The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
It is no secret that I think Fallout New Vegas is the best RPG ever made(by a long way), so this is right at the top of my list of most wanted games.

I like everything I see about it except for one thing- I hope they do something with the companions who seem pretty bland from what I have seen...In fact you could say that about the characters in general

Last edited:
Soldato
Found some interesting reading about the developers and the game.

The creators of The Outer Worlds on learning to make better RPGs

The Outer Worlds: Release date, gameplay, and everything we know

Don't Expect The Outer Worlds To Be As Gigantic As Fallout: New Vegas

Leaving it here incase someone want to have a read while letting your Christmas food digest ! :p

And this quote:

To compare it to a past Obsidian game, the developer told Kotaku that "a good bit of context for the approach is to think of what we did in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, with potentially more ground to cover and explore in each area."

Associate
Really ******* irks me when they try to showcase a FPS game but then have some Muppets using a controller rather than keyboard and mouse. Movement and looking around just doesn't look right on a controller.

Seems most games now are developed and showcased on consoles, it's not a PC first game.
I've had similar feelings about what's been shown so far of Anthem, the view system looks **** on a controller!

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Seems most games now are developed and showcased on consoles, it's not a PC first game.
I've had similar feelings about what's been shown so far of Anthem, the view system looks **** on a controller!

i also think another reason is the media experts now seem to only play on consoles to begin with and have the skills of a house plant, just look at some of ign's play throughs the past year.

Soldato
Games are always showcased on PC with a controller, even console exclusives. Developers need to showcase their games at their best. The analog smooth movement of a controller makes for a better spectacle than the nausea inducing mouse movement. Ever tried to spectate a pro?

Soldato
131 Rapid-Fire Questions About The Outer Worlds

In this exclusive Game Informer video, Joe Juba asks co-directors Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky 131 rapid-fire questions about The Outer Worlds' gameplay, companions, scope, Obsidian Entertainment, and (since they created the original two games) the origins of Fallout.

edit:

New, Exclusive Impressions Of The Outer Worlds

In this excerpt from The Game Informer Show, Ben Hanson, Joe Juba, and Matt Miller share new details on Obsidian's upcoming RPG The Outer Worlds based on Game Informer's new cover story.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Aye, not going to bother now. Exclusives are BS and I'll just save my cash instead.

no cutting nose off involved, got plenty else to play without coughing up £50 for an 'exclusive'

Back
Top Bottom