The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copium runs through my veins. It's how I wake up each day not raging at the crap in the world.

How are you coping? Let's have a look at the stats shall we...

Ooof

You got me. I post memes because I'm a poor, thin armed, blue haired loving, nerd.

I do like posts like yours. Next you'll be saying my point is invalid because I posted it at 1am on a Friday.

Reactions: JRS
..... oh and IBM said their response was specifically down to media matters

On Thursday, left-leaning non-profit Media Matters put out a report saying it had found adverts from big brands including IBM, Apple, Oracle and Comcast’s Xfinity and Bravo running next to content “that touts Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party”.“IBM has zero tolerance for hate speech and discrimination and we have immediately suspended all advertising on X while we investigate this entirely unacceptable situation,” the company said in a statement.

I'll have to take people's word for it in regards to Instagram and TikTok, as I'm on neither.

Are these services anti-Semitism free zones then? Glad it's been eradicated on those services. Spaceman bad.
You say "Spaceman bad" but there must be some truth to this.

If these companies still spend on TikTok etc then it seems like advertisers don't trust Elon or don't want to be associated with him. I wonder why that is?

When a CEO spreads conspiracy theories and openly calls people peados etc, what do you think the outcome will be?

Last edited:
You say "Spaceman bad" but there must be some truth to this.

If these companies still spend on TikTok etc then it seems like advertisers don't trust Elon or don't want to be associated with him. I wonder why that is?

When a CEO spreads conspiracy theories what do you think the outcome will be?

You are wasting your time with me on this.

I see advertising, and it's financial leverage, as a bad thing. I couldn't give a crap about who advertised where, and how. I'm not making money from it, nor am I buying their crap.

They don't trust Elon for understandable reasons. They do trust the other companies.

My views of the other social media:

TikTok is practically being used to demoralise the west. They love it.

Instagram is full of unrealistic influencers, peddling unattainable lifestyles. It's fake. It's not 'good' for society.

I find it absurd these advertiser's funding that purile stuff, yet don't trust the space man because he's a big man baby, or constantly being 'gotcha'd' by jealous social media assassins with nothing better to do. They are just hypocritical leeches.

I do think Elon should just go away. He's bad for x/twitter if the goal is for it to be a successful investment, but then maybe that's not the goal? I don't know his aims.

ALL of the social media is cancer, and it's being funded by companies throwing advertising at them. X has focus because there's a focal point drawing nonstop attention to it. I wish he wouldn't, but it's his and can do what he wants. This isn't a defence, I wouldn't work/invest/advertise/even post on twitter - but it's not because of Elon.

Are these services anti-Semitism free zones then? Glad it's been eradicated on those services. Spaceman bad.

It's a shame you started off with the above, because your last post is more interesting and agreeable.

I couldn't give a crap about who advertised where, and how

Do you think many of us in this thread cares if Disney does or doesn't advertise with twitter? Do you think colonel will stop watching Disney stuff if they continue to advertise with twitter? Of course not. However ask the simps if they will continue to consume Disney products now that they have been told by daddy that Disney are "black mailing me"

Most people here don't care, but instead are enjoying the show. And there's a lot to enjoy, with times it feeling like there isn't much of a gap until Elon's latest mistake we can laugh at.

I see advertising, and it's financial leverage, as a bad thing. I couldn't give a crap about who advertised where, and how. I'm not making money from it, nor am I buying their crap.

They don't trust Elon for understandable reasons. They do trust the other companies.

Instagram is full of unrealistic influencers, peddling unattainable lifestyles. It's fake. It's not 'good' for society.

I find it absurd these advertiser's funding that purile stuff, yet don't trust the space man because he's a big man baby, or constantly being 'gotcha'd' by jealous social media assassins with nothing better to do. They are just hypocritical leeches.

I do think Elon should just go away. He's bad for x/twitter if the goal is for it to be a successful investment, but then maybe that's not the goal? I don't know his aims.

ALL of the social media is cancer, and it's being funded by companies throwing advertising at them. X has focus because there's a focal point drawing nonstop attention to it. I wish he wouldn't, but it's his and can do what he wants. This isn't a defence, I wouldn't work/invest/advertise/even post on twitter - but it's not because of Elon.
Hopefully AI will kill us off soon. Ironically, it's already starting via social media algorithms, albeit largely driven by human greed.

Last edited:
Have the owners of TikTok being posting/promoting anti-semitic content? Has Zuckerberg?
Add to that, when it's brought up, do they respond appropriately and appear to be dealing with it? And able to get rid of the news quickly as to not harm anyone involved.

And finally, is this the first time, or a consistent event that happens and every time it happens, due to the owners bad PR, the story becomes even bigger event than it needed to be, eg. The BP oil spill "I want my life back" comment

Copium runs through my veins. It's how I wake up each day not raging at the crap in the world.

How are you coping? Let's have a look at the stats shall we...
Screenshot-20231202-114850-Brave.jpg

Ooof
That must be one of, if not the, daftest comeback in history. What you're essentially implying is that if 100 people make 100 post of made up twaddle and 3 people post 3k post refuting that twaddle it must mean it's a cope. :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree with this. It feels like the western (and the world to a large extent) economy has just become an advertising based economy, and to be honest **** is just getting weird because of it.

Last edited:
Also, the only advertising on this forum is for the shop that owns it. Way different to the likes of meta, X and bytedance owned crap that lives off advertisers.

Last edited:
That must be one of, if not the, daftest comeback in history. What you're essentially implying is that if 100 people make 100 post of made up twaddle and 3 people post 3k post refuting that twaddle it must mean it's a cope. :rolleyes:

AHH, sorry, forgot to give them their proper name - The Defenders of the Realm.

I don't even know bots that have the stamina the top posters have. Even Dowie isn't in the top 3. That's some going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom