on twitter has been getting smaller and smaller over the past few years. Like I said it's not really that much of an inconvenience, folks just like to bitch and moan. Just sign up with a burner account, it's what I did over 10 years ago :p

Soldato
There are limitations in IG if you do not have an acocunt. There are some work arounds, but IG makes it difficult to view stuff if you don't have an account.

You can't even replay videos on IG without an account. The workaround is to refresh the page.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I saw on the BBC that they make people click a button to view Tweets, where as before they just showed the Tweets on the BBC. Elon has probably done it as a **** you to them, I don't blame him.

The BBC do that for Instagram as well, it's nothing to do with Elon.

uYIf0mx.png

Soldato
No, the BBC did, because they were so embarrassed that billionaire space man bossed them so hard in an interview, in fact they were so upset they took it out on Instagram too just to be sure
What?

It is the embedded object that is asking if you accept the Cookies, not the BBCs website??????

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure it's the BBC's site asking if you're happy to load embedded content, not the Twitter or Instagram embeds themselves - as per the screenshot @JRS included
Ah yeah you're right the font threw me off (y). It does make sense though. In fact iframes as a technology are totally banned.

Also if they didn't embed the tweet they could just print screen it - which presumably musk has banned. It is quite risky embedding actual content if the tweet gets edited.

Soldato
if you don't block an embed(ublockO does it too), embed company tracks what site you are visiting them from, to use in any advertising/profile generation (BBC leftie)
or, for OC embeds, you are in the market for hardware, or a new Tesla.

I saw on the BBC that they make people click a button to view Tweets, where as before they just showed the Tweets on the BBC. Elon has probably done it as a **** you to them, I don't blame him
I noticed OCUK takes ages to load when there are twitter posts embedded in them. I started paying attention only when Elon bought twitter so that means it happened then too. Must be because of this thread and everyone being so nasty to Elon that he's gone and made it extra slow to load up their content. Seems Elon is having the last laugh.

In all seriousness, I do like that Roars instant assumption, is that the man baby Elon must have personally made sure BBC users require an extra click to view twitter content, and this was done as man baby retaliation, for the howwible mean content the BBC make about poor Elon, and you can't blame Elon for doing this back.

At least roar subconsciously has accepted Elon as a baby, even if the actions roar made up are made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom