The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the death of twitter is overstated - at least referrals to content creators has remained similar versus twitter over a long time.

53023837592_87ca652019_o_d.jpg

threads $44Bn question what does threads look like if you are not logged in ? (can't see any link because it's not authd in EU I guess, so would need to use vpn)

threads $44Bn question what does threads look like if you are not logged in ? (can't see any link because it's not authd in EU I guess, so would need to use vpn)
From here:

Meta says it's working to make Threads compatible and integrative with other apps that support the ActivityPub protocol, such as WordPress and Mastodon. In the future, the company ideally wants Threads posts to be accessible for anyone with a compatible app, whether you have a Threads account or not.

350M Twitter users

2Bn Instagram users

Something tells me the populace don't agree...

2bn instagram users, have you checked any comment sections recently? At least half of those are bots.

The problem with threads is that it's part of Facebook and Instagram, so no real change to the way people are shadow banned, limitations on what can be said, etc.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a clue as I've never even looked at Instagram, but didn't Elon claim a lot of the Twitter users were bots too? ;)

Yeah there's bots on Twitter, but Instagram is swamped. They still have more users than Twitter I'm sure, but I'd be shocked if 50% of them aren't bots.

Yeah there's bots on Twitter, but Instagram is swamped. They still have more users than Twitter I'm sure, but I'd be shocked if 50% of them aren't bots.
Based on sweet nothing but defending poor Elon.

And a year ago, you were arguing 50 percent of users on twitter were bots which is why Elon was right to try and pull out of the dumb deal he stupidly locked himself into.

Funny how quickly you've changed.

The problem with threads is that it's part of Facebook and Instagram, so no real change to the way people are shadow banned, limitations on what can be said, etc.
Post limits and banning is happening on Twitter too though :confused:

Got a source please?

No, this is just my observations and probably anyone else who uses Instagram and isn't visually impaired
Lol of course that's your view roar! I wonder if all those users that arr like "the left make baseless claims and run with them just because it's against Elon" are now going to try and appear neutral and call this out too. Noppe? None of them.

Is this roar, like your observations just last week, how twitter now requires BBC viewers to have to accept emmedded twitter posts, and something you felt Elon did on purpose to spite BBC? All 100 percent wrong.

I imagine the BBC are going to soon replace twitter posts with threads on their news reporting as soon as it makes sense. I bet Elon will feel real great about his success at causing that.

Am I right in thinking your username on threads, has to be the same one you use on Instagram? Bit lame if so, though understand they likely did this so that the big accounts on insta can secure theirs in threads without the obvious users trying to grab and steal them first.

it's well know that IG has a real problem with bots and bot farming, primarily as IG accounts with high followers are able to monetise their follower numbers far easier than other social media bar maybe tik tok?

If Elon can successfully destroy Twitter I'm willing to give him one... maybe two claps (clapflation is high, no more) for sacrificing a bit of himself to do so. It's a shame he can't do the same with Facebook, but oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom