The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I’m sure you know how to use Google. I’m also sure you’re not asking in good faith.

I'm asking because I don't think you have a clue what their beliefs are, if you Google you can't find anything which I did. You're just using hyperbole and relying on media driven hysteria. I don't think QAnon is a serious organised group who have any sort of shared beliefs that could be pointed to.

I would suggest that QAnon as an organised group is ironically a left wing conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm asking because I don't think you have a clue what their beliefs are, if you Google you can't find anything which I did. You're just using hyperbole and relying on media driven hysteria. I don't think QAnon is a serious organised group who have any sort of shared beliefs that could be pointed to.

I would suggest that QAnon as an organised group is ironically a left wing conspiracy theory.

I've found you a link.

Soldato
I've found you a link.

I want a link to what they themselves say they are, that doesn't exist though. They're essentially an unaffiliated group of people who use 4chan and 8chan to troll media organisations for fun, I doubt any of them believe a single word they type. The fact people are so naive and gullible is worrying.

Last edited:
Associate
I want a link to what they themselves say they are, that doesn't exist though. They're essentially an unaffiliated group of people who use 4chan and 8chan to troll media organisations for fun, I doubt any of them believe a single word they type. The fact people are so naive and gullible is worrying.

I think the naïve part is thinking that none of these people believe it.

I give you US Representative Marjory Taylor Greene.

Permabanned

The problem with places like 4chan is that it starts with edgelords posting nonsense but it ends with people genuinely believing the nonsense. For example, someone broke into Nancy Pelosi’s house and attacked her husband with a hammer because he believed the Pizzagate nonsense.

QAnon doesn’t have to be some centrally-organised organisation to be dangerous. After all, the American right’s biggest boogeyman – anti-fa – isn’t centrally organised and doesn’t have a fixed set of beliefs either.

Soldato
The problem with places like 4chan is that it starts with edgelords posting nonsense but it ends with people genuinely believing the nonsense. For example, someone broke into Nancy Pelosi’s house and attacked her husband with a hammer because he believed the Pizzagate nonsense.

QAnon doesn’t have to be some centrally-organised organisation to be dangerous. After all, the American right’s biggest boogeyman – anti-fa – isn’t centrally organised and doesn’t have a fixed set of beliefs either.

So what even is it? They don't have any shared beliefs, they're not centrally organised, and they're dangerous because some people might believe something that a probably 15 year old kid wrote on 4chan? Like I said, it's media hysteria and hyperbolic nonsense.

Permabanned
So what even is it? They don't have any shared beliefs, they're not centrally organised, and they're dangerous because some people might believe something that a probably 15 year old kid wrote on 4chan? Like I said, it's media hysteria and hyperbolic nonsense.

To say they don’t have any shared beliefs is simply not true. I’m sure you’re well aware of Q and the conspiracy theories that bind QAnon supporters together.

Associate

So all these people that turned up expecting JFK Junior to reveal he's alive and will be Trump's running mate in 2024 (despite dying in a plane crash in 1999) are just having a laugh?

Soldato
So all these people that turned up expecting JFK Junior to reveal he's alive and will be Trump's running mate in 2024 (despite dying in a plane crash in 1999) are just having a laugh?

Okay so there's definitely a guy talking rubbish about blood lines, and in that video I see one sign related to it in that meeting, mostly it's American flags though. If you remove everything the MSNBC host says then it seems to be a handful of individuals at best. Surely they have like a website or something though?

Caporegime
some people might believe something that a probably 15 year old kid wrote on 4chan?

Yes, including Elon Musk the genius (supposed) billionaire (maybe..might just be imaginary), as is evident from his recent twitter post.

He didn't caption it with "lol, look at this nonsense that some idiot kid probably made up on an internet forum", did he?

No, he instead replies to and posts about them, making out that he finds the story/allegations "suspicious" and "weird.." like he does with all the nutjob **** he replies to these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I still stand by my comment, an intervention for what?, if he wants to be a tool and act like a plank online, he can, his platform, his rules. You have no right to dictate what he should and should not believe in, if he wants to believe that Hilary and co are part of some global conspiracy, he can. If he wants to talk or comment about it, he can. If you disagree with him, your free to comment and talk about it, but you have no right to tell him how to think or act.

Who is trying to dictate? Saying his friends should possibly make an intervention is not telling him what he can and can't post, its about getting the guy some help before he destroys his businesses or finds the boards boot his arse to the kerb and all he's left with is Twitter where he can post conspiracies to his hearts content. You don't think Tesla and SpaceX board members see this stuff and aren't saying WTF! Pizzagate is absolute full on conspiracy nonsense who you only expect to see from your crazy mate who has been captured by the YT algorithm and is so far down the rabbit hole you can't do anything but shrug your shoulders. Healthy rational people don't believe that stuff.

Last edited:
And just the other day you told us you don't follow this stuff... Now you're the pro.

So are we to take you're a lier now or just don't remember you own posts from 2 days ago?

Soldato
Who is trying to dictate? Saying his friends should possibly make an intervention is not telling him what he can and can't post, its about getting the guy some help before he destroys his businesses or finds the boards boot his arse to the kerb and all he's left with is Twitter where he can post conspiracies to his hearts content. You don't think Tesla and SpaceX board members see this stuff and aren't saying WTF! Pizzagate is absolute full on conspiracy nonsense who you only expect to see from your crazy mate who has been captured by the YT algorithm and is so far down the rabbit hole you can't do anything but shrug your shoulders. Healthy rational people don't believe that stuff.

Yet here you are, you really think the worlds richest man, who has multiple successful businesses that are pushing the boundaries of technology, believes in that rubbish, or is he just trolling the gullible idiots of twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom