The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
Oh right. I never noticed, tbh.

Does changing the FOV counteract this? I did notice that when I first started the default FOV was horrible and I had to pull the slider to a much higher value before I could play comfortably. Tbh, I'm not sure how the FOV slider works in terms of which aspect of the field it changes and how this relates to the zoomed in effect.

Changing the FOV helps by default it's on 75 which is low even for console, I'm at 95 right now with a .ini fix for the res until it gets patched. Not stopping me enjoying the game.

Soldato
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but there is an issue with the latest AMD GPU drivers, that results in graphical anomalies. I noticed the other day that my character appears dark / shadowed in the inventory screen, and crew mates appear the same when selecting them prior to departing the ship. Not a major problem, but annoying nevertheless.

Looks like this has been fixed in 19.11.1

• The Outer Worlds™ may sometimes experience an application crash when opening the characters inventory screen.
  • The Outer Worlds™ may experience character models being rendered incorrectly on the inventory screen.

Soldato
Finished it, got 30 hours of out it and did all the quests, got what I'd consider a good ending. Would I replay it probably not as the endings won't be that different and with it being the traditional slide show I'll watch the other ones on YouTube at some stage.

Definitely worth a playthrough and it's the first new game I've bought this year that I've had no issues with CTD or graphical issues etc.

Associate
I really want to love this game, I've invested about 16 hours into it so far and I'm nowhere near the end. Ive read all the positive stuff people have said and some of it I understand.

But..... I can't help but think the whole thing, well... A bit crap.

The combat is awful, the skills and perks are unoriginal, the world's are pretty but they are also pretty linear and I want to use the word dead. Handfuls of similar looking same named NPC plus a few individually names ones that you can talk to. These all seem modelled on the same general face as well just with scars in different places etc.

I'm just bored with it. I wanted an almost guardians of the galaxy style comedy RPG with humor and adventure but instead I've invested a load of time into a dead unimaginative world. Why are all the women thick?

It does have some humor and some good ideas but I feel its poorly executed. It feels almost like a game you'd expect 10 years ago. Does any one else feel the same or is it just me? I'm glad I got it on Game Pass. Doubt I'll keep going. I think I was following the hype train in the beginning and thought it was ok but the longer it goes the harder I've found carrying on.

Soldato
I really want to love this game, I've invested about 16 hours into it so far and I'm nowhere near the end. Ive read all the positive stuff people have said and some of it I understand.

But..... I can't help but think the whole thing, well... A bit crap.

The combat is awful, the skills and perks are unoriginal, the world's are pretty but they are also pretty linear and I want to use the word dead. Handfuls of similar looking same named NPC plus a few individually names ones that you can talk to. These all seem modelled on the same general face as well just with scars in different places etc.

I'm just bored with it. I wanted an almost guardians of the galaxy style comedy RPG with humor and adventure but instead I've invested a load of time into a dead unimaginative world. Why are all the women thick?

It does have some humor and some good ideas but I feel its poorly executed. It feels almost like a game you'd expect 10 years ago. Does any one else feel the same or is it just me? I'm glad I got it on Game Pass. Doubt I'll keep going. I think I was following the hype train in the beginning and thought it was ok but the longer it goes the harder I've found carrying on.
I too have become quite bored with this.

Associate
Glad I'm not the only one! It's all so wooden. There are definitely bits I like, the story arc based on early decisions etc.. But it does not out weigh the negatives at the moment. I think I may give it a bit more time - mostly as I have invested time already. See what happens.

Soldato
I've got to admit, I gave it glowing praise at first, really enjoyed it. But now I just find myself bashing through the dialogue options not caring what I chose. I'm not even sure i can be bothered to play anymore.

Same here. I've been milking the game for everything its got; all quests, explored everything, talked to everyone possible etc. But, at 25hrs in, I'm now skimming the vast majority of the dialogue. The game is good, but it's almost like a "lite" version of what it should (could?) Have been.

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it quite a bit although I'll admit it can seem a bit 'rinse and repeat' in terms of gameplay. I'm finding I've gone back to and am playing more Division 2 lately rather than devoting time to Outer Worlds.

Soldato
I've got to admit, I gave it glowing praise at first, really enjoyed it. But now I just find myself bashing through the dialogue options not caring what I chose. I'm not even sure i can be bothered to play anymore.

I've stopped playing for that reason, really enjoyed it at first but it just didn't keep me interested enough to finish it.

Associate
I'm still enjoying it quite a bit although I'll admit it can seem a bit 'rinse and repeat' in terms of gameplay. I'm finding I've gone back to and am playing more Division 2 lately rather than devoting time to Outer Worlds.

Funnily enough that's the game I've been playing along side this!

Ive now completed it as I was closer to the end than I thought. Thoughts are still the same. It could have been great but Im giving this a very average score. Oh well - onwards and upwards :p

Soldato
Funnily enough that's the game I've been playing along side this!

Ive now completed it as I was closer to the end than I thought. Thoughts are still the same. It could have been great but Im giving this a very average score. Oh well - onwards and upwards :p

Yep, I'm at WT4 now and although D2 is absolutely rinse and repeat, its still a hook for me to go back to and I've not got bored of it yet.

Associate

Exactly same as me

they obviously put most of their resources into the narrative and dialogue and everything else took a back seat.

Each time I play it, I notice more and more poor aspects of it

Soldato
The game has all the ingredients but its missing something which is why its coming across as boring to me now. Shame as it looks pretty in places just needed some more polish & development time but once MS bought Obsidian I guess they rushed it out the door & put it on game pass which is a good idea in itself but short changes the game concept.

Associate
It's like being able to walk into someone's home in full heavy armour, walk straight past them without them acknowledging you, go up their stairs and rob them blind before walking back out again with absolutely no interaction from the NPC whatsoever! How hard would it be to put a mechanic in there where maybe they question what the hell you're doing in their house! Let alone when you go upstairs.

None of them seem to move so pick pocketing them is literally as easy as crouching behind them. Even with fully armoured companions in tow.

And don't get me started on lifts - you can go nuts and annihialate everyone on a ground floor, heavy machine guns blasting everything, take a lift up a level and...... Nope everyone is just getting on with daily business.

Did you forget your companions on the lower lever? Do not fear - pop they are back with you. And for real magic try going upstairs in the lead to find your companions ALREADY upstairs to meet you.

It should have been play tested more with people who would be critical before release in my opinion. So much of the gameplay and design screams lazy.

There is also a bug on the last mission which is well documented but still has not been patched.

Soldato
It has been a long time since I have found a game so utterly boring, though Borderlands 3 come close.
Same here, I've got zero interest in the characters and I'm just zipping through all the conversations without reading them. Not sure how long I've got to go till the end but feel like giving up on it now. Only consolation is I didn't buy it, the game pass has been decent for me so far.

Back
Top Bottom