• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Opteron Skt 939 Overclocking thread !!!!

Richdog said:
Hmm not bad Ken, quite a bit of voltage though...

well, it could Prime at 1.62V no problems but Im in burn-in process so I up the voltage abit :D temp is OK as you can see, only 45C under load ===> why scare of high-voltage;)

on a sidenote, any1 hits 3Ghz yet? Im 40 Mhz away at 2961(329x9) :|

Last edited:
Many people would question the advantages.
The X2 would be better in most things with few exceptions, its just when you compare 120 quid vs 300+ is the most obvious, another would that in all games currently out not one takes advantage of dual core, a faster single core will get better fps, nvidia have apparnetyl released drivers that does up dual core performance, by how much im unable to say, but im in no hurry to move away from single cores that do 2.8+.
Not for my gaming machine.

craigjarvis said:
Well thanks to my mate gethy's phonecall this evening saying how good the 144's are doing, i bit the buillit and have just ordered a 148 CABNE 0528GPMW, it should be here friday :D

Just recieved email saying sorry the stock we have is cabye not cabne as advertised do you wish to cancel.

So i cancelled :( no point in paying extra for a cabye 148 i dont think when cabye 144 are still available for half the price

craigjarvis said:
Just recieved email saying sorry the stock we have is cabye not cabne as advertised do you wish to cancel.

So i cancelled :( no point in paying extra for a cabye 148 i dont think when cabye 144 are still available for half the price
cheeky buggers
i've just ordered a 146 from a certain place, order no 8830 no idea what stepping i'll be getting?! lol

teggs said:
cheeky buggers
i've just ordered a 146 from a certain place, order no 8830 no idea what stepping i'll be getting?! lol

It is likely to be the CABYE stepping with that order number which will probably be what i recieve as well. Yeah they still had some 148's with CABNE stepping left in this morning and everyone has jumped to get one @ £230 purely because they see it a good investment in that it is likely to clock to 3ghz. Its actually still worth it at that money to buy over a SD 3700+ for the better clock for some people. having said that, when you compare it to a 144 for £120 it looks poor value, since a lot of the CABYE are clocking to 2.9ghz anyway. I have a CABGE and Im guessing a CABYE on the way so should be able to test both eventually.
Saying that, the place that everyone is buying from actually do not know themselves what the next batch of 144s (due 25th) and the 146s (due 19th October) will be. They may even be the CABNE ones. (I emailed someone who works there).

Hope this helps.

Guys I’m looking to order one of these beasts from the same store as most of you lot are using (I think)

Anyway, is there anything in specific I need to ask / request or am I ok to just order online as normal?

Last edited:
what are safe load temps on these? about 50c?
im gonna test mine against my 3200 venice (idle at 26c) when i get it to see which will go furthest and sell the slower one :D

lol I wish i'd ordered early enough to get one from there, I was just too late on the bandwagon, and by the time i'd got my peach posterior into gear it was backorder city.

Oh well... i consider the CABGE a CHALLENGE... and i'm going to do my utmost to get the best out of it! At least there's not going to be a single component holding me back, so i know whatever max I hit is the limit. :)

Richdog, what you mean?

The 144's that are on pre-order are a different stepping and arent as good?
EDIT: Just called them, don't kno what stepping they have coming :(

Last edited:
No I mean that by the time I got around to buying a CPU there were none left in stock in the UK and I didnt wish to wait for a backorder, so i bought a cabbage (CABGE) instead that should arrive tommorrow.

If I had waited I would have undoubtedly got a better stepping... I just needed it all for this week. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom