The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking Twitter not youtube you clown.

Yes I know youtube demonitises for all sorts of obscure reasons. Some of the channels specifically mention at times who they need to do or say something different to avoid it.

Are the advertisers on Twitter different to the advertisers on Youtube? It's the same companies. Why do you think Youtube has those policies?

Last edited:
Oh sorry if it was too hard for you.

I was arguing you have no bloody idea.
Hope that is clearer this time?

It was difficult because you suggested everyone over a certain wealth value has homogenous views and that was your whole argument which is completely moronic. Is Bill Gates still trying to accumulate personal wealth? Seems he's more interested in charity work, otherwise he'd still be at Microsoft. You haven't argued against Russell Brand not being interested in earning money, you've just made a stupid blanket statement as if it disproves anything. If Russell Brand wanted to earn money he'd be churning out low IQ comedy movies every year like The Rock and Kevin Hart.

Are the advertisers on Twitter different to the advertisers on Youtube? It's the same companies. Why do you think Youtube has those policies?

I am sure there is a cross over.

The adverts I see on you tube however don't seem to align with Twitter. Maybe thats just me.

On twitter I am mainly just after Ukraine info, plus some people I follow.

On youtube I tend to be diy/archaeology/gardening etc so quite different subjects.

You tube I seem to get wealth managment adverts mainly, twitter i get clothes constantly (bad targetting) and some other odd random stuff like kitchen stuff with the odd advert trying to look like a tweet.

It was difficult because you suggested everyone over a certain wealth value has homogenous views and that was your whole argument which is completely moronic. Is Bill Gates still trying to accumulate personal wealth? Seems he's more interested in charity work, otherwise he'd still be at Microsoft. You haven't argued against Russell Brand not being interested in earning money, you've just made a stupid blanket statement as if it disproves anything. If Russell Brand wanted to earn money he'd be churning out low IQ comedy movies every year like The Rock and Kevin Hart.

I think Brand has long cooked his goose tbh. I mean who is going to give him a film now.

I'm not even sure who Kevin Hart is sorry.

Gates used to be into just money yes. Some people change their minds when they get uber rich.

Anyway this is all heading off into distraction territory.

Lets keep the focus on Twitter and Musk.

Depends on what is agreed between a platform and an advertiser/brand; it'll differ between platforms and they won't all adhere to the same requirements/rules.

If Russell Brand wanted to earn money he'd be churning out low IQ comedy movies every year like The Rock and Kevin Hart.
Surely better than churning out a low IQ podcast though...

Russell brand already tried making movies and people found out he can't act, he's just plain stupid. Even on YouTube his low IQ videos aren't for show, he's just that brain dead like the people who watch them. Lucky for him, the internet allows all the morons to congregate in one place like never before and there is no shortage of those.

Last edited:
I think Brand has long cooked his goose tbh. I mean who is going to give him a film now.

I'm not even sure who Kevin Hart is sorry.

Gates used to be into just money yes. Some people change their minds when they get uber rich.

Anyway this is all heading off into distraction territory.

Lets keep the focus on Twitter and Musk.

Okay, but you said:

I haven't met a single one ever who is not motivated by money.
IMO the more you have the more you seem to be motivated by it.

Admittedly all the millionaires and up I have met/know are business related and not media types though.

So some people change their mind, but your whole argument was that Russell Brand *must* be interested in earning money because he's already a millionaire?

Neither Elon Musk or Russell Brand are interested in earning personal wealth. You're on the side of the people who are. Pro tip: that's usually the wrong side.

Okay, but you said:

So some people change their mind, but your whole argument was that Russell Brand *must* be interested in earning money because he's already a millionaire?

Neither Elon Musk or Russell Brand are interested in earning personal wealth. You're on the side of the people who are. Pro tip: that's usually the wrong side.

How do you know Russell Brand isn't interested, I mean genuinely.

Hes a total crackpot now. Pro tip, don't believe crackpots.

Why do you think I am on the side of people earning personal wealth?, I haven't said that. I have said that all those I know who have achieved that have wanted more.
In fact I think it goes for a high percentage of people, but its a very very very high percentage amongst those in the top 1%.
I would say for many in the top 1% its what motivated them to end up there in the first place.

Russell brand already tried making movies and people found out he can't act, he's just plain stupid. Even on YouTube his low IQ videos aren't for show, he's just that brain dead like the people who watch them. Lucky for him, the internet allows all the morons to congregate in one place like never before and there is no shortage of those.

Yeah I mean, he was so bad in Forgetting Sarah Marshall that they gave him his own spin-off called Get him to the Greek. Both of which were highly rated comedy movies and commercial successes looool

"Thanks to a suitably raunchy script and a pair of winning performances from Jonah Hill and Russell Brand, Get Him to the Greek is one of the year's funniest comedies."

You're basically just willing to lie @Grim5, your posts are honestly terrible in the Ukraine thread because they're not grounded in honesty.

Roar, take a look in the mirror mate, just because you eat up russian and Chinese propaganda doesn't mean I will

How do you know Russell Brand isn't interested, I mean genuinely.

Hes a total crackpot now. Pro tip, don't believe crackpots.

Why do you think I am on the side of people earning personal wealth?, I haven't said that. I have said that all those I know who have achieved that have wanted more.
In fact I think it goes for a high percentage of people, but its a very very very high percentage amongst those in the top 1%.
I would say for many in the top 1% its what motivated them to end up there in the first place.

That's not really relevant though when we're talking about Russell Brand, at all. You're just saying he's a crack pot yet you won't watch his content, so presumably you're basing your opinion from things you've heard second hand? Why would anyone listen to your opinion about someone when you admit you don't watch anything he makes?

Last edited:
That's not really relevant though when we're talking about Russell Brand, at all. You're just saying he's a crack pot yet you won't watch his content, so presumably you're basing your opinion from things you've heard second hand? Why anyone listen to your opinion about someone when you admit you don't watch anything he makes?

I have watched some of his stuff.
People have linked his stuff on here before and I have watched them.

Do I have to repeatedly watch it every week or whatever frequency he does his updates to ensure hes not stopped posting drivel?

I have watched some of his stuff.
People have linked his stuff on here before and I have watched them.

Do I have to repeatedly watch it every week or whatever frequency he does his updates to ensure hes not stopped posting drivel?

The fact you said you wouldn't watch an interview because Russell Brand was asking the questions is ******* stupid. It wasn't even relevant or important given my point was about what Jack Dorsey had to say about advertisers. You may as well just say "I don't want to watch this because it goes against my opinions which I feel uncomfortable about being challenged".

Maybe you should just say Jack Dorsey is also alt-right then you won't have to listen to him as well.

The fact you said you wouldn't watch an interview because Russell Brand was asking the questions is ******* stupid. It wasn't even relevant or important given my point was about what Jack Dorsey had to say about advertisers. You may as well just say "I don't want to watch this because it goes against my opinions which I feel uncomfortable about being challenged".

Maybe you should just say Jack Dorsey is also alt-right then you won't have to listen to him as well.

I told you why before you took us on this great mystery tour of yours.

The last few times I watched his stuff the you tube algo then started suggesting other crackpot grifting morons. As it does.
My suggested feed is now clear again and I don't want to pollute it again, thanks.

If you can find me an equivalent interview elsewhere then I am happy to watch.

I don't mind having my views challenged, Brand isn't going to do that.

I told you why before you took us on this great mystery tour of yours.

The last few times I watched his stuff the you tube algo then started suggesting other crackpot grifting morons. As it does.
My suggested feed is now clear again and I don't want to pollute it again, thanks.

If you can find me an equivalent interview elsewhere then I am happy to watch.

I don't mind having my views challenged, Brand isn't going to do that.

What I dont like about people like Brand is he is the sort of person that could easily say something stupid like. But what if you could live by just eating light bulbs?

But you cant. Yes but what if you could?

Like.

But Get him to the Greek is a ******* funny film and still makes Brand look like a ****.

I think it's very much a case of a certain group seems to think their views are the "silent majority" and are exceptionally vocal about it, when in reality the advertisers know that they are really very much a vocal minority.

If the "alt right" etc were anything like as big and popular as they seem to think they are, the advertisers would generally flock to them, the reality is that they're not and for many brands that try to be as "widespread" in appeal as popular they're toxic because those brands know their customer base to a very good degree.

I saw a clip of a school board meeting from the US the other day that summed it up very nicely, one of the parents from that district made the point that she and most of her ilk don't have the time to go to every school board meeting and spend the time campaigning, whilst the "anti woke" book banners are exceptionally vocal and are making it pretty much their entire lives (IIRC it turns out that across multiple states the requests for banning loads of books are coming from what is often a very small number of people, many of whom are taking advantage of the fact the book "review" laws don't usually require you have to be a parent or person in the district, or even the state, let alone actually have looked at the book and know what is in it).

Advertisers and companies tend to be fairly flexible morally, they don't usually care about the ideology of people, except where it actively hurts them or their carefully cultivate image to have their products shown next to say someone talking about how slavery wasn't bad, or that the globalists should be "dealt with" etc.

Basically the pressure the advertisers put on the platforms is pretty much "just don't make us look terrible" or "don't cause us to have to issue an apology to a signifcant part of of customer base" (or "don't put us next to flat out illegal content").

Steve Bannon said they need to seize all levels of government and that includes school boards. If the left and centre aren't careful they'll find they've lost control of these lower levels and just like with jerrymandering, by the time the majority wake up to what has happened its too late and the damage is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom