• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Opteron Skt 939 Overclocking thread !!!!

Associate
Well anything above 250 is not 32m pi stable.

Am over the moon at this and not really bothered about lifting the volts to get a higher clock....but then again what would be a safge voltage to push these to - lol?

regards,

Matt

Associate
Matt_Hirst said:
Well anything above 250 is not 32m pi stable.

Am over the moon at this and not really bothered about lifting the volts to get a higher clock....but then again what would be a safge voltage to push these to - lol?

regards,

Matt

I wouldn’t worry about the voltage, you will find temperature becomes an issue before you get a chance to worry about the vcore, this is assuming you are on air btw. try and keep your cpu below 50c on load. I wouldn’t exceed more than 1.6 volts anyway.

Associate
Actually my Ballistix are only a couple of months old so live every day in fear that that will be the day they will fail. Not sure on the batch number and have now told myself to stop looking at the 'Ballistix failing' threads as they cause even more worry. Unfortunately as have the fsb over 250 I have to run them at 2T but who can complain at 280x10 1:1 with a £114 CPU?

Although I have had the Ballistix for a couple months I have only a couple of weeks ago transferred them from my P4 3.2 system into this now built Opteron system.
So far so good - but fingers crossed people that I have a good Ballistix set.

Associate
Heres my little baby overclock for my new system :) specs

Opteron 146
DFI LanParty Sli-D
1gb Geil Value

set at 250htt
x4 htt multi
didnt quite understand the divider stuff in bios, but think its 3/4 divider

oc-1.jpg

ill prob prime95 it later, as i doubt a 16mb superpi is sufficient :p

Soldato
sepulchre said:
brocksta.. I wish my CPU would run at that temp, currently idling at 36C :(
I very much doubt it's accurate. Many software monitors are painfully inaccurate and often complete balderdash. I stopped using SMARTGuardian after its automatic configuration reported its cpu load temp as lower than the ambient.

Brocksta - try running SuperPi 16M again, watch the cpu temps. If they don't go up significantly - and I mean to more than your PWMIC temp - they're not right. Take a note of the last temp and re-boot, go into the BIOS and see what temp it reports.

Just for further evidence, motherboard monitor on my DFI NF3 reports the cpu load temp as high 30s but every twenty seconds or so, it thinks the temp is only 15C!

Associate
lol yea, it does seem a bit silly. I prefer the winbond hardware doctor dfi provided in my ultra-b board. When i was running superPi, i think it went to about 30, so its definately wrong.

can you reccommend a better temp monitor? Bios is reporting it at around 30 i think.

update: Just got mine to 2.6, 32mb SuperPi stable :) the temps of cpu went to about 33 or 34, smartguardian sucks tbh! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all, i just received a CABNE 0545 opty 144 , isnt that a good stepping?i was supposed to receive a CAB2E but got this one instead for £98 inc vat. am i lucky to get this? im pairing it up with the asrock mobo, and this is my first 64bit CPU, so wish me luck with it!

Associate
Naan_H said:
Hi all, i just received a CABNE 0545 opty 144 , isnt that a good stepping?i was supposed to receive a CAB2E but got this one instead for £98 inc vat. am i lucky to get this? im pairing it up with the asrock mobo, and this is my first 64bit CPU, so wish me luck with it!

well i have a cabne 0545 146, and its at 2.6 with voltages at stock and can prob go higher. So id say yea, but i think every cpu is different.

Soldato
brocksta said:
well i have a cabne 0545 146, and its at 2.6 with voltages at stock and can prob go higher. So id say yea, but i think every cpu is different.

Well if i can get quite far at stock voltages ill be quite happy, but obviously all chips are different. i just have to get my head round clocking this thing now cos im used to clocking an athlon xp, was so much easier,its like another language now!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi to you all

I'm thinking of hands dirty with my first bit of overclocking, any advice on which Opteron and stepping I should go for out of the following:

144 CAB2E 0546
144 CAB2E 0548
146 CACJE 0546
146 CAB2E 0548

Seems these are the only 144s and 146s left to buy online in the UK. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom