• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
I don't think I will have any problem getting 4 if I want them.

I had no problem getting 4 1080s at a good price too.

Will you be getting the new Pascal Titan X ?

Are you a secret millionaire? Because there is no way you can live and buy that much worth of GPU's as a factory worker :p

Your talking £3400? Over the past 1-2 months? Now your talking about spending another £4800+ on 4 Titan x's.

Somethings not right here :confused: :p

Soldato
Looking forward to picking up a used one of these later on. No doubt Nvidia will release the Titan X Black or something, i.e a fully enabled part. Or some type of HBM card that buyers will flock too. I'll pounce on one of these then.

Going to try resist buying new at launch, crazy pricing is crazy.

£1280+ is my bet for the launch price. 1200 dollars = £1200, weakened pound plus early adopter gouge tax. This is gonna be sooo expensive :p

Man of Honour
OP
Doesn't matter how Kaap buys them. I waste nearly as much on other parts near enough. But my PCIE slots contain other components also that are useful.

This^

Some people could put forward a good argument that I am stupid for buying 4 cards.

As I have very few commitments and no other expensive hobbies this makes the above a little less stupid.

At the moment I don't know how many Pascal Titans I will get as there are a lot of questions that need answering first.

The Pascal Titan could overclock like a 1080 which would make it a beast of a card or it could have very little overclocking headroom making it a bit of an expensive turkey.

Then there is those disabled cores, will a fully enabled card be much better ?

There is also the possibility of yet another Pascal Titan with HBM2 and a fully enabled core.

Soldato
This^

Some people could put forward a good argument that I am stupid for buying 4 cards.

As I have very few commitments and no other expensive hobbies this makes the above a little less stupid.

At the moment I don't know how many Pascal Titans I will get as there are a lot of questions that need answering first.

The Pascal Titan could overclock like a 1080 which would make it a beast of a card or it could have very little overclocking headroom making it a bit of an expensive turkey.

Then there is those disabled cores, will a fully enabled card be much better ?

There is also the possibility of yet another Pascal Titan with HBM2 and a fully enabled core.

Didn't mention anything about stupid Kaap. In fact I admire your passion for tech. If only I had enough left over to buy the nice shiny things you do.

When I'm on full money in September then yeah that will likely be a possibility.

I'd be tempted by the TX if nvidia let vendors produce. Such as EVGA. I would need the waterblock warranty. Otherwise wouldnt risk it.

Completely agree with your comments. I'd really like to know just how capable it is vs 1080 and how well it overclocks.

Then the bigger question is what price in the UK.

Man of Honour

This is what would stop me buying one. It feels like a stopgap until the real card comes out. Disabled cores are such a turnoff.

Probably a Titan Y or something in a few months once they refine the chip to work with full capability.

Caporegime
Will you be telling 8 Pack not to get 4 ?

No I did not think so.

The difference being that he seems to be in the know with certain people to get the updates to enable 3 and 4 way whereas you arent last I looked anyway, you asked him in a thread about it and got the rather useless answer "because I'm 8 pack" so presumably you don't have that access. Secondly I doubt he would have to pay for the cards if he wanted them.

Back
Top Bottom