• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Permabanned
Ordered the Super Jetstream. I thought about the MSI gaming but TBH I'm happy with Palit I had and how quiet it was so theres no point spending another £60 on something that wont really be any better except for the looks.

Soldato
Ordered the Super Jetstream. I thought about the MSI gaming but TBH I'm happy with Palit I had and how quiet it was so theres no point spending another £60 on something that wont really be any better except for the looks.

It's not just looks, Palit is one of the worst for warranty @ 2 years compared to the standard 3 from most, and the 5 year warranty that Zotac and EVGA offer.

Associate
It's not just looks, Palit is one of the worst for warranty @ 2 years compared to the standard 3 from most, and the 5 year warranty that Zotac and EVGA offer.
EVGA only has a 3 year warranty for GPU's, you can extend it by paying extra though AFAIK. EVGA offers a 10 year warranty for their PSU's when you register it, at least mine did at the time when I bought it.

Zotac GPU warranty is 5 years when registered.

Soldato
Exactly why I went Zotac :) I don't anticipate an upgrade before then and even if I do my son will get my old card so I will still want warranty on it :)

Caporegime
I can confirm this is the case. My 2 year extension on FE 1080ti cost about £20.

You're mad, the extended warranties aren't transferable (and I know you like to switch on occasion!!)

3yr warranty for gfx cards is perfect imo, just long enough for peace of mind and they don't tend to be worth much after that point anyhow :)

Soldato
You're mad, the extended warranties aren't transferable (and I know you like to switch on occasion!!)

3yr warranty for gfx cards is perfect imo, just long enough for peace of mind and they don't tend to be worth much after that point anyhow :)

They aren't transferable, but that doesn't mean I can't assist the second hand buyer by organising the RMA in the final 2 years. This is what most people do with non-EVGA cards for the entire warranty period.

As for the accusation of madness, I'm not sure I can dispute that one. :p

Permabanned
I do get what you mean though String but even then I find if an electrical is going to fail it will be pretty much in the first few month. There are exceptions to that obviously but this is in my experience.

Soldato
I do get what you mean though String but even then I find if an electrical is going to fail it will be pretty much in the first few month. There are exceptions to that obviously but this is in my experience.

I sell a lot of kit second hand, and I buy a lot of it too. I find that a bit of warranty provides reassurance, even when it's 18 months left on a 3 year old card.

Have a look at this thread : I'm probably looking at a brand new replacement from EVGA.

Permabanned
I sell a lot of kit second hand, and I buy a lot of it too. I find that a bit of warranty provides reassurance, even when it's 18 months left on a 3 year old card.

Have a look at this thread : I'm probably looking at a brand new replacement from EVGA.

Thats fair enough. Its all about piece of mind in the end isnt it. I'm a bit of a fan of these cards though TBH as they so damn quiet but I have a child now so warranty is going to be something I start looking at with more interest as my old parts will be going to her should she want them.

V F

V F

Soldato
EVGA only has a 3 year warranty for GPU's, you can extend it by paying extra though AFAIK. EVGA offers a 10 year warranty for their PSU's when you register it, at least mine did at the time when I bought it.

Zotac GPU warranty is 5 years when registered.

What I found puzzling between the graphics card and PSU warranty was why the 10 year warranty could be obtained free of charge for the PSU, considering they're only a few hundred pounds versus an item that is £8xx for £20.

Permabanned
What I found puzzling between the graphics card and PSU warranty was why the 10 year warranty could be obtained free of charge for the PSU, considering they're only a few hundred pounds versus an item that is £8xx for £20.

A PSU will last most people quite a long time I would imagine while a GPU not half as long. Also a PSU is much cheaper to replace should they have to.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm not implying a graphic card should have 10 years but I'm surprised the FTW3 wasn't standard 5 years. Considering Zotac.

Back
Top Bottom