The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I make no secret I have issues with organised religion and the way Roar talks about Elon is like the evangelicals talk about Jesus or Trump.
One has to assume that as an opponent of powerful influencers like religion and Andrew Tate you would like to see the likes of Twitter fail and crumble into obscurity then?

Or is it only their current messages not suiting your agenda that riles you, rather than the actual mechanism of their delivery and it's financial and social success?

Soldato
Twitter works perfectly for me just like it has done every day
Well Twitter is no longer working for us both on a personal level and on a business level that's why we have removed Twitter from our business pages and speaking to multiple web developers this is getting wide spread among there clients. Like a lot of places we no longer use Twitter to communicate to customers due to Elons changes. I wouldn't be surprised if Twitters income takes a large drop this and next year due to Elon and that is something Twitter cannot afford to happen. From a commercial point of view Elon looks to have been a disaster for Twitter.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeh, from a business and advertising point of view, limiting it to just users with accounts is ridiculous.

Business outreach has gone from potentially everyone, to only those with twitter accounts.

Man of Honour
Well Twitter is no longer working for us both on a personal level and on a business level that's why we have removed Twitter from our business pages and speaking to multiple web developers this is getting wide spread among there clients. Like a lot of places we no longer use Twitter to communicate to customers due to Elons changes. I wouldn't be surprised if Twitters income takes a large drop this and next year due to Elon and that is something Twitter cannot afford to happen. From a commercial point of view Elon has been a disaster for Twitter.

Not seeing it widespread business wise but it is certainly emerging as a conversation - I think some are doing it for the wrong reasons i.e. Twitter presence puts the company under a higher level of scrutiny - so dropping Twitter is desirable from that perspective.

I dunno how Twitter can't see the issue though - if you are a casual user without a Twitter account and maybe wanting to interact more (promotions, general info or whatever) with a retailer, etc. you click the Twitter link on the business web-site and it now takes you straight to a blank login page - at which point most people are going to go "uh whatever" and forget about it... I don't know what the motivations are behind what is going on at Twitter but whatever it is it is ********* daft. I don't buy it as a necessary reaction to scraping/bot problems - if they can't handle that better they need to fire everyone involved.

EDIT: Also I'm beginning to suspect here Roar's "working perfect" is a case of whatever way Elon makes it work is perfect in a religious kind of sense of "thy will be done" :s

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you even get a log on or subscribe page again now? I just got an error saying something went wrong and to refresh, no actual option to sign up.

Man of Honour
Do you even get a log on or subscribe page again now? I just got an error saying something went wrong and to refresh, no actual option to sign up.

Depends - the site is generally a bit broken the last few days logged in or not with people having different experiences - it is about 50/50 for me at the moment whether I get a login page or "something went wrong".

EDIT: I do wonder if Elon is fully in control of it even or whether there is an element of disgruntled staff involved.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like, he's explained the issue with AI scraping Twitter and effectively DDOS'ing the servers, yet it's like none of you have read and understood it
I'm not sure anyone is doubting what the so called problem is, what they're questioning is his cack-handed solution.

If, as he claims there's a problem with AI scraping and DDOS'ing the servers, there's far better ways to address that problem, ways that don't effect 'normal' users.

Its odd, I haven't hit any limits, am sure I have viewed a lot more tweets than I should be able to see, and yet it carries on as normal.
A lot of the people I follow however are complaining, and some now actively promoting their alternate platforms.

Elon seems to have moved on from whatever he was wrecking before to training for his cage fight with Zuckerberg.
Gives twitter a chance I guess ;)

Elon has inadvertently opened up the chance for a rival to come along. Up until that point I dont think anyone seriously considered a challenge due to the widespread adoption twitter had.

Oh well, I dont really care. I only really signed up for the Ukraine info since whilst there is plenty of dubious stuff its also days in advance of mainstream media.

Suspended
Man of Honour
Its odd, I haven't hit any limits, am sure I have viewed a lot more tweets than I should be able to see, and yet it carries on as normal.
A lot of the people I follow however are complaining, and some now actively promoting their alternate platforms.

Elon seems to have moved on from whatever he was wrecking before to training for his cage fight with Zuckerberg.
Gives twitter a chance I guess ;)

Elon has inadvertently opened up the chance for a rival to come along. Up until that point I dont think anyone seriously considered a challenge due to the widespread adoption twitter had.

Oh well, I dont really care. I only really signed up for the Ukraine info since whilst there is plenty of dubious stuff its also days in advance of mainstream media.

It seems all over the place for me - sometimes I can follow Twitter links in the Ukraine thread not logged in sometimes seeing the whole thing, other times just the main tweet with the comments just a "Something went wrong" text despite the login wall, other times goes straight to the login prompt or just a general error.

Almost everyone I talk to is having different experiences but at least 50% of people are seeing issues.

Personally just using Google tricks so as to be able to browse Twitter still without an account, I refuse to make one now kind of on principle - I've considered it in the past as stuff like TweetDeck would be useful but every time I start thinking about it seriously they seem to do something which is hostile to the users, or would be users, and I end up backing off.

Given the latest stuff frankly I hope Twitter crashes and burns, serves as a warning to the rest, and something better replaces it.

Same, apart from that one day, saturday was it?
Even Saturday I found no limit, its all rather odd and I wonder if it wasn't working as intended.
No real surprise.

I wonder why
Oh I can answer that for you quite easily, its because they cannot interact with the people who follow them.
More than one put I am tweeting this but I wont be able to see your replies until tomorrow

All of the ones I follow are saying that twitter remains their main platform for now but they are putting in place backups for if it gets worse
Musk hasn't lost them (yet maybe) but people are now working on backups who had none before because basically the risk was super low

Suspended
Even Saturday I found no limit, its all rather odd and I wonder if it wasn't working as intended.
No real surprise.
I think there was a limit, but it 'went away' after a few minutes, I even clicked an elon tweet with 12k replies to check :cry:
Oh I can answer that for you quite easily, its because they cannot interact with the people who follow them.
More than one put I am tweeting this but I wont be able to see your replies until tomorrow

All of the ones I follow are saying that twitter remains their main platform for now but they are putting in place backups for if it gets worse
Musk hasn't lost them (yet maybe) but people are now working on backups who had none before because basically the risk was super low
People have been hawking their alternatives ever since musk took over and fired all the staff after the doomsayers proudly proclaimed Twitter would stop working within 48 hours. Dont think much has changed in that regard has it?

Permabanned
All religions deserve to be demonised for the monstrosity they are. At least until any of them can actually prove they’re correct.

You gents like a challenge, taking on the morality of all the religions of the world with one hand, whilst belittling the billionaire Elon Musk's business acumen with the other ;)

I'll sit this one out and observe from the sidelines <LOL>

I think there was a limit, but it 'went away' after a few minutes, I even clicked an elon tweet with 12k replies to check :cry:

People have been hawking their alternatives ever since musk took over and fired all the staff after the doomsayers proudly proclaimed Twitter would stop working within 48 hours. Dont think much has changed in that regard has it?

I am not sure you understand the word hawking.
These people aren't wanting to move they are simply putting in place alternatives and saying "heres my xxxx link, you can pick it up now in case I end up off twitter, I am just copy pastaing my stuff over there for now."

Suspended
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom