The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
But none in 2018, it seems

It's weird that you're holding up that the sometimes-richest-man-in-the-world as a tax paying hero when (1) well, of course he should be and (2) although it seems it's also only partially true.

Genuine question: is there anything that someone could level against Musk which you would take an objective review of and fall on the side of "well, that doesn't make him look great"?

He didn't owe tax in 2018, probably skipping a salary and investing all of his earnings into Tesla means you don't owe tax.

I think I'm the most objective person in this thread, I think most people in here can't see past their own biases. Free speech should be celebrated, it's important, Twitter isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than it was in terms of people being allowed to express their views freely. Elon's companies are all doing incredible things that should be celebrated, yet the view taken on here is that he's an idiot - despite him being described as a genius by his peers.

yet the view taken on here is that he's an idiot - despite him being described as a genius by his peers.

Not just here Trump had a good read on him
“When Elon Musk came to the White House asking me for help on all of his many subsidized projects, whether it’s electric cars that don’t drive long enough, driverless cars that crash, or rocketships to nowhere, without which subsidies he’d be worthless, and telling me how he was a big Trump fan and Republican, I could have said, ‘drop to your knees and beg,’ and he would have done it,” Trump asserted.

“Now Elon should focus on getting himself out of the Twitter mess because he could owe $44 billion for something that’s perhaps worthless,” Trump continued in a separate post. “Also, lots of competition for electric cars!”

It was from 2022 after he got to know Elon a bit better

Interesting choice of person to quote, I didn't realise you valued Trumps opinion so highly. When I said his peers think he's a genius, I was referring to people who work in space and technology, not just other rich people.

Twitter becomes a fully paid platform

Twitter will make all user pay $1 per year to use platform

Excellent, that will get rid of a lot of those lefty, skint, unemployed, wasters off the platform. They haven't got a spare dollar per annum. Unless the state increases their dole.

Reminds me of Louis Rossmann's comments about nickel and diming users and searching down the back of the sofa for cash - it is not the signs of a healthy business.

Philippines and New Zealand only, not all users. For now.

Considering how much I use x, I actually don't mind a £1 a year. Though I never post, so it won't effect me at all.

I don't remember paying to walk to a town square and yell obscenities at people... but I guess this is the new-fangled 'free speech' future that keeps being uttered incessantly.

I don't remember paying to walk to a town square and yell obscenities at people... but I guess this is the new-fangled 'free speech' future that keeps being uttered incessantly.

When you guberment launches its own social media you can complain about free speech

Look after the cents and the dollars will look after themselves to paraphrase an old English saying. Of course running a country prudently isn't a vote winner from the idle and feckless, so we have global financial crises. 100 million dollars may be small change in itself, but such laissez faire attitudes are what brings about such things as Birmingham City Council going bust, et cetera.
Birmingham City Council got nailed because of gender equality pay claims totaling £760,000,000 lol.

Interesting choice of person to quote, I didn't realise you valued Trumps opinion so highly. When I said his peers think he's a genius, I was referring to people who work in space and technology, not just other rich people.

This you? You clearly value him, you think he was a good president. I think most in here don't value his opinion and think he was the lowest IQ president in modern history and without doubt the one with the least morals but it was likely only posted because you do.

Yeah, I don't think so, Trump was a good President, the world was a FAR better place with him in charge of the US. It's very easy to compare the night and day difference between 2016-2020 and the current **** show of world events.

I think I'm the most objective person in this thread...

Now that wins comedy line of the week, genuine lol, thanks its always good to laugh.

Even though this is only a "trial" in certain regions, i bet he absolutely will roll it out globally and then steadily increase the price.

Imagine paying to use something like Twitter. Just lol.

Last edited:
Even though this is only a "trial" in certain regions, i bet he absolutely will roll it out globally and then steadily increase the price.

Imagine paying to use something like Twitter. Just lol.

They should be paying people tio use it, Musk has made a right balls of it - as usual.

"not a bot" LOL

And the idea that bot farms that are spending tens of thousands just to get the hardware up and running to sell their services won't be more than willing and able to pay $1 a year to get a "Certified not a bot by Musk's genius" account is absolutely laughable.

All it does is make hiring a bot net fractionally more expensive, but also gives them more "clout" as they've been "certified" as not possibly being bots because they were able to enter a valid card number (which can't possibly be stolen, or be a virtual card, or reused hundreds/thousands of times).

How long before to prove you're not a bot it's a cent a like, and a dime a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom