The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRS said Twitter is the "largest social media site". Feel free to argue that point, on his behalf obviously. I don't see how Twitter can be considered the largest social media site; most important - probably.

Well, let's check the tapes:

Quite.

Much like Twitter itself. Simultaneously the largest and most important social media site where being blocked from it is tantamount to having your freedom of speech stolen from you...and a podunk little site getting pushed around by the bigger boys. Just depends on which argument someone wants to make that day.

So, not quite. A slight exaggeration of what others have said in order to hang a lampshade on arknor's referring to Twitter and Musk as "the little guys".

Also relevant to this thread.

Interesting (in more ways than one, wait for the punchline!) Munro and Musk discussing cybertruck/Tesla innovations
I think Munro actually gives a good insight in to why Tesla is different, and like it or not, he is giving some weight to why doing it differently might have legs.. (discussed yesterday)

Musk is definitely blagging some of the tech stuff, I can confidently say his contradictions about Ethernet/CAN show he only has a cursory grasp, not that I expect him to be an expert, but he hashed the explanations enough! I also note he does not in anyway acknowledge his team/designers etc.. just reinforcing this level of narcissism.

And the punchline.. the last part about his advertiser comments:

The last bit I thought you'd all enjoy.. I was just thinking of this thread when I heard it.. I think Musk is going take a big L on all this.. I would like orgs like the ADL to be very much under the spotlight for their insidious agenda, but this is absolutely not the way to do it!
And is it me, or does he look uncomfortable talking about it? Like he knows he screwed the pooch..

I like that interviewer. "I'm not supposed to talk about this, but..." and then proceeds to say the most stupidest thing. And then does it all over again.

Yeah there's a reason his colleagues told him not to talk about Hitler and ww3

[ ?more interesting cybertruck design discussion with the actual engineers
yes - watched their engineers discuss cybertruck design - they need to show a factory video of the air bending of the body panels with acute angled corners.
(description had sounded like it was high pressure air - actually folding the metal without a solid die completely behind it - still cool)
ironic advert in Monro vid - most interesting bit - unacknowledged, uses press being used for cybers panels, wonder if the laser is.
]

And the punchline.. the last part about his advertiser comments:

The last bit I thought you'd all enjoy.. I was just thinking of this thread when I heard it.. I think Musk is going take a big L on all this.. I would like orgs like the ADL to be very much under the spotlight for their insidious agenda, but this is absolutely not the way to do it!
And is it me, or does he look uncomfortable talking about it? Like he knows he screwed the pooch..

Oh man that last bit is hilarious! Guy goes off on a rant about Nazis and how he hopes it isn't going to take WW3 to stop Disney etc "I'm not supposed to talk about this but" yeah I can't imagine why people wouldn't want to ranting on about that stuff :cry: :cry: I bet he has his prepper bunker fully loaded and armed to the teeth for when the "war" comes. Might need a pretty big gennie to charge that cybertruck though

Last edited:
Really interesting interview, he's an expert in the automotive engineering field and basically had nothing but praise for Elon, his leadership, plus the way Tesla do things all the way through. Who would've thought.

Really interesting interview, he's an expert in the automotive engineering field and basically had nothing but praise for Elon, his leadership, plus the way Tesla do things all the way through. Who would've thought.
I actually agree, I've watched Munro's analysis videos and he used to tear into Tesla for some pretty poor decisions, the difference being, they went from catching up and learning all the mistakes everyone else already had got over to then pretty much leading the way..

Thread bans issued for a couple of you, you know who you are. I suggest you put each other on ignore for your own benefit.

Maccy - this is a little off topic but it's worth investigating a plugin where users can completely block others. It will benefit the mods if this was a feature. At the moment all I see is ignore but the problem with this is their posts flag up as "hidden content" so you know the user has still posted and this content can be unhidden. It's human nature to click the unhide to see the content based on curiosity.

I know there are "block" plugins available for Xenforo so it might be worth the admin / mod team investigating this.

Can you put it on your discussion list for your next meetings / talks ?

This is a formal request and a feature MANY would love to have on here. It would cut down your moderation queues that's for sure.

Thanks K. Bye

Last edited:
Maccy - this is a little off topic but it's worth investigating a plugin where users can completely block others. It will benefit the mods if this was a feature. At the moment all I see is ignore but the problem with this is their posts flag up as "hidden content" so you know the user has still posted and this content can be unhidden. It's human nature to click the unhide to see the content based on curiosity.

I know there are "block" plugins available for Xenforo so it might be worth the admin / mod team investigating this.

Can you put it on your discussion list for your next meetings / talks ?

This is a formal request and a feature MANY would love to have on here. It would cut down your moderation queues that's for sure.

Thanks K. Bye

Or, you know, just behave like adults?

Spats/fights/whatever should just be outright 3 strikes, you're done. Bye.

Imagine needing a safe space in order to keep the triggering little blighters from annoying each other.

Getting rid of the troublemakers would cut down on moderation.

(Let it be known, I don't know what the stripped out content above contained, so if it was more of a personal nature, I do apologise)

Last edited:
Or, you know, just behave like adults?

Spats/fights/whatever should just be outright 3 strikes, you're done. Bye.

Imagine needing a safe space in order to keep the triggering little blighters from annoying each other.

Getting rid of the troublemakers would cut down on moderation.

(Let it be known, I don't know what the stripped out content above contained, so if it was more of a personal nature, I do apologise)

It wasn’t me it was others. People’s own opinions seem to matter but makes it better when you can block people that you know fine well at one point might get you in a suspension or a ban situation.

How can you have 3 strikes when people are allowed an opinion on a topic? I’m fairly sure some would be treated unfairly and an easy solution would be a block feature. Nothing wrong with a safe place.

Behave like adults? On a computer forum? That’s not going to happen unless admins / mods decide enough is enough and just remove non IT chatter completely.

Some of the threads will cause heat no matter what due the absolute nature of discussion.

I don’t actually think I have seen anything outside of GD / Speakers corner where by someone’s been mad / angry at someone else on here especially when it becomes personal attacks.

Most people trouble make in GD / SC. I don’t want to go off topic any longer so I’ll move back over to Elon Musk chatter now once I see something to reply too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It wasn’t me it was others. People’s own opinions seem to matter but makes it better when you can block people that you know fine well at one point might get you in a suspension or a ban situation.

How can you have 3 strikes when people are allowed an opinion on a topic? I’m fairly sure some would be treated unfairly and an easy solution would be a block feature. Nothing wrong with a safe place.

Behave like adults? On a computer forum? That’s not going to happen unless admins / mods decide enough is enough and just remove non IT chatter completely.

Some of the threads will cause heat no matter what due the absolute nature of discussion.

I don’t actually think I have seen anything outside of GD / Speakers corner where by someone’s been mad / angry at someone else on here especially when it becomes personal attacks.

Most people trouble make in GD / SC. I don’t want to go off topic any longer so I’ll move back over to Elon Musk chatter now once I see something to reply too.
GPU/CPU threads are pretty wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom