The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter now has a free speech policy, previously they didn't.
bookmarked!

PpdaICN.gif

lol how boring our days would be without roar.

Soldato
He made use of the term “cis” a ban worthy offence lol

The use of the word cis isn't worthy of a ban. However it can be considered a slur if it is directed as an insult at a specific user, which would then fall into the below.

Severe, repetitive usage of slurs, or racist/sexist tropes where the context is to harass or intimidate others, we may require Post removal

The use of the word cis isn't worthy of a ban. However it can be considered a slur if it is directed as an insult at a specific user, which would then fall into the below.
so it's not free speech, unless the hate is directed at a black guy, then using slur terms is ok.

got it. elons version of free speech as we've been saying all along

Soldato
The problem with the free speech debate is that people do not understand that freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences or that just because you are able to speak, you should or that it means everyone has to listen.

What consequences do you think should apply to freedom of speech?

Soldato
Maybe you should watch some more Christopher Hitchens, then you might not have used both an ad hominem and a strawman argument in this abomination of a post.

I've watched just about every debate he did that is on YT and read several of his books and so I know he would not have been the Elon fan you think he would, especially the way he's acted in the last few years, Hitch didn't suffer fools and Elon has acted like a fool so many times. Sam Harris used to consider Elon a friend but has been very vocal on what a douche Elon has turned into.

Once again Lex with his "lets just all love each other and the world will be beautiful". I'm not sure if he actually believes that crap or its just part of his act.

Last edited:
Soldato
I always find it funny how people who claim to believe in free speech above all other laws, somehow don't believe in freedom of movement. If you're going to do freedom, it should be universal, not pick and choose.

Mobster
Soldato
I always find it funny how people who claim to believe in free speech above all other laws, somehow don't believe in freedom of movement. If you're going to do freedom, it should be universal, not pick and choose.

They don't believe in freedom of speech. They believe in freedom from being held to account for anything they do or say - and only for them and their mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom