The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I click 1 tweet with 599 replies that’s game over. Literally every single post, reply, ad, profile, is a “read”.

No way it loads like that. They just surely he using lazy loading, so if you click a tweet with 600 replies, you'll load what you can see kn your screen plus the next 4/5 below it, and as you scroll, it'll lazy load the next ones. I can't see it being like OCUK where you click a thread with 200 replies and it downloads all 200 and thus can be slow to load the first viewing.

Caporegime
Figures, it's pretty obvious it's a poor hostage taking attempt to get more subscribers when they get frustrated with their 600 allowance gone in a few scrolls

That is 100% what it is about.

Imagine being naive enough to believe it is due to data scraping.

It is absolutely a ploy to get more people paying.

It's it exactly how all these companies work. Microsoft did similar with Outlook recently whereby the total attachment storage in your emails went from 15gb to 5gb, meaning you couldn't receive emails until you deleted half your life or paid for more...

They get you used to something that is free and then go "oh, sorry you have to pay for that now....and you will because you are a weak willed consumer who's mind has got used to using our free services"

Suspended
No way it loads like that. They just surely he using lazy loading, so if you click a tweet with 600 replies, you'll load what you can see kn your screen plus the next 4/5 below it, and as you scroll, it'll lazy load the next ones. I can't see it being like OCUK where you click a thread with 200 replies and it downloads all 200 and thus can be slow to load the first viewing.
Looks as if it does, although I don't believe its enforcing the per day aspect as I clicked an Elon tweet about 5/10 minutes ago and then got rate limit exceeded message but ive just been able to browse a few other tweets in my timeline.

Soldato
Looks as if it does, although I don't believe its enforcing the per day aspect as I clicked an Elon tweet about 5/10 minutes ago and then got rate limit exceeded message but ive just been able to browse a few other tweets in my timeline.
Either way, its absolutely appalling to use right now and hopefully not a glimpse of the future

You're probably right but I'm not entirely sold on the idea that this is just to get more signed up.

The first thing that springs to mind, is that if Elon is telling the truth, it seems the verified users thing did bugger all to stop bots which he said multiple times.

On top of that, let's pretend Elon is telling the truth and it's entirely due to bots. That means Elon has basically said "I'm going to do something that makes it worse for users, because we are too much of a failure of a company to stop bots. Those bots will worsen the experience for the end user, and our failing has caused this.

Bots aren't a problem for the end user. It's nothing to do with them, however Elon's so current solution is a problem for the users.

Soldato
Tesla became the biggest company in the world while spending $0 on marketing. All the super intelligent people on here can't figure out Musk does this sort of thing to make headlines which drive users and therefore ad revenue to Twitter lol

Last edited:
And there comes the simp.

You had to put the lol didn't you.

You know Elon doesn't read your tweets. What you've done is rather than just say "actually I think this is a good move because of xyz and you're all wrong imo to think this is a problem and I feel this will improve the service overall and this is why" etc etc

Instead you've just simped. Simped as hard as you ever simp. And for what reason I don't know.

Last edited:
Tesla became the biggest company in the world
Also. Check your facts.

BBC News - Twitter temporarily restricts tweets users can see, Elon Musk announces

Meanwhile, accounts with "verified" status

Lol I love the sly dig from BBC as they know the "verified" word is the exact opposite of what should be put there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah man making it more and more difficult to use a social media platform definitely makes me want to purchase access to it.

Now Elon is going to conveniently ignore the 599 bot/regurgitating andy garbage posts that have their coveted blue checkmark just to see that singular desired post because it helps him.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's it exactly how all these companies work. Microsoft did similar with Outlook recently whereby the total attachment storage in your emails went from 15gb to 5gb, meaning you couldn't receive emails until you deleted half your life or paid for more...

They get you used to something that is free and then go "oh, sorry you have to pay for that now....and you will because you are a weak willed consumer who's mind has got used to using our free services"

The data scraping can be easily caught because it is hundreds of K read an hour from a single server, basically like a DoS attack but not distributed.

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
I do find Twitter useful or should I say I like the content of the people I follow but if all social media disappeared tomorrow the world would be a far better place.

I had increasingly mixed views on Twitter before the Musk takeover. On the one hand, it was an incredible source of information, on the other a never ending feed of posts is a never ending source of distraction.

Mostly, I don't miss it, except when following sporting events or fast moving political theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom