The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how you can post that. They are reporting the news. Promoted accounts are posting misinformation. If that isn't news when it comes to social media then I'm not sure what is.

"Just reporting the news"

Every news story is basically a dig at Twitter

You are being too sensitive.

Meta who are the biggest social media company launch a Twitter competitor when Twitter is having problems and you are surprised it is big news? Please tell us what in those headlines isn't true?

I don't see any digs or lies in those headlines

Any half competent Twitter competitor is going to be a problem for Musk, and by half competent I mean any platform that can take up new users at a reasonable speed, and isn't imposing random changes without notice that make things worse for the user base.

And yes "every influencer" will likely be hopping onto it, since musk started playing games with twitter a good portion of the "infliuencer" user base has already started ensuring they've got backups in place on other platforms, making sure their followers know about them, and in an increasing number of cases already started moving over to them and relegating Twitter to their "secondary" (I've seen a number of quite well known authors* and the like who have basically dumped Twitter except for announcements).
For people that already had an instagram account that is so simple they'd be insane not to do it, if it for example lets them keep the same user name and move over all their current "follows".

As for can it make more money than Twitter, that's a very good question, but given that Threads isn't starting off with $44 billion in debt and interest payments of over a billion a year, that's a really good start for it making more money than Twitter.
All it has to do is not make a billion a year in losses to beat Twitter in those stakes.

*Not necessarily JK Rowling level, but people that have consistently been making a living as authors, winning awards etc for decades for whom Twitter or similar are extremely valuable tools (if they're reliable).

Last edited:
And now Zuckerberg is trolling

IMG-5541.png

IMG-5542.jpg

Be interesting to see previous full-year trends, often sites see a drop into summer as people are getting out more, though with social media that tends to pick back up fairly quickly as people start to share their travel/holiday stuff.

Last edited:
It's funny because I know you didn't even look at the graph or attempt to understand what it was showing. What has who posted it got to do with it?

I make no claim to be an IT expert. I saw the post, looked to see who the guy who posted it is, he is obviously legit so I posted it here. What is your interpretation of that then?

I make no claim to be an IT expert. I saw the post, looked to see who the guy who posted it is, he is obviously legit so I posted it here. What is your interpretation of that then?

Meaningless really, it shows Twitter went from rank 32 to 40, the graph is over about 4 months, unclear what the actual numbers are or what the seasonal trends are. Could be the average user of Twitter spends less time online during Summer, could be the difference between rank 32 and rank 40 is very small - not enough information to really tell us anything.

Weird how the CEO of Cloudflare is some authoritative figure but apparently Elon Musk isn't lol

Last edited:
Meaningless really, it shows Twitter went from rank 32 to 40, the graph is over about 4 months, unclear what the actual numbers are or what the seasonal trends are. Could be the average user of Twitter spends less time online during Summer, could be the difference between rank 32 and rank 40 is very small - not enough information to really tell us anything.

Weird how the CEO of Cloudflare is some authoritative figure but apparently Elon Musk isn't lol

So either their traffic is dropping or those below Twitter is rising.

One has skin in the game and is known to lie and exaggerate. The other is the CEO of Cloudflare.

You realise how you sound right?

yes it's BS - content creator/advertising traffic declining across all social media

ooks like the death of twitter is overstated - at least referrals to content creators has remained similar versus twitter over a long time.

53023837592_87ca652019_o_d.jpg

threads $44Bn question what does threads look like if you are not logged in ? (can't see any link because it's not authd in EU I guess, so would need to use vpn)

If you want a better class of advertising on twitter don't follow/ unfriend musk
Mr. Musk has promoted new tools, known as adjacency controls, so advertisers can keep their ads away from tweets containing specific keywords or posts by certain users. Some advertisers are using the tools to keep their content away from Mr. Musk’s tweets, four people familiar with the situation said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom