The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will that genuinely work?
I assumed it was partly IP address based as I have a tablet just for audible and youtube , prime etc by the bedside that seems to track well compared to my pc where I am logged in.
I havent noticed any 'weird' recommendations when watching a youtube video that way, i suppose for added safety you can go incognito before clicking any links

It was difficult because you suggested everyone over a certain wealth value has homogenous views and that was your whole argument which is completely moronic. Is Bill Gates still trying to accumulate personal wealth? Seems he's more interested in charity work, otherwise he'd still be at Microsoft. You haven't argued against Russell Brand not being interested in earning money, you've just made a stupid blanket statement as if it disproves anything. If Russell Brand wanted to earn money he'd be churning out low IQ comedy movies every year like The Rock and Kevin Hart.

Brand and Gates aren't even playing the same sport, let alone the same game. Gates was the richest man in the world for a good period of time. He likely still owns billions in stocks but as he got older he clearly got bored and decided he could do a lot of good with a chuck of his wealth and I would imagine gets a lot of pleasure from helping those less fortunate around the world. He is still mega rich though.
Brand is a comic and bad actor. His thing is he can't shut up. He tried his hardest to do the Hollywood thing but he can't act and he was just cast as the same character again and again until everyone got bored. Then there is his crazy conspiracy theories that no movie company wants near their products. So now he makes MONEY on Youtube because that is all he has left, I would imagine he does speaking events for the CT crowd as well.
Okay, but you said:

So some people change their mind, but your whole argument was that Russell Brand *must* be interested in earning money because he's already a millionaire?

Neither Elon Musk or Russell Brand are interested in earning personal wealth. You're on the side of the people who are. Pro tip: that's usually the wrong side.

Wow when did Elon tell you this Roar? You know so much about the inner Elon and what his motivations are, you must be really tight with him :rolleyes: Of course he was motivated by money, he is a capitalist through and through. You think he sold huge chucks of his Tesla stock when it was at its peak because he doesn't care about the money? Stock he said he wouldn't sell, his money was going to be the last out after all.

Brand and Gates aren't even playing the same sport, let alone the same game. Gates was the richest man in the world for a good period of time. He likely still owns billions in stocks but as he got older he clearly got bored and decided he could do a lot of good with a chuck of his wealth and I would imagine gets a lot of pleasure from helping those less fortunate around the world. He is still mega rich though.
Brand is a comic and bad actor. His thing is he can't shut up. He tried his hardest to do the Hollywood thing but he can't act and he was just cast as the same character again and again until everyone got bored. Then there is his crazy conspiracy theories that no movie company wants near their products. So now he makes MONEY on Youtube because that is all he has left, I would imagine he does speaking events for the CT crowd as well.

Wow when did Elon tell you this Roar? You know so much about the inner Elon and what his motivations are, you must be really tight with him :rolleyes: Of course he was motivated by money, he is a capitalist through and through. You think he sold huge chucks of his Tesla stock when it was at its peak because he doesn't care about the money? Stock he said he wouldn't sell, his money was going to be the last out after all.

I'm bored of responding to you, like a lot of people on this forum, you'd disagree with Elon Musk if he said the sky was blue. You're intellectually dishonest and not interested in the truth, you're only interested in winning online arguments.

Businesses go free for fast and significant market penetration.

Advertising really has mainly been the online model since interwebz began.
Subscriptions being unusual since as businesses (legacy) switched they saw large savings so fees unnecessary.

Its not the pron model. Its the capitalism model.
Did the banks adopt the pron model when they stopped charging for current accounts and created free banking? Of course they didn't.
Google created the model for market dominance. I think the others copied to establish themselves. But very few businesses can do it indefinitely, especially on sites that rely on opinion generated content.

When big issues come up both sides are going to give their opinion, meaning one side will be the politically incorrect opinion.

I'm bored of responding to you, like a lot of people on this forum, you'd disagree with Elon Musk if he said the sky was blue. You're intellectually dishonest and not interested in the truth, you're only interested in winning online arguments.

I'm simply pointing out your comparison of Gates and Brand doesn't work. Gates and Elon or Gates and Bezos maybe could work but Brand is like comparing your average salary maker to a multi millionaire. You don't become a billionaire if you aren't incredibly motived by money. You do leave yourself wide open when you make claims that Elon isn't motivated by money. You've just made that up in your own head.

I'm simply pointing out your comparison of Gates and Brand doesn't work. Gates and Elon or Gates and Bezos maybe could work but Brand is like comparing your average salary maker to a multi millionaire. You don't become a billionaire if you aren't incredibly motived by money. You do leave yourself wide open when you make claims that Elon isn't motivated by money. You've just made that up in your own head.
Roar87 might have a point as Elon doesn't seem to live the life style of someone motivated by money. Last I heard and correct me if I am wrong, his main home was a tiny £40,000 house. I remember one of his ex's complaining about how cheaply he lived and that he had an old worn out mattress full of holes that he wouldn't replace. In many ways Elon lifestyle is not your typical life style of a millionaire yet alone a billionaire. As much as I don't like Elon I was under the impression he doesn't live the life style of someone who is motivated by money. He even offloaded the bulk of his property portfolio and is offloading what little of that remains which is not something someone motivated by money would do. He started this process before the Twitter disaster. So I am not convinced he main motivation is money. Though I am no expert on Elon and am happy to be corrected if I have this wrong.

Last edited:
Go
Roar87 might have a point as Elon doesn't seem to live the life style of someone motivated by money. Last I heard and correct me if I am wrong, his main home was a tiny £40,000 house. I remember one of his ex's complaining about how cheaply he lived and that he had an old worn out mattress full of holes that he wouldn't replace. In many ways Elon lifestyle is not your typical life style of a millionaire yet alone a billionaire. As much as I don't like Elon I was under the impression he doesn't live the life style of someone who is motivated by money. He even offloaded the bulk of his property portfolio and is offloading what little of that remains which is not something someone motivated by money would do. He started this process before the Twitter disaster. So I am not convinced he main motivation is money. Though I am no expert on Elon and am happy to be corrected if I have this wrong.
Google any of those things you've said if you'd like the real situation.

Elon was good at pr before he was forced to buy twitter.

Imagine the richest giy in the world, with a cult like following that buys into everything Elon, and Elon pretends to be one of them, look I don't own any houses, I "sleep on old mattresses", I'm one of you.

People liked Elon, he was a stand up guy that appeared to try to he genuine, but people now see Elon for what he is and looked further into the spin. There was a claim he slept on friends sofas. Yeah sure I beleive that. He's friends with someone with a 1 bed flat and just chilling out and crashes on their sofa. Sounds legit. And then some how this story is perfectly shared around.

I don't see a single thing Elon does, as not being what billionaire's would do.

Private jet to watch World Cup. Check.

When staying away from home, stay in the most expensive hotels. Check.

Owns expensive property all over the world. Check.

Over pays for companies he knows too little about and then drives them into the ground to be worthless in 12 months. Check.

When staying away from home, stay in the most expensive hotels. Check.

Not disagreeing with what you've said but pretty much anyone with that kind of money, and you'd have to be crazy not to, has a security detail which tends to have implications for what kind of accommodation you use - it tends to be the more expensive hotels which cater to that.

Having that kind of money and trying to be an everyday person with no security makes you a big fat target for kidnapping, etc.

this will be quite exciting how this settles. It seems some of the stuff I follow on Twitter have signed up to threads, so it looks like they're keeping threads in the loop. No way can it settle with two Twitter's the same. One is going to have to differentiate itself in some way. And stuff like Bluesky also.

I'd be happy to convert to Threads if it rids all the annoying climate change deniers you get on Twitter.

I wonder if a lot of the hate from Musk to Zucker is the fact that Musk wishes he was an alien with his alien kids from his alien or AI ex, while everybody and their dog believes that Zucker is an alien of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom