The Orville : New Horizons

Another great episode, the guest appearance was a nice surprise :D
Agreed, I really enjoyed this and last week's episode. She looked very plastic, bless her, but she still has it even at 76.

The writing is improving and I first thought this would be a very boring episode but it turned out great and the 90 mins running time flew past. It did not feel like it was an hour and a half long.

What started out as a comic parody has turned into a more serious sci fi with some quite grown up elements. It is a much better Star trek than the other pretenders as it deals with current social issues but doesn't ram the writer's politics down your throat and like Star Trek of old, allows you to weigh up and make up your own mind. A rare thing these days. I really hope it gets renewed, I'm loving it.

Soldato
Another good longer episode, concluded one main enemy and made a new one.
Also, mind blown as I didn't realise it was Bruce Boxliter playing the Union President lol.

Soldato
Ted Danson - is he OK health wise? He seemed to be quite shaky ie Micheal J Fox, hope not.

The Orville went to the explosion site and scans found moklan and krill weapon signatures, but it was only the krill that fired - did I miss something? (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers!)

Another great episode, production values are really high. Although a bit of a star wars trench run rip off, all that was missing was someone saying "stay on target".

And Kelly Grayson is hot :)

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Associate
As much as I enjoyed this weeks episode, I did find it a bit overly saccharine in parts, especially around one character in particular. I had to fast forward the last 5 minutes. Maybe I'm just old and grumpy.

The Bortus / Klyden nutcracker scene proved they can still make me laugh though :cry:

Soldato
Ted Danson - is he OK health wise? He seemed to be quite shaky ie Micheal J Fox, hope not.

The Orville went to the explosion site and scans found moklan and krill weapon signatures, but it was only the krill that fired - did I miss something? (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers!)

Another great episode, production values are really high. Although a bit of a star wars trench run rip off, all that was missing was someone saying "stay on target".

I watched Moklen ships in the bigger ship scene firing, but the krill is meant to have a much bigger fleet.

Associate

it a Moklan enhanced Krill weapon ? as that what the Moklan do , Build better weapons

Caporegime
Most of the season was utter tripe, following on a woke agenda!! The humour was gone as well.

However this latest episode was bloody awesome :D

Man of Honour
Brilliant season, amazing production values and writing, loved the final couple of episodes in particular.

The wedding speech is amazing, ‘all kidding aside’ :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Mixed feelings about the last episode. Was constantly waiting for something "bad" to happen
but, well nothing did!
In some ways back to the style of the first season after the dramatic episodes that preceded it. Problem is, it did feel like filler and a bit twee in places, obviously they didn't want to end on a cliffhanger or low note in case it doesn't get renewed. But there are so many story elements unresolved it deserves to come back for another season. And I actually enjoyed the darker more dramatic direction the show had taken, so much this really felt out of place.

Soldato
Been a great season and I was glad of a happy ending - as you say, just in case it doesn't come back for S4.

The opening Moklan scene - jeebus :cry:

"I wish to become intimate with you, if you are unoccupied, may we go on a date followed by sexual conjugation. Is that an affirmative?"

Might try this one down the local pub.

Back
Top Bottom