• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Opteron Skt 939 Overclocking thread !!!!

Goksly said:
yup; sn25p.
The system can give a decent voltage, but Im stuck with their fans. On Smart fan is whisper quiet, but in games if I give more than 1.5v it gets unhappy and is very loud... although last time i tried was bang in the middle of summer....

Can the fan speed not be overidden in any way or are you stuck with it on smart?

Goksly said:
also surprised at the 3dmark01 someone posted. thought a overclocked oppy and GTX would have scored well over 30k not just shy of it?
saying that, i got 15000 in 3dmark01 & 13205 in 3dmark03 with my current set up :confused:

ah yeah the fan speed can be changed, but smart is excellent as on desktop etc its totally quiet, and in games its spins up just slightly so u can feel more air being moved, but not any more noise. With the other settings, even on the lowest level its slightly audiable but then if it goes too hot it just shuts down (should there be some funky problem) :D

Yeah 2001 is more of a system thing, which is why I was surpised an overclocked oppy didnt make 30k?

Hi All,
Been reading this thread with great interest as I order a 146 and a MSI NEO2 board yesterday.
I am very new to AMD overclocking after having been a Intel "ho" for a few years.
Can someone post some steps to AMD overclocking please?

Thanks.

Here i have2.9Ghz

Pretty certain i can get to 3ghz with a bit more time, not sure if il get time before the weekend mind.

Very nice C&B those CABNE really are something fairly special.

Smurfy said:
Here i have2.9Ghz

Pretty certain i can get to 3ghz with a bit more time, not sure if il get time before the weekend mind.

Very nice C&B those CABNE really are something fairly special.

Looks like yours is doing very nicely too; doing 2.9Ghz on only 1.45v!

What stepping is it?

Also, Crash, get that voltage up and see how far it'll go. :D

Hmm well if temps dont chancge much then fair enough...I just presumed that naturally with voltage comes heat? Voltage can still kill a CPU without too much heat too, as poeple using phase rigs have seen.

I think my CPU will arrive friday though... it was posted the other day and takes 2-3 days... :)

well u are my guinea pig as your chip is mine so

Blaze that trail sir

Im gonna wait up for a tforce board, hopefully these new chipsets will give me the extra bit of tweaking power I need

Last edited:
Kesnel said:
Looks like yours is doing very nicely too; doing 2.9Ghz on only 1.45v!

What stepping is it?

Also, Crash, get that voltage up and see how far it'll go. :D

Cheers Kesnel

Plain old CABYE here

Im unsure how reliable that voltage reading is to be fair, in Bios its set to 1.55+ 8.3% obviously a fair bit more than the 1.45 reported by CPUZ, f check the MBM dashboard it reads as 1.5. So i have no idea where its sitting.
But my watercooling is keeping the temp on this thing amazingly low, eventually im gonna take the top off my best clocking core.

Have a 148 arriving tomorrow so will slap it in and see what she can do on friday night.

People who have the DFI boards are you using the 623-3 bios or the 704-BTA?

I was originally on 310 but flashed almost straight away to the 623 just wondering whats best with these chips?

Ta

Steve

Hi guys,

I have a 144 cabbage arriving on Tuesday, and need to get a decent motherboard to use it with. I am torn between the Epox EP-9NPA+ and the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D. My budget is tight, but I could just stretch to the DFI if it was worth it. Which one do you think I should go for? Also, are there any reasonably priced SLI boards that are good for overclocking on a chip like this?

Cheers

Rob

Back
Top Bottom