The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Rate limit definitely includes reading replies too. Click one popular tweet and that’s basically game over.

I just looked at Twitter Blue, and it’s insanity that £115/year only gives you 8 tweets between ads instead of 4. So not only does it not get rid of ads, they’re still there every 8 tweets.

If you follow a good amount of accounts youll hit those numbers in a few minutes...
But you won't be following many when new right? What would your numbers be if you were setting the limit.

It's 6k, 600, 300.

300 for a new account seems good to me. Perhaps 600 for an unverified but old account is the issue I see. Would 2k be more reasonable?

I try and compare it to me OCUK use. This is the only "social" site I go to, assuming imgur isn't considered a social site. I'm on here a fair chunk when I get 5/10 minutes free throughout my day, or a bit longer when some newb needs to be pawned with the nonsense the have posted. I imagine I read far less than 300 posts per day, definitely less than 600. Surprised in twitter it would be even higher than that for the average user.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems reasonable to me. What's the issue?

300 posts seem a lot to read per day. Granted I read about 5 a week, and all 5 of them are the ones embedded in this thread
How does it distinguish between reading a post in your feed and skipping posts in your feed ?

Seems unreasonable unless you want to completely break how the site is supposed to work, but I guess if you pay twice what the company is worth and you want to cut corners to save money this is what happens

Soldato
But you won't be following many when new right? What would your numbers be if you were setting the limit.

It's 6k, 600, 300.

300 for a new account seems good to me. Perhaps 600 for an unverified but old account is the issue I see. Would 2k be more reasonable?

I try and compare it to me OCUK use. This is the only "social" site I go to, assuming imgur isn't considered a social site. I'm on here a fair chunk when I get 5/10 minutes free throughout my day, or a bit longer when some newb needs to be pawned with the nonsense the have posted. I imagine I read far less than 300 posts per day, definitely less than 600. Surprised in twitter it would be even higher than that for the average user.
But i can click to read a thread here. Posts read will be anything retweeted onto your timeline even if youre just scrolling by. The equivalent ocuk wise would essentially for you to only see the newest posts for any thread. Its daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom