The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have lost the thread of the conversation, this began with this:

That was posted today. It's not the last 12 months.

It can be taken 2 ways and perhaps grim can clarify, but I took it to say less than 12 months ago at some point he lost 200 billion, which is accurate. Grim could have also said "at some point around 12 months ago or less he lost 200 billion, I just can't be bothered to look for the exact date as it's irrelevant, I just know it was within 12 months"

Why you feel the need to really get this exact date and timing pinned down I don't understand.

Last edited:
He's made it back and more though, so doesn't really stand now does it?

This thread takes all sorts of twists and turns. I wonder where we'll be this time next year?
Sure, but the point wasn't that he's lost it for good and not got it back.

You sure it's more now? Last I heard he was losing big with tesla in last month and twitter too. Perhaps you've seen something else to me.

Soldato
Nah, you're right. Only did a few searches to see $250B as the current estimate. Didn't read above article correctly, but then that's the standard of comprehension in here so not saying sorry. :p

Still, not bad for being a big loser.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It can be taken 2 ways and perhaps grim can clarify, but I took it to say less than 12 months ago at some point he lost 200 billion, which is accurate.

That would be a very non-standard reading, especially given the rest of the post and that Musk "made" most of his "loses" back since.

I suspect Grim5 simply read it somewhere without noticing the date. Easily done.

Why you feel the need to really get this exact date and timing pinned down I don't understand.

Why you, and others, feel the need to repeatedly defend a mistaken post rather than going "oh yeah, that's out of date" and moving on, I have no idea.

Note also that the poster I was replying to when you jumped in to defend this mistake had also misunderstood the source and thought it referred to the time since January this year.

Last edited:
Read again. The point is that it was the (slightly over) 12 months prior to January this year it's talking about, not the last 12 months.

Why you, and others, feel the need to repeatedly defend a mistaken post rather than going "oh yeah, that's out of date" and moving on, I have no idea
I wasn't replying to grim though. I was replying to you (quote above) as you seemed confused. And now got confused again, saying we were defending grim when it was a reply to help you.

Any way you've made this rather boring now. Rather than reply to the original point, you've gone over and over the technically correct date rather than the vague time grim gave.

We've established the time line. Now things can move on

Caporegime
An intervention for what? He's entitled to his own opinions no matter how much you dislike them. You could just stop using Twitter if his views bother you that much.

Do you not understand what an intervention is? I mean, technically someone is allowed to drink as much alcohol as they like etc, but that doesn't mean it's good for them or the people that surround them/love them.

Soldato
Do you not understand what an intervention is? I mean, technically someone is allowed to drink as much alcohol as they like etc, but that doesn't mean it's good for them or the people that surround them/love them.
Was just about to say the same thing he needs an inner circle that know when it’s time to circle the wagons some of the stuff he has supported lately is pretty bonkers. If it was someone close to me I’d be having a word for there own good.

Caporegime
At this stage, I think he's given an edge lord take ( "hm..", "interesting...", "very suspicious..") to every right wing bonkers conspiracy theory there is. The man is not well mentally...or just a complete and utter troll/**** looking for attention.

Last edited:
Associate
I think he wants his own cult like following a bit like Trump.

Just lots of weirdos who will endlessly nosh him off so long as they think he hates libs, wokeness etc.

Or he’s just gone full mask off and genuinely believes all the duncey stuff he posts.

Either way he’s firmly moved from the “bit cringe” category into the “total speng” category.

Last edited:
Soldato

I still stand by my comment, an intervention for what?, if he wants to be a tool and act like a plank online, he can, his platform, his rules. You have no right to dictate what he should and should not believe in, if he wants to believe that Hilary and co are part of some global conspiracy, he can. If he wants to talk or comment about it, he can. If you disagree with him, your free to comment and talk about it, but you have no right to tell him how to think or act.

Permabanned
I still stand by my comment, an intervention for what?, if he wants to be a tool and act like a plank online, he can, his platform, his rules. You have no right to dictate what he should and should not believe in, if he wants to believe that Hilary and co are part of some global conspiracy, he can. If he wants to talk or comment about it, he can.

QAnon isn’t some harmless belief like believing in Bigfoot or fairies. There’s been a wave of violence and murders linked to QAnon.

Giving QAnon supporters fuel is only going to lead to more people dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom