The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not sure.

Interesting that he has depression. I imagine a lot of his followers would be the kinds of people who scoff at mental illness and would tell him to cheer up/that he has nothing to be sad about.

The thing is you never know with these types of people. A lot of them suffer from depression because the drugs they take make them feel invincible while on them and then reality hits as they come down.

This is a guy that micro doses to manage depression and then goes to town on it when partying. Hmm I think I may see the problem.

I wouldnt be surprised if someone found his laptop somewhere with some very questionalble photos on it.

At least Hunter looked like he knew how to take drugs while Musk looks like he isnt so sure.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Assuming it's in fact true that he has depression I suppose it would make sense why he's pushing all these companies after leaving PayPal and also why when it wasn't as smooth or fast as he wanted it to be so opts to lash out/desperately tries to prove he's one of the 'guys' to his desired in-group but almost certainly knows it's folly so... I get it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The story Elon is promoting is that Patriot Front is made of of Feds. You then say that there is a huge government budget that is used for black ops, implying that this and similar psy-ops could easily be true. You are going down the same conspiracy rabbit hole as Elon. There is a far simpler explanation, they are right wing racist *****! The US has a long long history of such groups and such groups that like to keep their identity secret by wearing masks/hoods. But its 2023 so lets go with the idiotic explanation instead :rolleyes:

I think a group like Patriot Front could absolutely be made by the Feds, it's something they could use as a propaganda tool, they could also use it to keep an eye on who applies to such groups. It's absolutely plausible and not outside the realms of possibility. Now I'm not saying that is the case, but I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand either. I'm not personally interested enough to actually look into it, but if someone told me it was true, I wouldn't immediately call them a mentalist.

I assume your main issue is that Elon Musk tweeted it and it seems the guy who was accused of being a Fed was actually just a bloke who'd recently graduated from college and was caught in the crossfire. I thought about this and I'm not sure what the solution is, obviously Elon Musk personally draws a lot of attention to anything he tweets or retweets, but that's part of a larger issue in society that applies to almost anyone with a large social media following. Even someone with 10,000 followers could put a large spotlight on something they thought was malicious but they simply got it wrong. This could lead to innocent people getting hurt, not just physically but also lead to damage of their reputation. I guess my point is that I'm not sure what the solution is, but there is obviously a problem, and it isn't just Elon Musk - you just choose to highlight when he does it because he's the current enemy in your internet culture war.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think a group like Patriot Front could absolutely be made by the Feds, it's something they could use as a propaganda tool, they could also use it to keep an eye on who applies to such groups. It's absolutely plausible and not outside the realms of possibility. Now I'm not saying that is the case, but I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand either. I'm not personally interested enough to actually look into it, but if someone told me it was true, I wouldn't immediately call them a mentalist.

I assume your main issue is that Elon Musk tweeted it and it seems the guy who was accused of being a Fed was actually just a bloke who'd recently graduated from college and was caught in the crossfire. I thought about this and I'm not sure what the solution is, obviously Elon Musk personally draws a lot of attention to anything he tweets or retweets, but that's part of a larger issue in society that applies to almost anyone with a large social media following. Even someone with 10,000 followers could put a large spotlight on something they thought was malicious but they simply got it wrong. This could lead to innocent people getting hurt, not just physically but also lead to damage of their reputation. I guess my point is that I'm not sure what the solution is, but there is obviously a problem, and it isn't just Elon Musk - you just choose to highlight when he does it because he's the current enemy in your internet culture war.

So you have a conservative organisation like the FBI and it is conservative, it has never had a Democrat lead it. So you have a conservative organisation that creates a racist white supremacist organisation called Patriot Front and goes around waving Nazi flags and chanting heinous **** as a propaganda tool to hurt the right. And you think that is plausible? If someone told you that you'd think, yeah I can believe that. :rolleyes:

Of course the FBI and other law enforcement will try and infiltrate extremist organisations, that is exactly what we should expect them to do. Creating one and having Feds make up its membership makes zero sense. You really think something like that would stay secret for even 12 months? It would leak faster that the OceanGate sub.

No one has the reach and power that Elon has on Twitter. He can amplify any story beyond anything the next 10 most followed users could do together. And to quote that line, with great power comes great responsibility. So he absolutely should be sure that the person he is tweeting about is actually the person they say he is. That guy has been receiving death threats and for many now he is in Patriot Front, no matter how much he says he isn't. Elon is spreading conspiracy nonsense with zero care for the consequences because he enjoys it, because it feeds his ego and it drives traffic. Its exactly things like this that made so many people say he shouldn't have been allowed to buy Twitter. He is irresponsible and he knows his money means he can do as he pleases regardless as their are no consequences that will matter to him.

I choose to highlight it because this thread is about Elon Musk. And I'm not in a culture war Roar, though Elon is, he's put himself bang in the middle of it, he loves the attention and the adulation of his simps. He isn't making the world better, he's making it worse for giggles and damn the consequences. The right wing simps bang on about the elites, he is the elite of the elites, at some point they might realise that he doesn't give a damn about them or their cause. Though they've shown with Trump that it doesn't matter what crimes he commits, they still believe. There is a cult of Elon now just like a cult of Trump.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you have a conservative organisation like the FBI and it is conservative

Okay. By "Feds" I don't just mean the FBI, there are plenty of Federal organisations that could conduct this kind of operation.

it has never had a Democrat lead it. So you have a conservative organisation that creates a racist white supremacist organisation called Patriot Front and goes around waving Nazi flags and chanting heinous **** as a propaganda tool to hurt the right.

Where are you getting this from? No one said it was being used as a tool to hurt the right except you. You make up your own arguments then argue against them.

And you think that is plausible? If someone told you that you'd think, yeah I can believe that. :rolleyes:

I would absolutely believe a Federal organisation could make start a phoney organisation to catch white nationalists (this group of people is actually tiny by the way), or as a propaganda tool to show they need more funding because of the evil white nationalist problem they've partially invented themselves.

Of course the FBI and other law enforcement will try and infiltrate extremist organisations, that is exactly what we should expect them to do. Creating one and having Feds make up its membership makes zero sense. You really think something like that would stay secret for even 12 months? It would leak faster that the OceanGate sub.

It does for the above reasons.

No one has the reach and power that Elon has on Twitter. He can amplify any story beyond anything the next 10 most followed users could do together.

Yeah but he was also one of the top accounts before he bought Twitter, that's mostly down to his merits of being entertaining online and successful financially.

And to quote that line, with great power comes great responsibility. So he absolutely should be sure that the person he is tweeting about is actually the person they say he is. That guy has been receiving death threats and for many now he is in Patriot Front, no matter how much he says he isn't.

Yes, this is a problem, but it isn't limited to Elon Musk. We've seen many false allegations spread by social media, and also by main stream media (CNN - Maga kids?). Apart from "blame Elon", I'm not sure what the solution is.

Elon is spreading conspiracy nonsense with zero care for the consequences because he enjoys it, because it feeds his ego and it drives traffic. Its exactly things like this that made so many people say he shouldn't have been allowed to buy Twitter. He is irresponsible and he knows his money means he can do as he pleases regardless as their are no consequences that will matter to him.

I think Elon is basically just posting his authentic views online without a filter, irrespective of the consequences, like he always has done. Most rich/famous people don't do that, but that's why Elon Musk has so many followers.

I choose to highlight it because this thread is about Elon Musk. And I'm not in a culture war Roar, though Elon is, he's put himself bang in the middle of it, he loves the attention and the adulation of his simps.

It's weird how everything he does is viewed with the assumption of malice from people on here.

He isn't making the world better

I think a lot people would disagree lol

he's making it worse for giggles and damn the consequences. The right wing simps bang on about the elites, he is the elite of the elites, at some point they might realise that he doesn't give a damn about them or their cause. Though they've shown with Trump that it doesn't matter what crimes he commits, they still believe. There is a cult of Elon now just like a cult of Trump.

Elon and Trump are pretty similar in that they're both very much anti-establishment, true liberals should also be against the establishment but we just do not see that these days. For some reason the left is now pro-establishment and thinks it laughable that the US government could be involved in any conspiracies, despite the massive body of evidence dating back since the end of WW2 that show they are.

Soldato
Assuming it's in fact true that he has depression I suppose it would make sense why he's pushing all these companies after leaving PayPal and also why when it wasn't as smooth or fast as he wanted it to be so opts to lash out/desperately tries to prove he's one of the 'guys' to his desired in-group but almost certainly knows it's folly so... I get it.

Not sure why you're ascribing his life choices to what is probably just someone smart using a novel treatment like micro dosing to treat mild depression.

Soldato
Even if you’re a billionaire you get depression. We are human after all.

Wonder what causes it, if financial security isn’t the contributing factor as for many.

I would have thought personal insecurity. That Dave Chappelle thing must have hurt a lot at the time.

He does seem to be craving attention and admiration.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to google what you meant by the David chappelle thing.

Wow.

A normally irrepressible Musk seemed to be dumbstruck by the booing. He remained speechless, only opening his mouth to cry for help: “Dave, what shall I say?”

“Don’t say nothing,” Chappelle counseled. “You hear that sound, Elon? That’s the sound of pending civil unrest.”

Soldato
Okay. By "Feds" I don't just mean the FBI, there are plenty of Federal organisations that could conduct this kind of operation.

You are living in the land of make believe.
Where are you getting this from? No one said it was being used as a tool to hurt the right except you. You make up your own arguments then argue against them.

would absolutely believe a Federal organisation could make start a phoney organisation to catch white nationalists (this group of people is actually tiny by the way), or as a propaganda tool to show they need more funding because of the evil white nationalist problem they've partially invented themselves.
Ah so its used as propaganda to get Congress to give the Executive more money for Federal law enforcement? Right wing extremism is already the greatest internal threat to the US, why bother with some little group like Patriot Front? They certainly couldn't use it as law enforcement as anyone who joined or affiliated would simply use entrapment as a defence. It makes zero sense for it to be set up by federal law enforcement for any purpose you have suggested.
I would absolutely believe a Federal organisation could make start a phoney organisation to catch white nationalists (this group of people is actually tiny by the way), or as a propaganda tool to show they need more funding because of the evil white nationalist problem they've partially invented themselves.
As I said above, they would say it was entrapment and they'd be right. Infiltrating a group and setting up a new group and getting people to join it are completely different things.
Yeah but he was also one of the top accounts before he bought Twitter, that's mostly down to his merits of being entertaining online and successful financially.
I don't care what he did before he bought Twitter. He is the owner of one of the biggest social media companies then and responsible for it.
Yes, this is a problem, but it isn't limited to Elon Musk. We've seen many false allegations spread by social media, and also by main stream media (CNN - Maga kids?). Apart from "blame Elon", I'm not sure what the solution is.
Other people don't own Twitter. It would be like Jeff Bezos using the Washington Post to promote conspiracy theories. He has dome it again and again.
I think Elon is basically just posting his authentic views online without a filter, irrespective of the consequences, like he always has done. Most rich/famous people don't do that, but that's why Elon Musk has so many followers.
He has so many followers because he has very successfully managed to create a cult like following. You only have to see the people at his Tesla events, its almost like a religious reaction, they part with their money no matter what lies come out of his mouth. And these aren't idiots, they are wealthy people, they have been sucked in by a cult of personality.
It's weird how everything he does is viewed with the assumption of malice from people on here.
I wouldn't say its always with malice, I just don't think he gives a damn about the consequences of what he says.
I think a lot people would disagree lol
Please tell me how promoting political division and promoting conspiracy theories helps the world or just the US?
Elon and Trump are pretty similar in that they're both very much anti-establishment, true liberals should also be against the establishment but we just do not see that these days. For some reason the left is now pro-establishment and thinks it laughable that the US government could be involved in any conspiracies, despite the massive body of evidence dating back since the end of WW2 that show they are.
This is laughable. Trump isn't anti establishment, he's been enabled for decades by the establishment, its how he kept his inheritance and used it to create a brand, his wealth for decades kept him above the law. Elon isn't anti establishment either. What they both like to say they belief is that they individually can be the source of truth (|Elon says his Twitter is), that the free press is the enemy, that the elites are against the people and they are against the elites. Its populism 101 and complete bull **** of course. They are both the elites and are very happy with the status quo, though maybe not Trump now that his crimes are finally catching up with him.

Oh I don't think anyone thinks our governments couldn't do terrible things. We've seen it recently with the Tories and their corruption. We saw it with Trump and his enablers attempting to overthrow a free and fair election and coming damned close to pulling it off. The idea that the "Feds" created Patriot Front and those are federal officers waving Nazi flag is just silly though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom