The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only joking defence to really dumb comments. Only been in use for the last few million years.

I'm not going to full on simp for Elon, but it's quite clear that is part of his personality and always has been. Man child 10k.

Is it something that a person that's a leader in space travel, self-driving vehicles and one of the largest social media platforms should have? Definitely not, but it is, so maybe just accept him for who he is and laugh a bit too. Honestly so much easier to laugh about stuff when you can't control it, makes entertainment out of disaster.

Edit: in fact, i expand on my earlier comments in this thread. He's using people that hate this part of him, once again to drive traffic to HIS site to make HIM money. So he's clearly playing a game, and 'winning' at it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not going to full on simp for Elon

Never go full simp

but it's quite clear that is part of his personality and always has been. Man child 10k.

Is it something that a person that's a leader in space travel, self-driving vehicles and one of the largest social media platforms should have? Definitely not, but it is, so maybe just accept him for who he is and laugh a bit too.

But people are laughing, its just Roar gets upset when people laugh at, not with, him.

Honestly so much easier to laugh about stuff when you can't control it, makes entertainment out of disaster.

Roar should definitely be less concerned about what other people think about someone else, for sure.
Edit: in fact, i expand on my earlier comments in this thread. He's using people that hate this part of him, once again to drive traffic to HIS site to make HIM money. So he's clearly playing a game, and 'winning' at it.

Given that twitter's worth and income is a fraction of when he purchased it, seems an odd metric to use if trying to frame a win?

Last edited:
Soldato

We had a kid called 'Bob' back in middle school like that. Typical snotty dribbling nose type that sadly lacked friends, who would walk around shouting about his death list and declare how he's put XYZ on it because they looked at him 'wrong' or called him 'weird' - 'kind of your own making there Bob'.
Unlike the Twitter messiah though, Bob was crap at Quake.

Soldato
...it's just hate filled ridicule constantly.
When all else fails, pedal the 'hate' line...

bZwNNr6.jpg

I'm not going to full on simp for Elon, but it's quite clear that is part of his personality and always has been. Man child 10k.

Is it something that a person that's a leader in space travel, self-driving vehicles and one of the largest social media platforms should have? Definitely not, but it is, so maybe just accept him for who he is and laugh a bit too. Honestly so much easier to laugh about stuff when you can't control it, makes entertainment out of disaster.

Sure.
But its little boy who cried wolf.

Elon says silly thing, simps say hes only joking.
Elon says other things, simps its obvious hes not joking.

But yeah it should be obvious to even the most blinkered Elon fan that his tweeting now is an issue that it wasnt before he bought twitx.
I guess its passing by genius boy wonder himself as well.

Soldato
Sure.
But its little boy who cried wolf.

Elon says silly thing, simps say hes only joking.
Elon says other things, simps its obvious hes not joking.

But yeah it should be obvious to even the most blinkered Elon fan that his tweeting now is an issue that it wasnt before he bought twitx.
I guess its passing by genius boy wonder himself as well.

You'll get it one day. He's the most followed man in the world. His Tweets drive traffic to the website he owns, he earns money from the traffic.

Even this thread, by virtue of you logging onto Twitter and posting links on here, has earned him money.

Yet the question is, "How is he winning?"

You'll get it one day. He's the most followed man in the world. His Tweets drive traffic to the website he owns, he earns money from the traffic.

Even this thread, by virtue of you logging onto Twitter and posting links on here, has earned him money.

His tweets are driving revenue away from the platform.
People like me laughing at him costs him money.

If the platform was seeing increasing money from advertising as all the advertisers were ploughing money into it due to the increased traffic you may have a point.
But they aren't so you don't.

Caporegime

People also followed David Koresh into a fire.

Permabanned

I think you’re half correct.

X is a great vehicle for boosting Musk’s ego. He controls the algorithm and he can shove his opinions into everyone’s timeline. Musk craves attention and X has got him all of the attention he could ever want.

As a money-making venture, X is an absolute failure. Not only is X a loss maker but Tesla’s share price has been significantly affected by Musk getting distracted and the negative publicity around his posts.

But, to quote Citizen Kane:

You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years.

Musk will happily trade some of his wealth for all of this attention.

X is a great vehicle for boosting Musk’s ego. He controls the algorithm and he can shove his opinions into everyone’s timeline. Musk craves attention and X has got him all of the attention he could ever want.

As a money-making venture, X is an absolute failure. Not only is X a loss maker but Tesla’s share price has been significantly affected by Musk getting distracted and the negative publicity around his posts.

You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years.

Well said.

Attention and influence, which twitter (currently) does very well.

Last edited:
Soldato

Seems like people are obsessed with his ego and wanting to see him fail for some reason, why do you think it even matters if Twitter is losing money when his other businesses are doing so well and he said he bought it to be a platform for free speech? Twitters losses aren't going to bankrupt him. The fact you guys don't value having an online platform that allows free speech is honestly terrifying. You can very easily see how life is in China or North Korea where speech isn't free, yet people obsessively attack a man who is literally the only owner of a major online platform who has any intention of putting your rights before advertiser revenue. I can't even fathom the stupidity, it's Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Last edited:
The fact you guys don't value having an online platform that allows free speech is honestly terrifying. You can very easily see how life is in China or North Korea where speech isn't free
You need to buy the mods paracetamol for all the headaches you must cause them as they slap their forehead after reading posts like this, knowing your reporting history.

"Terrifying" . What a cowardly way to look at things. Now I understand why blue haired girls scare you so easily.

Last edited:
Soldato
My man, I just posted some tweets to laugh at. Block the little guy if you find simping too serious. The rest of us are laughing. Join in. Wasn't it you who told us to have a laugh?

Pub was fun, if a little quiet.

Elon free zone though, so no serious world stuff. Until they get their Christmas decorations out. I'll be rearranging the 'NOEL' once more this year ;)

Caporegime
Seems like people are obsessed with his ego and wanting to see him fail for some reason, why do you think it even matters if Twitter is losing money when his other businesses are doing so well and he said he bought it to be a platform for free speech? Twitters losses aren't going to bankrupt him. The fact you guys don't value having an online platform that allows free speech is honestly terrifying. You can very easily see how life is in China or North Korea where speech isn't free, yet people obsessively attack a man who is literally the only owner of a major online platform who has any intention of putting your rights before advertiser revenue. I can't even fathom the stupidity, it's Turkeys voting for Christmas.

A. I want him to fail because he is clearly a complete and utter **** of a person. Nothing to do with his ego. I just want objectively bad people to fail.

B. It is mmensely stupid to believe his whole "free speech" shtick. Even more so if you think he wants to put people's "rights" before his revenue...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom